Why do we rely on language so much?

Why do we rely on language so much?

Because it is the essence of our human nature. There can be no private language. Intersubjectivity and discursivity are central aspects of the phenomenology of the human spirit.

Stories, no more stories.

>what is the language of math
>what is the language of laws of the universe

I take that math back for now, it could be just human gibberish

Math is an exemplification of the fact language has its limits.

We get to a point where 1+1=2 can only be justified by itself and we can no longer regress. Instead we look at one another and say "Well it must be 2 because if I have one finger and another one then that is 2"

Laws of the Universe are no different. Science is constantly changing, Newtons laws were obsolete etc etc.

>1+1=2 can only be justified by itself
>he can't into undergraduate level number theory
>humanities major expressing strong opinions on topic he's completely incompetent in

>>he can't into undergraduate level number theory

I have studied Formal Logic and Set/Class theory in great depth, retard.

Don't get into this debate or I'll fuck you up.

Also, check em.

>I know kung-fu, karate and many other scary words

Alright, let's engage in a little number theory. I have one finger for each of you, totalling two fingers. Guess which finger it is?

You can't without using language. QED.

>studied Formal Logic and Set/Class theory in great depth
Literally every STEM graduate in a good college has, it's a fucking freshman year stuff in Math/Physics.

>Don't get into this debate or I'll fuck you up.
>"I have no actual arguments to support my wrong opinion"

You guys debate like high-school drop-outs.

I AM a high school dropout.

The only tool older than language is maybe the fist/arm and there's no system better than language for elucidating reality.

Welp, what can I say.

You just don't get it, do you, Frieza? He IS a high school dropout.

>what can I say
Nothing, you're a fucking cephalopod.

Presidential dance off.

"In the beginning there was the word"

we get it, you just watched babby's first encounter with whorfianism.

don't forget to read the original chiang novella.

>we
you tell me

Tradition

@

Then the word processor

>There can be no private language
This is just plain wrong, literally and figuratively.

If the term 'Energy', when stated as the fundamental essence of the universe, could be re-termed it would be 'Language'. Language is not only the building block foundation of humanity, it is also of life- of life's chemical bonds and of the atomic dance of the electron, just as the solar and galactic piourette of the celestials. Every single aspect of the physical and metaphysical, whether consciously experienced or not, is the universe communicating with itself. We live by no means in a sane universe, but which spirals within knowledge of itself as it fractals into existence.

Universe, is it you?

>STEMfag can't into Kant

dilettante scientism metaphors are fucking disgusting

languag is a LIER

People who use Italian words with no context are pseudo-intellectual scum, which certainly isn't pleasant.

Lies are a necessity, they are the source of meaning.

It's literally all we are and ever will be

yes, tradition

Because we're cucks.

speak for yourself

haha

Because languages have a set of rules. If we didn't have language everything would be like pic related, kinda.

Language, and more namely words are isomorphisms for ideas, language provides/acts as a useful, "acerbic" vehicle to readily exchange these isomorphisms

It's not that we rely on language so much. That's the only thing we can rely on.

You can view language as some series of signs that correspond to things that exist "in reality", but that's not really the case. First because language is about difference, and words only appear to correspond to certain objects insofar that no other words seem to do the job better at that moment. A dog is called a dog because it's not a cat, or a fox or a person. It's also not called a "perro" because you are currently speaking English. Second because language can not exist from and for someone alone. It exists in this symbolic and imaginary realm that we create for ourselves, but that precedes us in a retroactive fashion. We can only invent something within the language that caught us earlier on and we can only talk with each other if we both concede on being guided by a common language. In other words, language only exists in the form of common language. Therefore, to validate the correspondence between language and reality is to throughly believe in the illusion that, because both precede us, then they would come together. The gap between them is impossible to jump, not because we are incapable, but because it's impossible. At the same time that we know language is no guarantee, it is the only thing we have to support us. Hence why we can say language is all we have to rely on. It's like having small roads in the middle of the forest, the forest exists without the roads, and the roads themselves are no protection from the forest, nevertheless, that's all you can rely on.

>word that exists in virtually every European language
>Italian
ucciditi imbecille

Your dermis is showing.

can you imagine what thinking would be like if you didn't know any language?

All imagery and emotion/feeling, I can imagine. Not wholly different outside of not having a direct inner monologue