College is pointless

Why do people even go to college? If you want to learn go to a library and if you want money invest in the stocks. So in other words, college is for spoiled brats too dumb to read and earn money for themselves. If you have gone to college you are stupid not smart.

Other urls found in this thread:

econ.lse.ac.uk/staff/spischke/ec533/Acemoglu Autor chapter 2.pdf
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Because all my resumes will go straight into the trash unless I have a fancy piece of paper

> You got that from Good Will Hunting, bar scene right? I saw that too. You have any thoughts of your own on this matter?

Why do you need a resume if make money off stock? If you were smart, you wouldn't even need a resume.

You cant reliably make money on stock my friend. we've known this for 40 years. why do people go to college? to learn not to buy books telling them how to buy stocks and waste what little money they have

>Why do people even go to college?

Employers dangle higher pay for more institutional training they don't want to do themselves. Meanwhile the government enables this by allowing companies to constantly move goal posts in requirements. Banks then take advantage by lending out money that at least 50% of all holders can't pay back and buying/ selling that debt to others.

On top of this the cost of living keeps going up forcing everything including the resources for education to become more expensive and raise the loans you need to go to school.

>But why don't people stand up and protest, it's clearly some shady form of a ponzi scheme!

You try and coordinate upwards to 4 billion people (there are clearly more but the rest economically don't matter) to protest the need for college.

Bump for truth.

There's a reason employers want college education, it lets them pick you out from the mass of brainlets.

econ.lse.ac.uk/staff/spischke/ec533/Acemoglu Autor chapter 2.pdf

>why do people want their doctors to have a useless piece of paper?
>why did [insert name here] publish his papers in journals, read the papers, and then collaborate with others in the scientific community?
shit thread saged for the 50th time
>>>>>>>>>>

You need money to buy stocks. Where are you going to get that money? If your answer is your parents or a loan you might aswell kill yourself now.

Getting a bachelor takes 4 years.
4 years ago was in 2013.
In 2013 Bitcoin was worth 200 dollars, today it's worth 1.5 times that.
Let's say a college loan usually costs around 200k.
If 4 years ago instead of spending 200k on education you invested in Bitcoin, you would have, right now, 3 000 000 (3 million).
Even if in 4 years you get a PhD in Math and earn 300k starting, it would take you 10 years of work to get all of that money.
With 3 million on my pocket, I could spend 1 million to live on 100k a year for 10 years WITHOUT WORKING and the other 2 million I'd invest to have even more money to spend once the first 1 million runs out.
Seriously dude, working is for dumb slaves. And you are a dumb slave for not realizing this.

*15 times that
Fix.

Speculation does not help economy grow, and usually ends in crisis.

Yes it does retard. When I buy a share of a company I'm giving that company money to invest into growing which in turn makes the share I bought be more valuable. Bankers and investors help the economy grow way more than any low life plebeian (like you) who works like the slave you are thinking you somehow are the true gears of the economy, and all those bankers are rich for no good reason.

>his life revolves around accruing ((($)))
Sad!

No it revolves around enjoying it which requires money. I can do anything I want because I'm rich while you have to consider the cost of everything. I can afford to be anywhere I want, eat anything I want, wear anything I want, experience almost anything. The only things I cannot buy are entire nations, continents, mega companies and that kind of thing. Seriously though the only point of going to college is if you actually want to work in a field that really requires college education, such as being a medic. Even then, only idiots with slave mentality would want that. The truth is raw and simple. College is for dumb idiots who cannot make money and cannot learn for themselves.

>why don't all these poor people live off their trust fund investment portfolios?

not even sure where to start, too many viable targets to decide.

>I can do anything I want because I'm rich while you have to consider the cost of everything.
The main things I want to do, I get paid to do, so I don't have to consider the cost.
The other things I want to do, I can easily afford, so I still don't have to consider the cost.

