ITT: Post deadly Veeky Forums materials

ITT: Post deadly Veeky Forums materials

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/MPTP
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Saxitoxin
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/VX_(nerve_agent)
blogs.sciencemag.org/pipeline/archives/2006/03/08/how_not_to_do_it_liquid_nitrogen_tanks
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Supposedly pic related is one of the most dangerous lab chemicals. It's not the cold that kills, it's the displacement of air and the fact that humans can't smell it that are problems.

that delicious little shit, apart from being highly corrosive, if it enters the human body (and it can pass through the skin due to its small size) it complexes with the Ca++ and Mg++ ions (which are litterally everywhere), which can cause, amongst others total destruciton of the affected nervous system, and a high risk of cardiac arrest.
And for the fun finale, you cant use glass glassware, it can filter through it by capillary action. So you have to get quartz glassware

The best part is that exposure takes around 4 hours to show any symptoms, and starts with intense pain.

and good luck finding an hospital that can treat that shit

I use this shit every week at work its one of the active ingredients in aluminium cleaner

Taste bretty gud

Botulinium
Median lethal dose is like 1.5ng/kg
Yes, that's ng/kg, as in nanograms per kilograms.

Nanogram per kilogram

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/MPTP

>MPTP itself has no psychoactive effects
>MPTP is a prodrug to the neurotoxin MPP+, which causes permanent symptoms of Parkinson's disease (by destroying 50-70% of dopamine neurons in a certain part of the brain)

>The neurotoxicity of MPTP was hinted at in 1976 after Barry Kidston, a 23-year-old chemistry graduate student in Maryland, US, synthesized MPPP with MPTP as a major impurity, and self-injected the result. Within three days he began exhibiting symptoms of Parkinson's disease.
(MPP+) is toxic and acts by interfering with oxidative phosphorylation in mitochondria by inhibiting complex I, leading to the depletion of ATP and cell death.[1] It also inhibits the synthesis of catecholamines, reduces levels of dopamine and cardiac norepinephrine, and inactivates tyrosine hydroxylase.[1]
>Complex I is the largest and most complicated enzyme of the electron transport chain.[6]

Modern chemical warfare would truly be terrifying

>Modern chemical warfare would truly be terrifying
this, pic related

Sodium Pentothal

>Dimethylmercury

>Dimethylmercury is extremely toxic and dangerous to handle. Absorption of doses as low as 0.1 mL can result in severe mercury poisoning.[3] The risks are enhanced because of the high vapor pressure of the liquid.[3]

>Permeation tests showed that several types of disposable latex or polyvinyl chloride gloves (typically, about 0.1 mm thick), commonly used in most laboratories and clinical settings, had high and maximal rates of permeation by dimethylmercury within 15 seconds.[8] The American Occupational Safety and Health Administration advises handling dimethylmercury with highly resistant laminated gloves with an additional pair of abrasion-resistant gloves worn over the laminate pair, and also recommends using a face shield and working in a fume hood.[3][9]

>Dimethylmercury crosses the blood–brain barrier easily, probably owing to formation of a complex with cysteine.[10] It is eliminated from the organism slowly, and therefore has a tendency to bioaccumulate. The symptoms of poisoning may be delayed by months, resulting in many cases in which a diagnosis was ultimately discovered, but only at the point in which it is often too late for an effective treatment regimen to be successful.

reminds me of a youtube video, I cant find it but it was like this:

>idiots pour liquid nitrogen into a swimming pool
>"haha whoah look at this cool fog"
>nitrogen gas expands as it evaporates, displacing all the oxygen in the area
>idiots just start falling over from lack of breathing

>>Modern chemical warfare would truly be terrifying
Well as the saying goes Chemists, they change the way you live and die!
Here are some fun poisons:
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Saxitoxin
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/VX_(nerve_agent)

What disturbs me more is that we've taught computers how to invent new nerve agents! The same techniques used to develop drugs have been used to develop pesticides! A simple change of the target structure could be used design new nerve agents for people rather than insects! With quantum superiority around the corner and the huge size of chemical space, we could invent agent every week or so!

So I've hear most people die when they go to help someone else who passed out. They reach down to pick them up and WHAM! lungs full of nitrogen insta-asphyxiation DOUBLE KILL!

Oh and lets not forget about how liquid nitrogen tanks can explode especially when idiot aggies plug up the pressure relief valve:
blogs.sciencemag.org/pipeline/archives/2006/03/08/how_not_to_do_it_liquid_nitrogen_tanks

I hear nitrogen is a real nice way to go, as long as you don't get dragged out too soon and be an Otto Warmbier.

I've used this stuff in pickling paste and i was burned by it. Make sure you have a tube of calcium gluconate paste nearby. I had to go to A+E it was painful; i was told that the paste contained nitric acid so that you could tell if you had been burned because HF kills the nerve endings before the impulse can reach the brain. I'm sure that's not true but it made me worry. I also dropped some on the factory floor and it took off the two-pack paint off the floor.

gayest shit tbqh but I'm glad chemistry is a place braindead retards can flourish and contribute tbqhtbqh

not memeing don't get tricked by Hollywood like normies do and think this shit is benign. I've only smoked maybe 10 times and shit turned me from top of class at university to having to work 18 hours a day during intensive periods to maintain my grade average. Literally smoking once WILL fuck with memory/attention span permanently even if it's only a little

(You)

When mad science goes wrong. What the FUCK was he thinking?

