What interesting & original insights does this man provide?

What interesting & original insights does this man provide?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=J_lnRnUhIS8
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Minus all the libertarian/stateless society/NAP bullshit, he is very sound. I am just waiting for him to get onto the JQ.

He's studied no 20th century philosophy whatsoever and actually thinks Aristotle ended the game.

tldr; He's a pleb.

Look for UPB, his proof of secular morality.

he refined the libertarian philosophy

he is non-ironically the most valuable philosopher of this age

>I'm an Anarcho-Capitalist guys and believe in non-violence!!!
>Now let me explain to you why you should vote for this state figure who's a protectionist and why colonialism was actually ok

Really makes ya think

>strawman
It most certainly did not make me think

Nothing. Two-bit snake-oil salesman who appeals to dwellers who consider themselves "edgy"

libertarian goals through fascist means, just like Hoppe and most ancaps

secretly, deep down, they all hate the freedom of other people

He brought the definition of the word "argument" to a new level of autism

I saw a video where sam hyde said to go watch his Frozen Disney movie review
I discovered mde when they put out that 'good day today park' video so I'm not exactly like all the retards in that fandom

Anyway I watched the movie explanation and he seems like a weirdo who really hates his mom/women
He had a few videos about the movie, not sure if I saw the right one. I don't approve of making multiple videos about feminism in a Disney movie either.

None whatsoever?

Not an argument

>strawman

he's basically randian on the 'civilized man' theory which kind of shits all over his precious NAP

>AGGRESSION IS BAD
>UNLESS IT IS AGAINST PEOPLE WHO ARE NOT LIKE ME THEN IT'S OKAY

don't remember that MDE vid, which one was it?

originality is a romantic meme

>do you think I'll ruin it with my bad attitude?

He grew up with a single-mother who no doubt abused him because he is extremely against smacking kids as a means of discipline/punishment.

I'm pretty sure it was hydewars.

youtube.com/watch?v=J_lnRnUhIS8

Not an argument.

Study case for psychiatry.

Absolutely nothing, he's a total hack.
>He's studied no 20th century philosophy whatsoever
That's not a bad thing. the rehabilitation of philosophy is dependent upon the complete dismissal of all 20th century thought.

Portrait of the Artist as a Mid-Life Crisis

Molyneux is fun to watch because he clearly would have been one of those smug new-atheist types back when that was in. He went libertarian/ancap and now he's seeing that that's drifting in the direction of the red pill, so he becomes increasingly vocal about that. Sooner or later he'll start making Why Christianity Matters videos. Roosh V did the same thing. He moved from sleazy pick-up artist to Paragon of Neomasculinity and Defender of the West.

The thing that I notice the most about Molyneux is that I think his entire life has been one long and constant fucking *pivot* to be in the right place at the right time. It's why he doesn't engage in serious conversation with people who are smarter than him who he will disagree with. The vibe that I get is that he wants to be right and to feel good about being right. So he likes putting out The Truth About videos to the general crowd, or talking with people with whom he already agrees with and pose no real threat to his thought. He's not going to interview Harris or Zizek because they're going to make him look ridiculous. He *might* interview Peterson but Peterson is way, way smarter than he is and he would basically have to take a back seat. He's comfiest when he gets to play the role of wise philosopher-king for people who don't really want to invest too much in the question.

I'm not saying Molyneux is dumb. He's not even a pseud. But he's only a serious philosopher in his own mind, because his whole thing is being associated with the winning team. It's why he likes Not An Argument. Because deep down he's probably desperately afraid of realizing that he has a completely 2D worldview. Which is fine. If you're fighting the culture wars that's what you need.

He seems like a very nice guy, and he probably thinks he's making the world a better place. But in terms of original and interesting insights we're going to remember him at best as a guy who realized things were much more complicated than he could sum up with by saying Not An Argument like a monkey with a pair of cymbals.

literally only e-famous because bald manlet

accurate

Exactly, drain the swamp of philosophy

Quite safe to ignore everything this man says. He has some crazy persecution complex, probably as a result of his severe childhood abuse. He presents a false dilemma where we equates support for the state as support for his death. In reality, things aren't this simple. He tends to take really complex social problems and present them as confused syllogisms, whilst using weasily manipulation tactics against his opponents instead of addressing their arguments directly. He has an inability to concede any point, and goes to all costs to be "right". How odd that someone with the motto "not an argument" to be so deliberately dishonest in his argumentation. The lengths he goes to defending trumps obviously racist, anti-american sentiments (as if tone or phrasing has no meaning in the english language) is very confused as well.

I don't think they do. Libertarians and ancaps are just part of a cult that worships property.

>proof

He begs the question hardcore in his definition of morality, saying that "what is moral must be unchanging" or whatever. It's ridiculous - he concludes that utilitarianism is false because the greatest good for the greatest number changes from day to day. He needs to understand the difference between a definition and an axiom, and then come back and tell me that he derived morality from pure reason or whatever.

I really, really wanted his argument to be valid, but as he himself admit in the preface, it's extremely unlikely that some internet dude has solved a philosophical problem thousands of years old.

>Portrait of the Artist as a Mid-Life Crisis
Boilerplate titles are so lame

None.
He's a snake.

red pilling the goys he must be stopped

>secular morality
OY VEY SHUT HIM DOWN

None.

Literally the only good thing he produced is his interview with Noam Chomsky, that's it.

>the rehabilitation of philosophy
top meme

He's literally just an opportunist.

>Be libertarian/Ancap
>Suddenly the stateless/no-borders position isn't tenable anymore because you hate Muslims and Europe is getting flooded with them
>change your tune completely

I don't see how the "principled" libertarian crowd didn't stop listening to him after that.

Don't forget how atheistic and anti-religion he was until his audience demographics started shifting. All of a sudden maybe it's not so unreasonable after all and maybe it is necessary for a functioning society.

it's not an uncommon transition

Yeah it's possible his views really have changed. I can't shake the snake oil salesmen vibe though.

Oh my it is le edgy internet talk show host man!

all memes aside he can be quite eloquent

Who was that philosophy student who ripped him apart?

All of them?

Do people unironically think that Europen colonialism was some horrible disaster for the humanity as a whole?