I guess if your happiness depends on degeneracy like owning a McLaren and snorting cocaine while banging whores in yachts then by all means let your life revolve around accruing ((($$$$$$$)))) and try to convince yourself you're happier than others because of it

>College is for dumb idiots who cannot make money and cannot learn for themselves.

make sure you tell that to your doctor next time you have a health problem.

qualifications mean something, unfortunately. Social clout can be had just by tacking a 'phd' on the end of your name, or a 'Dr' on the front.

What if I want to do engineering? Cant't get tgat $1 million machine at home.
You can't learn math ir physics effectively alone in the library. The lecturers and TAs are paid to correct your mistakes. You can tak 10 years to learn something but it would take 4 years with the help of other experts. Avoiding making the same mistakes other have made is a valid reason.
Stock is good if you want to make a below average income. Anything more than that is highly risky.
Another thing that college offers: relationship in the industry.

if what you are saying is true, then why do ludicrously rich people still send their kids to college?

you don't go to college to make money, you go to college to not be a fuckin' pleb. secondary education is the mark of the upper class.

Keked so hard

OP sounds like an edgy 16 yo.The simple fact is that companies still value conventional degrees.But if you're smart enough to live off of day trading then good for you.

Holy shit just look at this poorfag
>hurr durr money can't buy you happiness
>hurr durr so what you live in style being a slave gives me MUH DIGNUTIES

>any net worth less than $1b is a poorfag

If the low life plebians stopped working then your money would be worth absolutely nothing. You had better respect that. If you want to see what happens when they get the short end of the stick, just look at the soviet union in the thirties.

Damn, so all your saying is I had to guess that bitcoin would become as huge as it did? How stupid of me!

I literally need a piece of paper so I do some gardening.

I dunno I genuinely enjoyed my college experience. There are other options than getting a 4-year degree: apprenticeship, trade school, and more. The issue is that people perpetuate the misconception that a 4-year degree is necessary to survive nowadays, which is retarded.

It's an easy way to filter out applicants to a job.

>his life revolves around "experiencing things"

Nice trips

I hadn't considered that the buying and selling of student loan debt by the banks etc was probably the single biggest positive for them

Whatever you say /pol/. Get married. Have kids. Devote 1/3 of your entire time to being a good slave. And make sure your kids grow up to be just like you. That is the "moral thing". Then you die and are put in a coffin, and forgotten for ever. Meanwhile, 50 years from now, I'll be colonizing Mars as one of the first immortal humans. Because I can afford it. And you cannot.

ITT: buttmad poorfags.

>like owning a McLaren and snorting cocaine while banging whores in yachts
idk this sounds pretty sweet desu senpai
the good news is cocaine is cheap and if you're well enough off you can still buy a small yacht and fuck your wife on it

finance whores are K I K E D

Yeah no
No one is going to take a 200k loan and invest it in something they have no idea is going to be worth something in the future. If you did then congratz nigga u rich now, but don't act like investing a fuckton of money you don't have is a great idea.
Also how are you even going to get such a big loan, you're jobless so the bank doesn't expect you to be able to pay them back.

Let me tell you, I am a big brainlet, but I enjoy learning and I thought college would be about that. Now I have the unfortunate experience of having done several studies, and it might be due to the studies that I have choosen, those fit for brainlets, but I can say now that college for brainlets is hardly about learning.
Numerous times I had to learn outdated science, or got bored because we didn't learn much. College even isn't that hard, amongst the brainlets I am relatively smart, and I knew a bunch of people who shouldn't really pass but they do.
In essence, college really is a rite of passage. You'll learn some useful stuff around the way, but it really is more about your willingness to go through it.
And the most useful thing of college might actually be networking. You might be better of doing social things and having relatively bad but good enough grades, so you have the connections to get somewhere.

Unfortunately, I am not only a brainlet, I am also asocial. If you happen to be autistic you better prepare yourself for the future and hope that you have skills that regular people don't have so they accept your deficiencies.

I would say that college is necessary for the average person who does not have the intristic movitation to learn. Not even I am willing or capable to learn everything. I wouldn't be suprised that there are people here who do have that intristic motivation. But college is more like a social phenomenon.

Of course there are some cooperations who don't care much about a degree, and some people who made it without a degree, but that is rare.

The future is painful.