In truth alcohol is probably more dangerous in terms of people killed because of people getting alcohol poisoning, doing stupid shit while drunk, drunk driving etc.

Technically dihydrogen monoxide is really dangerous by this metric too. You are more likely to die by really common chemicals than the rare ones posted above

If I remember correctly, he was trying to make morphine.

Attempting to synthesize a drug (MPPP) similar to morphine

congratulations on being incapable of distinguising real advice from bait. Cannabis ruined me. there haven't been many studies but only the most assholish of weed smokers will deny that short term memory loss even after stopping is by far the most prominent negative side effect of THC.

I'm assuming people here are smart enough to make decisions about whether they want to live or not. My uncle drank himself to death over years. It's a decision based on mental health or having a shit life.

People here should be more concerned about brain health though. Cannabis is the worst drug for causing brain deterioration, alcohol's probably second worst besides getting hit over the head.

You smoked marihuana when freshman.
Don't blame weed. You are just a brainlet.

yeah because everyone conveniently starts smoking when they're 25. I didn't smoke till I was 21 which is a decade later than a lot of weed smokers. What age were you?

Also yes weed fucks with brain development but I'm talking about mild brain damage

Famous case where college prof died months after a couple of drops fell on the back of her latex-gloved hand.

If it's so dangerous, why is it sold in groceries as laundry rust stain remover?

I use this stuff to make pickles.

>there haven't been many studies
Okay, so which studies have there been?

azidoazide azide
>unstable as shit
>anything will make it explode
>not doing anything to it will also make it randomly explode
>developed by nazis to use in bombs, but they stopped research cause they were scared shitless of it just randomly exploding

>The one girl on the far left.

Wife material.

>No (liquid) Fluorine
This stuff is fucking scary
There is no known element that won't burn in it, same goes for pretty much any compound
It also forms one of the worst non-super acids, infamous for literally eating flesh and causing terrifying acid burns

>Barry Kidston
>Kidston's Parkinsonism was treated with levodopa but he died 18 months later from a cocaine overdose.
Seriously?

druggies gonna drug

Smartphones.

>aggies
they don't even know how to build a proper bonfire

>Not a single mention of super resistant bacteria held in labs yet

>in labs

Try unintentionally being created in hospitals and industrial farms constantly. We're constantly hovering on the edge of another pandemic on the scale of the Spanish Flu.

>be brainlet
>do good in intro classes
>smoke weed 10 times in freshman year
>get to harder classes
>can't understand harder classes and can't accept brainlet status
>"fucking weed ruined my brain REEEEEEEEEE"

You're a degenerate of society that we're better off without if you have trouble keeping up with modern trends.

This remind me monkeys with mirrors

ya'll forgot

Nobody's gonna die from that anymore.
Everyone knows that it's radioactive, avoids it, only people to go there are dumbass tourists who wanna see the abandoned radiation town and they don't get close enough for it to do anything.

> Drinks and drives.
> Blames the alcohol.
The alcohol didn't kill. Colliding with a light pole at 70 mph was the cause of death.

This is why cannabis is an insidious drug. The first thing it does is attack your logic centers so shit like this makes sense.

When I smoke I can't even get to the car let alone drive anywhere.
When I drink I will have no idea where I am or what I'm doing

I used that in a lab at my uni, I was fucking scared the first time we got it

>levodopa and cocaine
Holy fucking shit that would be one hell of a ride
>dopamine producing drug with a dopamine reuptake inhibitor

Poor guy probably felt normal on that combo

what the fuck

Daily reminder the amount of people in recorded history who have survived rabies from the onset of symptoms can be counted on a hand

Is plutonium used for many things, including many bad things?

>no chlorine trifluoride in thread

kys

Daily reminder absolutely nobody dies of it anymore

nerve toxins a shit
check this beauty out
>chlorine gas "Blue Cross/Blaues Kreuz"
>upon contact with moisture inside the throat or the lungs it reacted with it and produced hydrochloric acid, causing immense pain and tissue damage
>first weaponized gas used intended to cause fatalities rather than being merely a deterrent, with the previously popular xylyl bromide being little more lethal than tear gas
>fucked shit up so much it started accidentally fucking shit up the side who deployed it, rendering the previous held-canister wind-carry delivery method obsolete as artillery delivery was much safer
not as sneaky or debilitating as yellow cross or green cross but it has it's place

Is this the one where a team trying to get an infrared spectrum kept failing because it would detonate upon the force of the laser hitting it?

Interested anons should look up cubic gauche nitrogen. It's an all-nitrogen network solid with the highest chemical energy density known or theorized. Even better, it's metastable and mechanically stable, so it would presumably make an outstanding explosive lens material.

pretty sure yes.

surprised no one's said these yet, mesothelioma anyone?

It has been shown that white blood cells can degrade them. We don't have long term exposure data on them like we do with asbestos

>glass glassware
wat

>probably
tell us what you know about probability, user

Barry Kidston would go on to overdose on cocaine... what a life

>azidoazide azide
I cant find anything about it on wikipedia, but just form looking at it i can tell its explosive as hell

underrated

>t. blonde

>cubic gauche nitrogen
GPa at 2000 K
My spider-sense warns me of containment problems.

>what is metastability for 200

The Cobra Event will happen soon man, just you wait

DUDE

WEED

lmao