Embarrass myself multiple times at a Philosophy Society meeting a few months ago

>Embarrass myself multiple times at a Philosophy Society meeting a few months ago
>Keep thinking about it
>People will probably bring it up in 10 years time when I become a famous writer and ruin my career
>Think about murdering everyone who attended the event in order to wipe knowledge of its existence

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=L7K-kaelQEs
youtube.com/watch?v=6p0sr2BejUk
twitter.com/AnonBabble

You're never going to be famous, don't worry.

How did you embarrass yourself?

I made a bunch of plebeian tier arguments about Ethics which I knew were stupid but I did it to provoke discussion. I didn't want to reveal my power level.

Everyone just looked at me like I was a braindead moron normie.

>I didn't want to reveal my power level
but you did

I do this at almost every university society ive ever attended
I just tell myself I did it ironically, eventually it became funny and I would actively sabotage every interaction I had in a sort of Andy Kauffman act

I made a big hullabaloo and stormed out of an early-20th cent. reading group. To be fair, I knew what I was getting into but I still decided to embarrass myself. I can never go back there now and yeah I have the same thing of worrying about eventual blows to my reputation. Shitsuxx.

Write an open letter entitled "I was open pretending to be retarded". When you become rich and famous you can sell the original for millions.

should've just called ethics a spook

the girls would've been all over you

>it seems that we may stop here

Did you sperg out after somebody chatted shit about Proust or something?

>I just tell myself I did it ironically, eventually it became funny and I would actively sabotage every interaction I had in a sort of Andy Kauffman act

lmao, I do this now

After every meeting I laugh in conversation to make it seem like everything I said was purposely made up

No, we were having a discussion about Abraham Cahan's book The Rise of David Levinsky, and there were a series of increasingly ignorant remarks being made about Cahan's place as "the foremost social critic of America between [something like] 1890 and 1920," as one of them put it. As an admirer of Ambrose Bierce and HL Mencken I got quite agitated and said some things about communists and the problems of the "outsiders make better observers/critics" meme, to which someone said something along the lines of "And you say this as an outsider in our group?" which I went to great lengths to unfold. I sperged out and called the guy a pussy, horrifying the women and neutereds and essentially forcing me into exile. I did overreact but I stand by my comments.

Protip: everybody else is as psuedish as you.

fools

This makes me feel better

>I sperged out and called the guy a pussy, horrifying the women and neutereds and essentially forcing me into exile. I did overreact but I stand by my comments.
I love Veeky Forums

Whats some entry level Kauffman?
I want to get into his comedy

Don't. He isn't funny. Norm does his shtick but is actually funny.
youtube.com/watch?v=L7K-kaelQEs

don't apologize for shit like that man. I have respect for people who are intellectuals without being pussies, we need more of that. Plus that outsider comment was fucking worth it, total passive aggressive attempt at a bitchy shutdown and you flipped the table on it. keep it up m8

If that's satire, I'm seriously impressed

I mean, the self-absorption of even thinking about these things is one thing, but posting about it? Whew

youtube.com/watch?v=6p0sr2BejUk

>but what about the ethics o-
>hmph let me interject for a moment, ethics are a spook
>but what does that mean
>meaning is a spook!
>but without meaning where do we derive value from
>value is a spook, fucking spookcucks!
>wow user you sound like a TOTAL virgin
>virginity is a spook
>want to have sex later user? Damn you're cool.
>consent is a spook, I don't need your permission to fuck you! Fucking spook!

don't bother it's trite

There is no bad publicity. Just look at the meme our burger-friends elected as their head of state.

>I mean, the self-absorption of even thinking about these things is one thing, but posting about it? Whew

this.

consider going to /soc/ and staying there.

>fucking up the my property
user, read the books you want to shitpost about.