Metaxy (Greek: μεταξύ) is defined in Plato's Symposium via the character of the priestess Diotima as the...

Metaxy (Greek: μεταξύ) is defined in Plato's Symposium via the character of the priestess Diotima as the "in-between" or "middle ground". Diotima, tutoring Socrates, uses the term to show how oral tradition can be perceived by different people in different ways. In the poem by Socrates she depicts Eros as not an extreme or purity; rather, as a daemon, Eros is in between the divine Gods and mankind. Diotima thus exposes the flaws of oral tradition; it uses strong contrasts to express truth, thus revealing vulnerability to sophistry

Other urls found in this thread:

archive.org/details/ClassicalMythologyvolume11
archive.org/details/ClassicalMythologyvolume10
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Cool. Where are you going with this?

Man moves through the world of Becoming, the ever changing world of sensory perception, into the world of Being—the world of forms, absolutes and transcendence. Man transcends his place in Becoming by Eros, where man reaches the Highest Good, an intuitive and mystical state of consciousness

Much like Diotima did in expressing that Eros as a daemon was in between the Gods and mankind. Love (Eros) is the thing in between

Plato makes Poros, or "creative ingenuity", the child of Metis

According to Pausanias, the deity most worshipped at Thespiae was Eros

Thespis and Thespiae, however, are derived from the noun θέσπις (théspis, "divinely inspired")

Thespian meaning "actor" comes from the legendary first actor named Thespis

Parmenides (c. 400 BC), one of the pre-socratic philosophers, makes Eros the first of all the gods to come into existence

Eros was depicted as an adult male who embodies sexual power, and a profound artist

The Orphic and Eleusinian Mysteries featured Eros as a very original god

The fourth day of every month was sacred to him

The gifts of Eros affect the emotional and thought processes of humanity, especially those of a seeker who has to learn how to open up and integrate these gifts in his psyche

>89

From the lowest and most physical levels of consciousness to the most spiritual ones, Eros remains forever present, gradually transforming the inner fire into pure light

>like we're made of starlight

Eleutherios ("the liberator"), an epithet for both Dionysus and Eros

The heart, which was saved, variously, by Athena, Rhea, by Demeter

Socrates claims that the initiations of the Dionysian Mysteries are similar to those of the philosophic path

Hermes of Praxiteles | Hermes of Olympia

...traditionally attributed to Praxiteles...

The city contained many works of art, among them the Eros of Praxiteles, one of the most famous statues in the ancient world; it drew crowds of people to Thespiae

Professor Elizabeth Vandiver

Hermes & Dionysos

Lecture 10

archive.org/details/ClassicalMythologyvolume11

friendliest to human

...language of the birds to communicate with the initiated...

Athena is given the curious epithet Tritogeneia

...possible meaning may be triple-born or third-born

Athena may well have been a bird goddess

Hermathena or Hermathene

representing the Greek gods Hermes and Athena

Hermes is identified with the Roman god Mercury

It was natural to see these two deities unified or fused as one form: the Greek god Hermes presided over eloquence, the goddess Athena over crafts and the sciences

Hermes and Athena share or 'double' each other's functions, and some of their powers are alternate and related versions of the same quality. For example, each god embodies the kind of clever intelligence or metis

We of the craft are all crazy

i wanna 47 sunbeam...

Apollo

Lecture 9

archive.org/details/ClassicalMythologyvolume10

An analogy of holonomic brain theory is the way sunlight illuminates objects in the visual field of an observer. It matters not how narrow the beam of sunlight is, it always contains all the information of the object.

youtu.be/gZxboKzEs4M

>oral tradition can be perceived by different people in different ways
terror is the normal state of any oral society, for in it everything affects everything all the time

The conceptualization involved in cyberpunk is more of forging ahead, looking at the new global culture

Metacognition is defined as "cognition about cognition", or "knowing about knowing". It comes from the root word "meta", meaning beyond

We know who we are

youtu.be/iYF7tcvNPLg

"I must not fear.
Fear is the mind-killer.
Fear is the little-death that brings total obliteration.
I will face my fear.
I will permit it to pass over me and through me.
And when it has gone past I will turn the inner eye to see its path.
Where the fear has gone there will be nothing. Only I will remain."

you don't mention the sirens were part bird nearly enough, twigs

Wonderland

archive.4plebs.org/tv/thread/71598652

"Homesteading the Noosphere” explicitly stated by the writer to be a reference to the concept called ...Noosphere

youtu.be/D80Cj_uTn8U

Neuroholographic Organisms: An Independent Study of Sentient Thought Forms

youtu.be/Hlr92fQ-udo

The realm of the forms is a deep to keep floating ones head above, melting static below into a fluid identity of subconscious flow

Transformational grammar

What is the meaning of the EU, prefix?

Interesting that, Daimon .. is in there?

Green Light A Silverscreen?

archive.4plebs.org/x/thread/13456709

How you feel about the the future depends entirely on the context and coherence of the narratives that you subscribe to and make sense of the world and the extent to which future developments deliver the kind of world you expect to be living in. My advice would be to create your own transformative story and live it, embody it, as much as possible

youtu.be/NcD98-oIsU4

youtu.be/WIX5h1vA2vE

Romanticism emphasized the individual, the subjective, the irrational, the imaginative, the personal, the spontaneous, the emotional, the visionary, and the transcendental

...anything is possible,
make dreams come true...

Various great Enlightenment figures could be seen as lateral mediarists in that they wrote and copied ideas amongst the great thinkers of that era, a bit like the Internet

The self-expansion model is based on two key principles. The first is that humans have a primary motivation to self expand. The second principle is that individuals often achieve self-expansion through close relationships which allow the inclusion of the other in the self.

In a synchronicity, two heterogeneous World systems, the causal and acausal, interlock and interpenetrate each other for a moment in time

youtu.be/YccI-t1yojk

willingness to change

constant changes of mind

Positive emotions, such as love and appreciation, in generating coherence both in the heart field and in social fields

I take only what I need from it, in a management style of virtuosity. It's like standing on the interstate and hearing you from a mile away, if your song is a little dark, I can sample and remix to lighten the mood

Thesp...

Cyberpunk stories have also been seen as fictional forecasts of the evolution of the Internet

...create something greater than themselves. Their “art-event” deepens the artist’s and their audiences’ realization of how they can engage with each other so as to creatively dream up a trance-forming and transforming experience for everyone involved. The artist and their audience co-operatively create a new universe in the process...

what an utterly inane thread