Wait wut?

Wait wut?

Other urls found in this thread:

theguardian.com/technology/2017/jun/30/peter-thiel-woolly-mammoth-back-to-life-donation
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

You guys didn't hear?

Enlighten us

We're getting the woolly mammoth. And we're getting a shitload of them. They're all going in Siberia etc for starters. It's happening. Jurrasic Park is literally happening. It's actually already done. The process has literally already started. They're calling it a moon shot though but still.

we're getting elephants that have been mutated by mammoth DNA, not actual mammoths.

That's not what I heard. They're simply using elephants to impregnate. They've got actual mammoths that have been frozen. Or technically they've found them and they're waiting to get them. They will be actual literal woolly mammoths. Delivered by specifically an Asian elephant.

>we're getting a shitload of them
>It's actually already done

What makes you think that?
Which research group is close to putting an mammoth embryo in an elephants womb?

Also, wouldn't it be pleistocene park?

It's being funded by Peter Thiel apparently. I guess it makes sense considering his obsession with eternal life and youth

theguardian.com/technology/2017/jun/30/peter-thiel-woolly-mammoth-back-to-life-donation

>theguardian.com/technology/2017/jun/30/peter-thiel-woolly-mammoth-back-to-life-donation

You can't be this autistic.
You're making it sound like it's happening tomorrow when in reality, if you take a look at the article, it's still a long way off.
Thiel has only donated $100,000 which, if you have ever spent a year of your life doing research you will realize is next to nothing.

I'm not op, I just looked it up to see what he was taking about and provide context. There's some legitimacy to it but your criticisms align with what I thought

>Thiel has only donated $100,000
That is proportional to me donating 25¢

Oh god. PLEASE don't tell me we'll be able to resurrect white people once we breed them out of existence....

How are mammoths suppose to survive with no parents to properly raise them and teach them the behavior of original mammoths?

Jew magic.

>no parents
they will have elephant parents, you retard

Elephants =/= Mammoths

So you won't get real mammoth behavior

>you won't get real mammoth behavior
I wouldn't expect "real" mammoth behaviour,
nor would anyone with any knowledge of the
environmental changes in the past four or five millennia. Your point?

Are there still enough rabbits for them to eat in Siberia?

So isn't it a waste of resources to resurrect a mammoth which isn't suited for the current environment just to because they can?

its perfectly suited for the environment. humans ate it thats why its gone

Nope

While I am somewhat sympathetic to the work of Sergei and pleistocene park I find it somewhat repulsive to bring them back solely for humans to enjoy them
And of course not in their backyard or anywhere near it

Wooly rhinos when?

>Jurrasic Park
You're confusing Jurassic with Pliocene, user.

We spend so much time asking if we could do something that we never stop to ask if we SHOULD

>solely for humans to enjoy them
Tundras need their megafauna back

if you put a actual mammoth in our current environment then it would suffocate because of the difference in oxygen in the air.

But a elephant/mammoth hybrid would be already adapt to the current air.

The oxygen was the same, pinhead. They aren't from the Mesozoic Era.

The air was still a bit more oxygen rich back then if i remember correct.
The mammoth would feel like it was out of breath all the time

Fuck mammoths I want smilodons and ground sloths.

relax man we gonna do them all. sabertooth aurochs whathaveyou. even dinosaurs arent fully impossible, in theory you take a chicken or bird or alligator and work your way backwards

>a waste of resources
*that* is your point? L0Lno fgt pls

>if i remember correct
You don't, retard.

your existence is a waste of resources

so what's the point of resurrecting dangerous animals? we should be respectful to our ancestors for wiping out these threats.

You know we're just going to harvest their fur and make ridiculous outfits out of them right? people will pay millions for mammoth fur coats

>we're getting elephants that have been mutated by mammoth DNA, not actual mammoths.
>That's not what I heard.
You should read less clickbait.
Yes, we are getting modified elephants, which is just as well, all things (climate change) considered.

>>Thiel has only donated $100,000
>That is proportional to me donating 25¢
Lol, and I assume researchers get paid less than the average Wal-Mart employee, but surely 100k can't even keep 2-3 people working on this a whole year, even without spending money on anything besides labor?

>Oh god. PLEASE don't tell me we'll be able to resurrect white people once we breed them out of existence....
"White" is in the eye of the beholder.
Obama is just as white as he is black, for example.
All you need to "resurrect" white people in the unlikely event they go extinct is to repeal the "one drop of ink" doctrine.
Tah-dah! Almost all African-Americans are white!

LOL'd

>So you won't get real mammoth behavior

Don't elephants have genetic memory? I wonder how that'll play into the behavior of the mammoths. Being so closely related it's safe to assume the possibility that mammoths have genetic memories also.

So which will these hybrids get? Memories of being an elephant, or memories of being a mammoth?

>We spend so much time
What do you mean by "we", Peasant?

>aurochs

>I assume
You know what happens when you assume, don'tcha?

>an elephant with hair

who fucking cares?

why not resurrect something actually interesting