Do you consider yourself a brainlet? What are things you study, do and read to educate yourself?

Do you consider yourself a brainlet? What are things you study, do and read to educate yourself?

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Impostor_syndrome
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

I am a brainlet, but it seems I'm really good at hiding it. I had perfect grades in school and in college despite never trying, and secured a great job with the FBI three months after I graduated. But everyone at work seems far more intelligent than I am and I don't feel like I belong. I've been here 3.5 years now and I feel like a retarded brainlet, but my career is progressing well regardless. I fear it's only a matter of time until people realize I'm faking it though.

Even on Veeky Forums I feel retarded. I watch people get into arguments here and despite the stereotype of us all being angry shitflingers, people are often way more articulate than I and they voice their stance with so much more elegance than I could ever muster. I don't know how I've managed to fool the system for so long.

As for what I study, I'm learning Russian and Arabic in my free time and I'm considering doing a master's in counter-terrorism. Not because I think it will be a particularly informative degree, but because it will look good on paper and looking good on paper seems to be my specialty.

Damn, this kinda sounds like me and I hate the feeling so much.

I'm an actual genius and I feel like a brainlet.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Impostor_syndrome

Dunno man, I did pretty badly in school, you know. But, like, I still think I'm super smart and shit. Just believe what ever makes you happy, brah.

Shiiiet nigga, I's one of the smartest, most Einsteiniest mufuckas on this board, y'dig? I study hyperelectronics, aka Samsung Galaxy 5, y'dig? I study Egyptian histories so I can learn to be like my ancestors, y'dig? I also study, um, I forget the third thing, but shiiiet nigga who got time for this shit. I ain't even know why I'm here.

>Do you consider yourself a brainlet?
not really, I've always gotten top grades, study engineering at a top uni, and I self taught programming and calculus when I was 13 and 15 respectively
>What are things you study, do and read to educate yourself?
books

Weschler-tested IQ of 150.

What the FUCK do you think?

100 is the average IQ
only 1% has one over 132
pretty good at learning stuff I'd say

I'm a brainlet honestly. I've never taken a science course past high school chemistry and I've never gotten passed pre calc.

Right now I'm taking a class on geometric proofs. It's a pre req for pre calc at my school. It's pretty interesting. If everything goes well I'll be eligible to sign up for calc 1 by january.

I guess your IQ isn't high enough to realize your own shortcomings.

interest in SR and quantam mechanics but im too much of a brainlet to keep up with the math so i study philosophy

If you can't keep up with the math of SR and QM then you probably are lying to yourself about understanding philosophy.

If I was brutally honest with myself, and ignoring the fact that Im lazy as fuck, Id say Im a high 120s or low 130 IQ guy. I see the flaws in everything, the logic of it all etc. I see most people as dumb as fuck. I see the meta-stuff behind everything and can analyse it easily. But I am never going to do hardcore smart STEM shit.

My laziness up until now gives me hope though.

If you care at all about intellectual pursuits you shouldn't ever compare yourself to the average person. People are dumb as fuck but you're also dumb as fuck in comparison to other people.

lel, you're a dumb brainlet sorry to tell you. I self taught C when i was 5 from teletubbies.

If you care about caring about stuff you shouldn't even consider yourself a conscious being. You're not even human but in comparison to humans you are pretty retarded.

Proved my point L A D

I observed long enough and studied long enough to know that people are behaving like animals.
No getting around it,its just in their nature like an instinct to put down other people even if it means they go out of their way to do it.
My advice is look for people that are not like that,they are very rare.
Collaboration is key,information should be available for free to anyone.

Self proclaimed geniuses are usually are just animals like the rest of the bunch,if you are that intelligent that you need to step on everyone else toes you are a brainlet.

>took a RPM test
>got 55/60 correct
>In the 95th percentile
This can't be right

please explain in detail how the mathematics of quantam superpositioning and morality are the same topic

I wouldn't go as far as to say I'm stupid but I really don't think I'm the brightest either. It's hard to judge just from introspection, and people are too polite to give me a truthful heads up, but at the end of the day I'm doing a no qualification shit job, struggle with uni (and that's a BA degree), have always struggled with school before... And everything seems to work out better for my peers. And it's not just laziness. I could keep telling myself I could do anything and learn everything if only I had the proper motivation but at some point I guess I have to suck it up and admit - I'm not very smart, smart people live different lives from the one I do...

