Hey Veeky Forums so I am writing a story and am in the planning phase right now...

Hey Veeky Forums so I am writing a story and am in the planning phase right now. I have multiple factions I want to utilize through this story but I just can't seem to name them.

The first faction is a group of space cowboy-ish outlaws who operate outside of stolen space stations and abandoned military outposts throughout the galaxy, I don't want some name like 'walton's gang' or the 'wild bunch' but more of a faction type name like 'The Regulators'. However Regulators usually have something to do with law enforcement so I can't use that.

Can you guys help me come up with a name for them? I was thinking something something rangers but idk.

Reference something like everyone does.

I am not trying to base this off of anyone else's work, I am trying to be unique and original and set up an interesting sci-fi universe, and that involves space cowboy outlaws.

However their character design and what I kind of want them to look like is a mixture between Fallout New Vegas' Rangers and cyberpunk-ish armor.

Basically a very large "gang" that has access to military technology and utilizes it but is formed and acts as a gang, it's sole motivation being growing and stealing valuable shit like weapons and money.

>I am trying to be unique and original

not possible, everything has already been done

>Fallout New Vegas' Rangers and cyberpunk-ish armor.

kek

bump

Then reference to something original.

>I am trying to be unique and original
>and that involves space cowboy outlaws

Go crawl back to your videogames and movies

Ask Veeky Forums, they are really the "worldbuilding board" as far as Veeky Forums goes.

The Frontiersmen
The Pioneers
The Sons of Katie Elder
The Glory Guys
The Three Godfathers
The Revengers
One-Eyed Jacks
The Trackers
Wild Rovers
Western Union
Forty Guns
The Searchers

The Lost Men

the big dick hustlers.

The Fuckyo Mamas

Do your own homework, man.
>cowboy outlaws
>read up on cowboys and famous outlaws to find reference for a name
>etc

Generic Space Pirates Local 282.

The Green Bay Packers

The Green Bay Fuckyo Mama Packers

This

>Not the Green bay Packyer mamas

something entirely original = something entirely incomprehensible to everyone but the author.

"Original" works are called that because they utilize the same tropes everyone else has in their arsenal in ways modern audiences don't expect.

more like

Green Bay Packyer Mama-Quijano (or Quesada, or Quijada)

This sounds absolutely revolting and you should try again when you're ten years older

Real Estate Revolutionaries, RERs