In love with the nihilistic abyss

why does every "literature man" have to pose/have a persona of some brooding post-pubertal, french noir, quasi nihilist fag + a lot of knit clothing and ciggarette?
Why dont they act normal but instead are full blown narcissit on level of Catcher in rye the characters?

also, is that a postmodern phenomennon? Only similar phenomennon I can remember was with Byron and romantics althought Christian romantics like Blake had a different vibe (and christian existentialist like Kierkegaard and Dostoyevski also lacked nihilistic narcissism).

why do you love the nihilistic abbys so much lit? Why dont you humble yourself and pray so God can open your eyes so you can belive in the Gosple of Jesus Christ and live a life affirming humbe lifestyle?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=U88jj6PSD7w
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

>Why dont you humble yourself and pray so God can open your eyes so you can belive in the Gosple of Jesus Christ and live a life affirming humbe lifestyle?

...and possibly become the Kierk of 21st century?

>I'm 24 and all of these edgy 20 year olds piss me off so much

Great thread, dork.

>Why dont you humble yourself and pray so God can open your eyes so you can belive in the Gosple of Jesus Christ and live a life affirming humbe lifestyle?

Yeah gee all that not-believing-in-God is so postmodern nobody has ever done it before.

>he is spam linking back to his own thread

>>I'm 24 and all of these edgy 20 year olds piss me off so much

More like

>Ive realized the bs behind le intelelctual romantic person around 19, and am spreading the wisdom to 30 + post pubertal narcissists

also

>pretending like some poets dont die at 60 with those worldviews

nihilism wasnt so dominant in the mainstream culture

>he is spam linking back to his own thread

guerilla marketing.

Most people of literature are not that at all

That is a pop culture manifested archetype you have bought into LOL

most literature people look like anyone else, albeit more eccentric

>Most people of literature are not that at all

I wish that was true, just look at this shit infantile angst level thread

>DUDE JUST BELIEVE IN GOD LMAO

Insightful thread, fella.

>DUDE JUST BELIEVE IN GOD LMAO

that is really it. Belive and be saved!

Then what was all the nonsense about fashion at the beginning?

Is God some kind of fashion choice to you, user? You considering it's the next fad you'll get into?

>and live a life affirming humbe lifestyle
me right now

>Then what was all the nonsense about fashion at the beginning?

Idk, you tell me - have noticed that all the nihilistic narcissist have literally the same fashion?

I kind of like Camus doe, he was mroe honest that the likes of Sartre, Kerouac and Salinger

People do a lot of gay shit to get laid and to have literally any consistent picture of themselves in their minds. Get over it. Hardly anyone wants to waste his life on constantly questioning every belief, assumption and judging whether something is just a mere pose and signaling of some attributes (in your case being intellectual in love with the nihilistic abyss or whatever). Enjoy turning 40 and finding out that you have been an amorphous pulp of ideas for your whole life, that could never find one cluster of ideas to stick to and form a genuine human being. We both know that you'll drop your """affirming humbe lifestyle""" in a few months.
For some reason this boards thinks that once one reads books then he must do this for the same reasons it does. Would you care about a powerlifter deriding you because you jog on weekends?
Video related.

youtube.com/watch?v=U88jj6PSD7w

>We both know that you'll drop your """affirming humbe lifestyle""" in a few months.

What makes you say that? I belive in J. C. the Messiah since my early teens and not planning on changin that when I enter my 30s soon (that is probably the reason why I was able to call bs on french noir existentialist so early, while the rest of talented teens in high school were getting into knit clothing and circlejerk angst coffe talk).

Getting right with God makes you want to live a simple and humble lifestyle and not create a subcultre of high IQ people who read a lot - you dont oversetimate your own worth based on your intellectual abilites when you fear God, but isnted life becomes more structured (and structured in a good way).

>believing in Jesus
>being happy

By believing in Jesus you become a melancholic optimist, not a happy person. You have joy and peace but hate your existence at the same time.

Modern evangelicals are a scam.

>By believing in Jesus you become a melancholic optimist, not a happy person. You have joy and peace but hate your existence at the same time.

I meant to say, you have certain angst about your existence but it isnt the nihilistic selfserving angst.

>you have joy and peace but hate your existence at the same time

what you mean that kind of regret after committing a sin

>what you mean that kind of regret after committing a sin

no, not actually that, but even if you dont commit sin, you feel that way, but its more this

Phillipans 1

>For to me, to live is Christ, and to die is gain. 22But if I go on living in the body, this will mean fruitful labor for me. So what shall I choose? I do not know. 23I am torn between the two. I desire to depart and be with Christ, which is far better indeed. 24But it is more necessary for you that I remain in the body.

>But it is more necessary for you that I remain in the body.

I think this is just as self-gratifying in a way that it martyrize oneself as that posturing "literature man" as OP describes.

Or are you perhaps offering something of an alternative?

>Why dont they act normal
Kill yourself, faggot

>why does every "literature man" have to pose/have a persona of some brooding post-pubertal, french noir, quasi nihilist fag + a lot of knit clothing and ciggarette?
That was normal back in the middle of 20th century but doesn't exist anymore. Only (psychological) teenagers might act like that, but, having met a decent number of living writers, I feel confident in saying that actual writers don't.

>I think this is just as self-gratifying in a way that it martyrize oneself as that posturing "literature man" as OP describes.

not exaclty, Christian angst is hard to posture with, its bitter and you dont have the luxury to romanticise it. Even as a beliver in Jesus Christ (which negates nihilism), it bothers you, because you see nihilism as it it - scary, frightning and ugly. You became a sort of optimistic Woyak.

>>Why dont they act normal
>Kill yourself, faggot

Ill rephrase for this kind gent

>why do they act so pretentious and self obssesed?

what is the name of that young NY writer? I saw him pose in identical way with beer and tweed suit

>why do other people act in accordance to their own views and beliefs and do not share my subjective positions on what constitutes a normal behavior in society
I suggest you think about killing yourself too.

>being a pretentious faggot

IM JUST TRYING TO LE EXPRESS MY SUBJECTIVE VALUES AND THE ARE JUST AS GOOD AS YOURS SINCE WE POSTMODERNISM NAO AND EVERYTHING IS RELATIVE

GET AIDS FAGGOT

>buzzword buzzword buzzword kys
It's never too late to get proper education and do something worthy in your life. Don't lose hope, user.