>college isn't free in america
AYY LMAO

even my fucking spic shithole college is super cheap.

lol

>if you want money invest in the stocks.
Lucky bastards, you have a excellent stock market which is almost inaccessible for others.

>Assuming libraries can give you invaluable lab experience or insider information of the current landscape of the field

>stealth bmoc comfy shitposting thread
Perf nigga perf

Okay, now that's out of my system. I have a college-related question. /adv/ will have 0 fucking idea what I'm talking about because /adv/ is a sfw /b/ that focuses on relationships. It's like that old board on Totse called love and relationships. It's about as useful as a cock-flavored lollipop.

I want to major in CS. Should I go to A)local state university that requires co-ops B)local state university that doesn't require co-ops C)fully online program. All three are ABET-accredited, and regionally accredited. If it matters, they're Cincinnati, Miami (Ohio), and Regis (Colorado).

Regis would be the shortest path. UC would require another four years and this would be a second bout of undergrad as I already have a degree and a career but I hate teaching and I hate students.

Thanks

I don't have a specialized laboratory on my room

albert Einstein has gone to a university is he a dumbass?

>/pol/
Nice joke. You're the /pol/tard.

>implying I do my job because it's "moral" and not because I enjoy doing it
Maybe you should ask me what I spend 1/3rd of my entire time doing. Then you'd understand that even if I had billions of dollars, I'd still be doing the same exact things I do now.

>forgotten forever
Hopefully not. With some luck, I can get my name on at least one major formula, which children 300 years from now will be forced to learn. I'll have to earn it though.

As for you, well, give away enough money and you can get your name on a couple buildings which will eventually go down dilapidated.

>I'll be colonizing Mars as one of the first immortal humans.
Thanks to the research of a certain class of people who don't bow to ((($))). And you'll bring that immortality to me, of your own accord, once you realize you actually need me to figure shit out for you.

As has been said above, stocks are not a reliable single source of income. If you are lucky enough to be born rich then you could easily live off indexed cd investments (as buffett has shown time and time again beating out handfuls of financial institutions on returns doing just this). That and real estate.

But the true answer (only benefit) is mobility within the the job market. If you go to trade school or get training for a specific job you will forecer only be able to get work doing that one singular job. But with a bachelors it shows work ethic, the ability to learn and most importantly the access to multiple forma of work. If i got an engineering degree for example (and yes i am sincerely over simplifying this to make a point) then i could easily translate those skills to multiple things from being an electrcian, to a plumber, to construction work, to being an actual engineer in some form and the list goes on. If i learn to be an electrician through training or trade school those skills will not be as readily trasferable to plumbing or carpentry etc...

So it provides a wider variety of work you have immediate access to. And you can frame it and hang it up on the wall.

I agree that user is clearly a resentful poorfag but you should still have kids, m8.

Making it illegal to ask for people's IQ when hiring was a horrible decision. Because of this college is basically required for any worthwhile job, even for jobs that don't really need a degree to be performed; it's just a four year long IQ test to separate you from everyone else.

>snorting cocaine while banging whores in yachts
>tfw I did exactly this in college
OP BTFO

currency speculation is not the same as equity financing you enormous dimwit
you worthless jew

because a lot of ludicrously rich people mistakenly attribute much of their own success to their education instead of blind luck.

Just invest in lottery tickets and a gun to kill yourself afterwards

perfect

is this another "people refuse to admit money is a zero sum game" thread?

Cause you have no idea on how ignorant you are on every subject

If you went to college, you'd know that this is pretty stupid. The best investment money is the one you earn from long steady stock on food chains.

Let's say you buy McDonald's. Stock high as fuck. Sell high. You pay a minority to startle SJWs with some controversial shit. Stock drops. Buy again.

That's the circle of life.

>go to a library
>bcoz there is a library within one hundred miles of where you live
Die and be damned, OP

>OP's first option is a library instead of the internet
Maybe college is not for him. Perhaps some form of 'special' education.

Yet industrial aptitude tests are IQLite tests.. the batteries are specifically designed by psychobrainlets