Boiling hot dogs

>boiling hot dogs

What's the trick? People have to like them for a reason. Is it something in the water?

Do hot dog vendors keep old hot dog water for flavor?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=ZXVhOPiM4mk
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

That's awful - hot dog water isn't like fucking Chinese master stock where you save it for 100 years

>What's the trick?
You place the hotdog in boiling water.
Retard.

>Do hot dog vendors keep old hot dog water for flavor?
Yes. Older establishments have hot dog water that goes back generations. Half is kept for each batch to provide a consistent flavor.

Yeah that's literally what I was asking.

Season that shit with vinegar and a ton of cumin

Doing it with plain water is just gross imo, not unless your toppings and bun and the hot dog itself are of the highest quality would I be okay with that

The trick is that it's as easy as boiling water.

The trick is to cook them under your broiler or on the grill so they don't taste like shit.

You're welcome.

uh you have to flavor that water buddy if you want flavor

I save all my hot dog water to cook noodles in
Gotta save that tasty flavor

>boiling hot dogs
>not pressure cooking them

You idiots do realize you need pressure to get the flavored water inside the dog, right?

>pressure cook for 1 second

Comes out perfect every time

>What's the trick?
The trick is to steam them instead.

>master stock
>its real

fucking gross

Your pic related isn't a even a hotdog.
/Thread.

Is it not normal to fry hotdogs?

What's a "real" hotdog?

Anything with better meat shouldn't be called a 'hotdog', just out of convenience. People know hot dog as shit meat sponge sausages with toppings making up for most of the flavor, that doesn't need to change.

A real hotdog is a bratwurst, lardytard.

Hot dogs can be boiled, grilled, broiled, fried, steamed, pressure cooked, whatever you want.

I don't know why people even have this thought that "what? that's weird! i thought it was normal to do ___ with hotdogs!" like, I know that hotdogs (just like any other food out there) can be cooked in so many ways.

I seriously wonder if people here are just exaggerating or if they're really bewildered at hotdogs being cooked in different ways. Play with your hotdogs, experiment, it's time.

A bratwurst is a bratwurst. Who looks at hotdogs and say, "those aren't hotdogs. Try a real one, get a bratwurst"? Well then, that's not a hotdog, that's a good ol' bratwurst. Don't try to change the definition of 'hotdog' to include bratwurst.

I want hot dogs and better sausages to be separated. We don't need them blending together.

Let me try to explain what I mean.

>That hamburger isn't a hamburger, try a real one
and then you give them a steak.

Then you do this whenever you see hamburger. So in your mind, hamburger means steak, and hamburgers aren't real burgers, and so you will always have that miscommunication with people.

A better way to communicate what you mean is:

>Hot dogs suck. Bratwursts are better.

Simple. I mean, I took a class on hot dog linguistics so that's why I'm in a special position to explain this.

no bratwurst=no hotdog
What you think of as a hotdog is nothing of the sort, just some American bastardisation.
Sauerkraut and hot mustard are optional but traditional.

you're a fucking dickwad. A hotdog is not a brat and a brat is not a hotdog. Get the fuck out of here with your bull shit. Even steak n shake and every where with "steak burgers" knows it's hamburger not steak. You're the worst kind of autistic fuck on this fucking board. Go suck a goats dick while it repeatedly kicks you in the head because you suck at sucking goat dick.

Heat lamp or roller oven tastes the best. The longer heating time, the better.

The flavor condenses as they dry out.

I was the proffessor at your class.
You were one of my worst students.
How could you undersell the hotdog so badly? Its like you didnt pay attention to my many 4 hour lectures about the legacy that is Hotdog?

My dad says when he was a kid they would take a thermos with hot water and weiners to school. So at lunch time they were still hot and youd put them on the bun then

No trick, fire on Medium or Low, just wait until it starts to boil. Then you can have delicious hotdogs without having a grilled taste.

I want you to know what I'm trying to say.

Hotdog refers to what you call the American bastardization. There's names for everything hotdogs derived from, so just use those when you want to talk about something different.

Hotdog should always refer to what you can buy on the streets in America, because that's where the word came from. It's convenient, you can say "i dont like hotdogs i like bratwurst" and people know what you mean. No one will ask, "Wait, which kind of hot dog do you not like? Bratwursts or American hot dogs?" because people don't usually think of bratwursts when they think of hotdogs.

Listen buddy do you know what a jpeg is? I just want a picture of a goddang hot dog. youtube.com/watch?v=ZXVhOPiM4mk

I took that class not because I cared deeply about what you had to say but because I wanted to know more about the phenomenon that is the hot dog. I mean do nisrespect officer, but I really don't care how low my grades were in your class.

Do not under any circumstances boil your hotdogs. It will make the skin break up, leading to soggy, tasteless hot dogs. Instead, try to keep them slightly under boiling point. This way, they get warm but do not break open, which makes them keep thier taste. Also, keep in mind that osmosis is a thing, so get them out as fast as possible to prevent them from losing too much taste.

Okay Satan, just because you so much salty shit that you can't taste lower levels anymore, doesn't mean that mean that everyone needs that shit on there.

OP is talking about fucking hotdogs. The thread is about hotdogs. Your fucking mouth running about brats makes no sense. They are talking about fucking hotdogs not brats or kielbasa or sausage. Hotdogs. Get the fuck out of here if you don't want to talk about hotdogs. The thread is about hotdogs.

>Pleb don't put cuts in every piece of meat that needs it

I'm just saying you, or whoever I was responding to, seems to think that bratwursts are "real hotdogs" or something. Hotdogs are just hotdogs. There's no such thing as a bastardized hotdog. A hotdog is what Americans took and called a hotdog, and that's what it is.

Well I know more than enough students who took away knowledge of the secret clearly unappreciated collaboration of meat that is the hotdog.

Then you are correct and I responded to the wrong person or read incorrectly because you're right in this one.

>Your pic related isn't a even a hotdog.
>What you think of as a hotdog is nothing of the sort, just some American bastardisation.

This is what I was replying to, not trying to have an argument about it just trying to convey that these statements are really confusing and unnecessary.

I mean I know Americans have done things like called the things at Taco Bell 'tacos', but when it comes to hotdogs it's completely American. Not a bastardized version of some authentic German hotdog, that we call 'hotdog' too. It's just hotdog.

But I do play with my hotdogs tho

No worries, it's a confusing conversation about semantics lol

Do you hot dog around a lot?

>proffessor
Clearly you weren't teaching English.
Retard.

>he thinks a hotdog is a type of sausage.
Retard.

If you don't like the flavor of hotdogs why are you eating them?

Actually the deep philosphies and ideals of the hotdog. Mind your tongue good sir or else somebody may sneeze on the next dog you eat!

The trick is to salt the water.

>master stock
not sure if I want to try or not.

In the UK, a 'hot dog' is not legally a sausage. Doesn't have to contain any actual meat.
Legally, a 'sausage' has to have 30% meat by weight, absolute minimum. Hotdogs have no such limitations.
Also, mechanically recovered meat isn't 'meat', legally. Guess what hot dogs are made out of?

>retards fighting over hotdogs

this place just keeps giving entertainment

Fucking amerilards accept anything slopped into their trough as long as it's provided by our friendly and altruistic multinational corporation.

It's just heating them up in the easiest way possible. Nothing special about it. Mostly since it's a choice between boil, grill, or microwave, it makes sense just to dump a pack into a pot of boiling water for 5 minutes.

costco frozen hot dogs. don't have this problem.

if i ever reach this im ending it