New vid up lads

youtube.com/watch?v=LMbI6sk-62E

Other urls found in this thread:

orionsarm.com/fm_store/OrbitalRings-I.pdf
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Stop posting video and start publishing papers

I'd rather build the shit in the video instead

this is why you'll never be successful.
set goals you can achieve then work your way up.
i highly doubt you're a highly motivated billionaire posting on Veeky Forums

Well you won't be able to if you don't rigorously show that it can work.

>Orbital rings
>"Science" & Futurism
>YouTube
Like some of the more obnoxious memes condensed into one, hot, stinking, shit.

all of it can be made with modern tech

>muh papers
>paying someone money to "publish" your work when you can just put it on youtube for free
hello shekelstein!

how 'bout fixing your speech impediment before talking you useless degenerate.

Can't stand this guys voice. Closed.

Sounds like fucking bbillyk and his katana cutting videos

you don't have to pay to publish for pretty much any journal that matters.

No method is proposed to actually build these things. How the fuck do you build a ring around the earth that is not in orbit? More work needs to be done on the stability of discrete skyhook systems, IE ones we could actually build

>fixing a neurological condition
if he can pull that one off, give him a medal and money for the grand boost to medical science that would grant

>not watching the first few minutes
The core ring is at orbital speed, the shit that isn't is being magnetically stabilized around said electromagnetic ring

>screencapping a obvious shitpost to spam in every thread that isn't a "brainlets BTFO" thread
>shitposting about the chosen titles instead of the merit of the information within
remove yourself from life, you fucking clown shoe

>you can have only one single goal
>you can only have a single goal that you yourself can do alone
>you need to be a billionare to make steps towards any goal in any way
simbly ebin frind
Do I plan to personally build the orbital ring with my own two hands and money? no
Do I hope that I could put it, and things similar to it in the minds of businesses that already want to build big shit in space? Yes

The ring has to be going FASTER than orbital for everything to stay up. So again, how do you get it into that configuration in the first place? Might I also remind you that rings around planets are unstable

you know what would really help with that? Showing rigorously that it can work. Science does not advance through advertising.

the video literally answers all of that though
the ring does not need to be going faster in the beginning, as there is little weight on it
once the weight starts piling on, you can accelerate the ring as needed to maintain balance

science may not advance through advertising, but funding sure as shit does, The proof that it can work is by it being solely a combination of technologies that we already confirmed can work
Magnetic suspension is the core technology of this megastructure, if not the sole vital technology for this, and we use it daily in bullet trains, I doubt it will magically not be able to be scaled up in any way
Active support structures are the iffy part, as we have never built one, but all the math and research on them says that they're perfectly functional and viable to be made, so if research is needed for building this, it will nearly entirely be on those

thus, instead of proving it right away, should make the idea known, and use the interest and funding to prove it
You want to put the cart before the horse, that has never worked

Rings around planets are NOT STABLE. Even if there is no weight no them. The ring is too big to be treated as a point mass. If the ring moves off center, the side closer to earth will experience greater gravitational forces, while the side further away experiences less, leading to the ring crashing into earth.
>>but funding sure as shit does
No, not really user. You ever written a grant user?

>> but all the math and research on them says that they're perfectly functional and viable to be made
Here's the deal, the math doesn't say this. Here is one of the three papers on orbital rings:
orionsarm.com/fm_store/OrbitalRings-I.pdf

On page 494:"a great deal needs to be done in working out the exact behaviour of a particular systems in defining the limits of stability[of a discrete skyhook system]"

More work needs to be done before we can even consider building these things. At best it's an interesting concept not a practical solution that we could start building tomorrow.

Second, even if such things are feasible, they may not be practical, if we need HUGE stabilization forces to cancel out transients and the only way to do this is with say rocket propulsion then our orbital ring structure is not practical over just plain rockets.

>If the ring moves off centre, the side closer to earth will experience greater gravitational forces, while the side further away experiences less, leading to the ring crashing into earth.
Wouldn't those forces be pretty damn small? The Earth's gravitational well is fairly shallow, so I don't see tidal forces as a significant concern.

>It makes me look bad, therefore it's a shit post.
Having gotten into several arguments with these retards I can believe that there are plenty of people itt and others, that would 100% get behind the sentiment expressed in that post.

it's space, even if those forces are small, they can build up. What it takes to stabilize the ring during construction is a pretty goddamn important question that's going to dictate whether we can build one within 20 years or 100 years.