What is the hardest STEM major?

Whats the hardest STEM major in your opinion sci?

Lets disregard med and go STEM as we all know that would take the cake otherwise. Of course fields within specific majors could be counted too

INB4
>The one Im in
and
>Board rules
Already in university, not looking advice

OP is going to go with anything in Mathematics

Chemistry

>undergrad
>hard

EE, especially RF

I wouldnt say any major is the hardest. It depends on the persons skills and preference. Maybe this post is too sensible for a thread like this

This

>It depends on the persons skills and preference.
It makes sense.
I'm confident I could understand any math topic as I slowly build my way there. On the other hand if I had to use a gay, poorly written engineering textbook, without the proper requirements, I would have difficulty.

Philosophy > math/computer science > physics > other stem

here's my pick:
engineering - course load is slightly heavier than a pure science degree. you have to worry about projects and reports, which takes up a lot of hours. material difficulty is bulky rather than difficult imo. on top of all that, you have to deal with team management. i went to a college where team projects were mandatory every year - and let me tell you that dealing with people in engineering projects is the most frustrating and exhausting part. running after people, dealing with drama, convincing your teammates their parts are shit tier without hurting their feelings etc. i'd rather just sit through theory classes, but that's not what engineering's all about.

How does it compare to photonics, optoelectronics, etc..? Or electromagnetics?

Medicine
>imb4 not STEM

It really does depend on your way of thinking.

Physics can be really tough if you aren't good at doing the problems "setup", where you learn how to break down problems in the appropriate way to solve them. It can be very counter-intuitive at times.

Maths proofs are hard as fuck, especially discrete maths. I prefer applied maths as a brainlet because i can learn it, plug it and chug it. Some people find it easy, others don't. High level mathematical statistics is hard as fuck too.

Theoretical CS at the higher levels can be tough, Algorithmic stuff and compiler courses in particular.

undergrad: physics
grad: math

Materials science

There is a Physicist called Alexander Wissner-Gross which Triple majored in Physics, Electrical engineering and Mathematics at MIT then got a Ph.D in physics from Harvard

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Alexander_Wissner-Gross

nuclear engineering

I ended up double majoring in mathematics and philosophy after a while of trying to figure out what exactly I wanted to do. The problem with trying to classify a major as "hardest" kind of comes down to how demanding the major is in relation to your personal qualities. Something like mathematics or physics is certainly more demanding intellectually and many people don't have the capacity to understand them easily, but alternatively something like medicine doesn't require great intelligence but does require hard work and dedication to the highest degree.

I personally hated EECS because it is so god damn mind-numbing.

It mostly depends on class selection.

>en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Alexander_Wissner-Gross

He is a failure tho.

BSc Economics

Weird how one STEM subject--dentistry--is never mentioned EVER on this board.

EVER.

1. Medicine is not STEM
2. Dentistry is too sensible a career choice for Veeky Forums

It's not STEM because it's full of chads and roasties?

The term STEM was made to encourage people to go into engineering and engineering related fields, and there are already enough people wanting to become doctors.

Mostly chads and roasties

>Philosophy > math/computer science > physics

I'd put physics ahead of computer science but I agree Philosophy is important.

Does anyone have that image where it's split down the middle and it's like "Scientists Then" with Heisenberg and Einstein discussing the study of Philosophy and then "meme Scientists Now" pretentiously ripping into it?

Pure Mathematics

>math and philosophy

So what do you do now?

My dick.