Why do dreams feel so real?

Why do dreams feel so real?

I had sex in my dream last night and the experience was EXACTLY the same as real life sex in every respect. Really freaks me out.

there's a surjective homomorphism from real experiences to thoughts when we sleep.

because what we call reality is a hallucination.

FUG :D

freaks me out too

i've taken a piss in a dream before then woke up mortified that i pissed the bed

fortunately, i hadn't, but it really did feel real

I've also felt things before in my dreams.
I thought that wasn't possible?

What bothers me is not that they feel real, is that I get to experience things in dreams before experiencing them in real life, and they feel just the same.
I dreamed about kissing and about sex before doing it in real life, so technically I shouldn't have known what it feels like, but it was just like in my dreams.

The other day I had a dream that "taught" me another feeling, which I'm absolutely sure would be just like in the dream if I ever get to experience it.

This has led me to believe that either the brain is stunningly good at simulating things, or that some of the strongest feelings like sex, food, pain, etc. are hardwired somehow into the brain, like code snippets that the brain runs at will.

THIS

All feelings are hardwired, and they are normally triggered by the right sensory inputs.

How do I have a sex dream? I had one in high school and it was amazing but I had few shitty ones after.

>mortified that i pissed the bed
>fortunately, i hadn't
That isn't what mortified means.

Yes it does. Are you retarded? He absolutely could have felt "mortified" upon waking up thinking he pissed himself, before realizing he didn't.

holy shit op, I also experience sex in my dreams EXACTLY as I do in real life.
>mfw I don't have sex in my dreams ever

One time I had this dream where I was driving a big truck, took a narrow curve and felt all the cetripetal acceleration and everything. My best guess is I had a heart attack

:(

Go eat some batteries you mongoloid

You posted this exact thread in your dream last night. I wonder which version is the real thread.

So if I have a sex dream, does that mean I'm not a virgin anymore?

>your brain creates your subjective reality
>your brain shows a similar activity to when you're awake while you're in rem sleep
>'why does it feel real'

it's all a dream, baka

>>your brain creates your subjective reality
>falling for the materialism meme

idealism is retarded but the same principle still applies

lucky you, ive had that dream and DID piss the bed, at 24. was my fault for not pissing before going to bed though

or you are determining what the experience will be like with your preconceptions about it

/scix/

My conjecture is that memories can be encoded into your DNA (what we currently call the "junk DNA") and passed down. Like an "epigenetic memory".

So you were actually reliving banging your own mom or something.

>Look at gory pictures
>Have dream where I get a blowjob from a decapitated head and I fuck a corpse that'd been sawed in half.

Last night I dreamed about a orgy on the beach where the semen was white like paint and stuck to you hard and there was a semi-sentient two legged cat.

Funny as hell, it felt real.

Yes that too. Really goes to show how primitive neuroscience actually is.