Are infinite numbers (π, ∞, 2/9, etc) proof that this Universe is not a simulation?

Are infinite numbers (π, ∞, 2/9, etc) proof that this Universe is not a simulation?
How would an otherwise finite Universe (our simulation) be made of infinite numbers?

They are conceptual, there is no irrational number in the wild so no. A computer program can easily simulate a circle even if pi is irrational.

But every computer only works within a certain amount of digits. For example, if you are using a 64 bit computer right now, the computer can work with, at best, 2^64 digits of π.

9 > 1
Therefore OP is right.

Well I guess you'd have to look at what happens at such very small scales in real life, and I never took a course in QM but I'm pretty sure it's not as cut and dry as you're assuming it to be. I doubt real life has infinite precision either.

>made of infinite numbers

So you are going to use the definition of simulation you derived in the simulated universe to define the limits of the simulator that made the simulation from which you got the definition of simulation ....

...Hmmmm.....

infinite numbers dont really exist, they are just concepts.

Read up on your Wildberger my brother, the revolution is coming.

yes

The universe at large is by definition not a simulation.

In a simulation the truth wouldn't be entirely made up but distorted some how. (Like saying for example that e is actually 1/e, both numbers are infinite aren't they?).

This is actually true of all numbers.

Yeah maybe if you only had 64bits of memory.

Computers can work with much more than 2^64 digits of pi

it's all just matter bro, numbers don't exist

They're only infinite in that base, bar infinity.

>2/9
in base 9 that is exactly 0.2

>the universe is made of infinite numbers

Chess is a concept within the universe. Does that mean the universe is made out of chess?

Imma fuck yah mind:

Take any base n. In that base, x/(n-1) = 0.xxxxxxx....

Egdample:

1/9 = 0.11111....
2/9 = 0.22222....
3/9 = 0.33333...
and:
9/9 = 0.99999...

You can also get those repeating 9s from long division, if you do it a certain way you will see infinite 9s pop out.

in base 9, "9" isn't a digit

lmao math isn't actually real you know?

>infinite numbers
Lrn2irrational number, fgt pls

> the universe is made of numbers

INTO THE TRASH

btfod

>no irrationals in the wild
>try to find the distance of the diagonal of a unit square

3 < π < 4
therefore π is finite

1/9 =/= .999...

Okay, so your assumption in a form that is actually legible and not some incomprehensible bullshit written by a deep 14-year-old:
>all simulations run on computers with finite memory
>our universe contains information that supposedly takes an infinite amount of memory to store
From this you conclude
>our universe can't be a simulation
While the deduction is sound, your assumptions are plain wrong and makes this whole thing fall apart.

First, what says that an extrauniversal computer can't have unlimited memory? Definition of computer, perhaps, but that's a very lazy retort and also obviously not the point.
Secondly, you haven't provided a single example of something that takes infinite memory to store. Nor do I expect there to be one. π, ∞, and especially the modest 2/9 all have rigid definitions that take at best a few dozen bytes of memory to store.

Now, of course a format like a double-precision floating point number can't adequately capture any of those numbers perfectly due to either rounding errors or integer overflow. But it doesn't have to.
You see, almost all simulations run into non-integers sooner or later and none of them self-destruct in the event.
What simulations do instead is approximate with adequate precision.
And again, there's no proof that our universe isn't a simulation with some pretty precise approximations. In fact, I think our boys over at quantum are getting a pretty good idea of where the resolution of the universe goes.

To conclude, your argument is absolute trash, you know absolutely nothing about philosophy, math, or computer science, and I regret taking the time to respond to you.

>pi has a definition
>has an indefinite number of digits

Imagine actually believing this.