To add onto that, I have no idea why I keep frequenting this board. I think I get a weird pleasure from watching smart people do smart stuff and the feeling of being mentally outclassed

>I think I get a weird pleasure from watching smart people do smart stuff
Not here you dont.
What the fuck man

Brainlets l got my PhD in pure math 300k startting jobs everywhere from coolmatgames.com wheb i was 3

I just flunked a semester, so yeah, I'm a brainlet

I have always gotten good grades without effort. Got a very good result on my country's equivalence of the SAT. Now in med school.

I still think I'm a brainlet somehow...

If you don't have the capacity to understand higher level mathematics, then you don't have the capacity to understand higher level philosophy. Mathematical aptitude has a big correlation with philosophical aptitude because they are governed by many of the same principles.

t. Yale philosophy + mathematics

I wouldn't consider myself a brainlet. I'm just naive, inexperienced, and lazy. And I'm not saying "smart but lazy." I just think I'm capable, but I always stop caring and giving up. I have no motivation, and I'm possibly afraid of not being smart enough if I gave it 100% effort, so I choose aloof ignorance instead.

But I like intellectual pursuits. I'm reading and want to start on philosophy/history mostly. Learn math and probably learn multiple languages in programming and spoken - probably Spanish and Russian. Those are my goals right now. It's important to not lock yourself into only learning about STEM

>Daily reminder that if you have a iq below 150 you are a brainlet

This is the true. I used to think that I was smart until I began to play chess, then I realized I'm brainlet.

no iim type 50 wpm not brainlet

As a literal genius I hate chess. I played when I was younger and won a few local competitions, but when I was in China I hung out with someone very into chess and considered getting back into it - then I realized all of the work necessary to be a good chess player that could be spent on other things.

This idea of chess as "the genius game" is such a meme.

why does the AI researcher have a Phd in mathematics? I know a lot of researchers in AI come from math but that's like saying Hi I'm a computer scientist and got a Phd in in physics.

Been studying for two years now and am only barely proficient through high school level Algebra and Trigonometry. I started with roughly a 4th grade level of knowledge though, so I guess that's progress. It still pains me to see "high school" labeled as the level of difficulty on my learning materials when I'm 27. In another year, I might finally make it to adult level material and no longer feel like such an ignorant moron.

>tfw your actual accomplishments are utterly unbelieveable
>tfw butthurt brainlets can't come to terms with them

In the world I'm a mega brainlet who has barely produced anything and leeched off of the food others produce

In my head I'm a genius with all the things I've dreamed up

Well, we have been outplayed by computers, so the game has lost some of his charm.

> I realized all of the work necessary to be a good chess player that could be spent on other things.

You can take it just as a hobby

>"the genius game"

Certainly you need some mental skills to be good at chess, but I agree with you, chess training won't make you smarter, it will make you better at chess, nothing more.

It doesn't matter. People will think you're stupid if you don't study science.

That's it.

Science is like a pass to other people that says "i'm smar af, boi"

And because of that, people will believe anything a science dude says, because they're ( smarter ) .

That imagine is a good representation of a von Neumann chain.

Saved.

Me, I actually am a HUGE brainlet. I'm even dumber than the normies I laugh at.
I come here once every week and see anons saying so much intelligent things that my brain can't even keep up with their tech jargon filled posts.The worst part is when I realise that some highly intelligent post was made by a fat fucking NEET neckbeard,and it pisses me off to even imagine that lower life form being smarter than me.
I have a job as a software engineer,but I don't understand 99% of what the fuck anons talk on here. Every time I come here, I feel nothing but shame and its a blow to my self esteem. Every time.
Thing is, I'm not at all bad at academics(Straight As, 9.8 GPA,scholarship from my country's prime minister and got in my country's top med school without trying) but still seeing so many smart people here is a reminder of where I stand irl.
I fucking hate this.