Alright Veeky Forums i need some help

alright Veeky Forums i need some help.
so i was dumping out a pot of soup from a couple days ago, didnt know there was baby potatos in it. now my toilet is clogged. my boyfriend and i have tried everything possible besides draino to help fix the situation.
Now heres the question, what can i use to break down potatoes? we dont wanna call in a plummer just yet. please help a bro out.

Other urls found in this thread:

amazon.com/Sodium-Hydroxide-Caustic-Micro-Beads/dp/B00VQVI4ZA/ref=sr_1_4_a_it?ie=UTF8&qid=1498971284&sr=8-4&keywords=sodium hydroxide
thorntonandgrooms.com/media/entry/the-effects-of-caustic-drain-cleaners
calpaclab.com/pvc-polyvinyl-chloride-chemical-compatibility-chart/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

>taking food into the bathroom to dump it into the toilet
user...

Were the potatoes already cooked then? Use a coat hanger. Have you reached your hand in to try and grab them yet? The worst thing you could grab is a potato. I'd wear gloves though.

already tried both. still clogged. and yes they were cooked

please dont judge me i didnt know there was potatoes in it. we never had this issue before

Just flush down some bleach and ammonia that'll dissolve them real quick

im not making mustered gas ill try the bleach tho

if your smart you'll use lye
>amazon.com/Sodium-Hydroxide-Caustic-Micro-Beads/dp/B00VQVI4ZA/ref=sr_1_4_a_it?ie=UTF8&qid=1498971284&sr=8-4&keywords=sodium hydroxide

strongly basic solutions dissolve most organic matter. in this case your basically purchasing the active ingredient from draino in pure form.

use it liberally and it will dissolve starches and clean your pipes to bot

thank you now were in the right direction

You can get potassium hydroxide too, but you have to sign a thing for the government, so I'm sure you get put on a list. It's pretty exothermic when you mix it with water, if you haven't before.

Trouble with caustics is they need time to work, and if the toilet isn't completely clogged by the potatoes the alkaline bath isn't going to be on the things long enough to dissolve them. I think the quickest solution might be to just drain and unbolt the toilet and lift it off the floor, get at the potatoes from the underside. You can see in the picture where they probably are.

Wow what a crappy thing to have happen.
I hope it doesn't put you down in the dumps.
Sounds like it could be a real stinker to fix!

that's retarded. the potatoes aren't the point. you don't dump food into the toilet.

Why the hell not? Your dishwasher and kitchen sink lead to the same drain pipe the toilet and bathtub do. Personally I'd dump soup down the kitchen sink with a strainer in the drain, and throw the strainer stuff in the trash, because I don't like drain problems.

checked, but maybe they can no afford sink

because it's not made for that

OP, my advice to you is to get yourself checked out by a psychologist.

Oh, and call a plumber to have the drain cleared out, ya dingus. Caustics might not work, and they'll definitely damage the pipes.

in india we just call the street the toilet

you could try using one of your dildos, since you're gay lol

Why the fuck would you post this here you dumb cunt?

Repeatedly shit and piss in the toilet until the pressure pushes the potatos through.

plunger?

toss a rat down there and seal off the top of the toilet

nigga this is pretty common knowledge
>Chemical drain cleaners damage PVC, galvanized steel, copper, and iron pipes, as well as fixtures. They should never be used on a completely clogged drain; the caustic materials can eat pipes while they sit clearing the organic materials.
thorntonandgrooms.com/media/entry/the-effects-of-caustic-drain-cleaners

>thorntonandgrooms
nice source that nobodies ever heard of faggot.
you believe everything you read on the internet?

I invite you to research how PVC reacts to sodium hydroxide
>calpaclab.com/pvc-polyvinyl-chloride-chemical-compatibility-chart/

PVC is a polymer. and a strong one at that. Sodium Hydroxide is not a strong enough base to do really anything to it

>my boyfriend and i have tried everything
was this detail necessary
how fucking pathetic are you?

pour salt into the toilet
if you get it salty enough, osmosis will cause the potatoes to become softer/smaller and slip through the pipe with any luck.

in future, pour soup down the sink, using a hand to stop any big lumps from falling into it (or just let them fall in and scoop them up) then chuck that shit in either a bin or on a compost heap.

>PVC is a polymer. and a strong one at that. Sodium Hydroxide is not a strong enough base to do really anything to it
you'd have a point if the entire drain system all the way out to the sewer was nothing but PVC. how often do you get that, though? is that a chance you really want to take?

oh and also drain clearers containing sodium hydroxide should NEVER be used in toilets because of how hydrothermic the reaction is. (products like Drano and Liquid Plumr actually say this in a warning on the back of the bottle.) the heat produced by the dissolution can cause bubbling/splashback, can melt the wax seal holding the toilet in place, and can even in severe cases crack the porcelain fixture through heat shock.
know what you're talking about before you shoot your mouth off, fag.

>hydrothermic
*exothermic, excuse me
having a little trouble with the English today