I want to start writing books

I want to start writing books.

I figure i can crank out 90 written pages every week and sell it for 2 dollars a copy.

How do i self publish?

You're not gonna manage 90 pages a week. Not even remotely.

Why do you want to start writing? If it's for the money, you can stop right now because there won't be any.

Shut the fuck up or answer the question.

>How do i self publish?

you don't

Look up self-publishing on amazon. That or look up some of the Vanity Press companies who are basically reg. publishers without a Quality Control team constantly rejecting you.

Let it be known, only go the self-publishing route if you are able to do the economics, advertising and accounting yourself, or if you already have a fanbase willing to buy your stuff.

Otherwise, you are basically spending money to do what you could've done on FictionPress for free.

Many graves of selfpubs can be seen spotted as you scroll through the lists on Amazon, sitting years on their site with zero reviews.

>90 written pages every week
Are you intending to write erotica or actual literature?

When it comes to free shit there's amazon kdp, smashwords, and I think some barnes and noble thing. Like that other guy said though, unless you already have a following, some sort of marketing plan, or are willing to lay down some serious cash to hire a marketer you'll likely be wasting your time.

You sound like a child, is this baby's first Veeky Forums post?

similar vein, i enjoy reading in my spare time, i ont study literature (stem route), but have an interest. Aside from self indulgence and personal reasons, is there any reason to write & publish a book? Will it ever see the light of day, not even having to make profits? Or is it pretty much a guarantee id get a nice rejection letter from any publishing company i went to?

Learn to spell and what capital letters are for, and maybe you will get a rejection letter that isn't dripping with sarcasm, user.

this is an anonymous message board, as informal as it gets. Obviously these are bad habits but they in no way present themselves in my real life. I appreciate what youre saying but you havent really addressed my question

I think you'll find that I did, you just either didn't like it or understand it. To get anything other than a rejection letter you need to take pride in your use of English in general, and try to present yourself as ... you know, a writer of English words, and not some unwashed pleb who thinks writing is easy. Because it isn't easy, and not bothering even on Veeky Forums speaks volumes about your dedication to the craft.

Again, outside of this place and outside of other informal settings i can present myself excellently if i need to. I dont think writing is easy, I havent even done any real study on literature which is why i feel im at a disadvantage but i enjoy it. youre making lots of assumptions based on little knowledge which is turning out to be fruitless when you could just tell me how difficult it is to get published, do you need contacts or a name for yourself etc etc. Assume what im saying to be true, I can present myself well and could write an interesting work of fiction with a different perspective, how likely is it that id get published with no contacts in the field to call upon and no background in literature either? also its exactly because im on Veeky Forums right now i dont feel the need to present myself well.

It depends on what you're planning on writing but more than that it's whether you know anyone in the industry or not. It's a clusterfuck of nepotism, greed, and virtue signaling identity politics these days.

There's some self publishers who crank out like 20k words a week.

Not saying it's good...but they do it.

I dont know anyone at all in the industry. There are lots of other things i could do with my time, including actually just more reading. Im guessing its not worthwhile writing a book so if the reward of simply writing my own book isnt enough for me? It will go nowhere and get seen by no one im guessing?

That's the likely outcome, yes.

You seem to be focusing on the wrong thing. It is important to do things to advertise yourself. Be creative.

It's definitely not impossible. It just isn't particularly worth doing.

thanks for info
i see what you mean but i do think id lack the creativity to advertise my own book!

Write properly.

If you lack the creativity required to advertise, what makes you think you have the creativity required to write a novel in the first place?