Graduate School feels

>Just graduated
>Accepted into Graduate program
>Sees friends who graduated with engineering or computer science degrees now landing high paying job with only a bachelors
>Constantly bombarded with their vacation photos on social media
>Realizes the reality of being stuck in school for another 5+ years to get phd and may not get a high paying job anyways

Other urls found in this thread:

byuaccounting.net/mediawiki/index.php?title=What_is_accounting_research?
twitter.com/AnonBabble

same situation. im not in it for money though. im sick of talking with irrational dumb people. i figure a 5 year PhD program will limit my exposure to those kinds of people. Plus i really enjoy research and learning in general

If I had to spend another 5 years in school id kill myself.

Im gonna graduate this year, i cant wait to start working as an engineer, being productive and making bank.

office work culture makes me want to eat a gun

I should have went to grad school

>he doesn't enjoy making $70k a year sitting around making your mom jokes with old coworkers for 9 hours a day
you're doing something wrong

it's like being in a real life Reddit simulator, it's awful

at least people in academia are miserable pieces of shit

this
i want muh ivory tower kek

Same here, right now I'm attaining my masters in Accounting (working towards my Doctorates though.) I've heard that attaining a doctorates in Accounting pays decently, but even then, I'm still not really sure about what I'd be doing. That being said, I didn't decide to go into accounting because I loved it. It was the first thing I really excelled at (autist here.)

>phd in accounting
is this a MEME?

then leave
i don't understand why people stick around doing things they don't like
either leave or learn to like it and stop complaining; if it's something you have to do, then do the latter

great fucking post

Balancing checkbooks is not science.

0/10

>people don't have personal or financial responsibility
>just get up and leave xDDD
kys retard

While basic accountancy does not deal within the realm of science nor extensive math, we begin to do so much more drastically within the PhD section of our studies though (from what I've researched.)

A maymay it is not.

what the fuck do you even research? kind of interested lol

Using these models along with evidence such as financial statements, stock prices, surveys, experiments, computer simulations, and mathematical proofs, we can gain a scientific perspective and basis for the following:

>Deciding and implementing new accounting or auditing standards
>Presenting unusual economic transactions in the financial statements
>Learning how new tax laws impact clients and employers
>Discerning how the accounting profession affects the capital markets through academic accounting research

Researchers perform two main types of research, positive and normative.

>Positive research is the branch of academic research in accounting that seeks to explain and predict actual accounting practices.
>Normative research, in contrast, seeks to derive and prescribe "optimal" accounting standards.

byuaccounting.net/mediawiki/index.php?title=What_is_accounting_research?

tl;dr

> The study of economic & financial impacts of certain events using computer simulations, economic methods, mathematical equations, etc. as well as other stuff I haven't even begun to understand yet.

neet

I sometimes wonder if society wouldn't be better off torturing to death brainlets who are too stupid to get a math PhD.

good job reading the entire post and showing how weak-minded you are
you deserve to be where you are

I don't know user, I went through Cal 2 and only managed to maintain a B+ average. Now that I've been out of it for over two years, I can only remember somethings from it too. I can't even begin to think about trying to attain a PhD in Math.

>someone unhappy with their position and cannot reasonably change it
>tell them they shouldn't complain
again, kys retard

So you learn to jew people over super saiyan style?

If you can learn how the market reacts to certain events, you can learn how to manipulate the market.

> People like wall-streetfags & Soros have been doing this since the 60's and are filthy rich for doing so.

same.

Some of my friends that are making the big monies are annoying cause that's all they talk about. They brag about what kind of cashback rewards they get from their credit card, their credit card limit, and then they complain how much they hate their boss for making them work. All they talk about is money.

At least with grad students aren't generally so fixated on money, even if we're autistic

>tfw MSc. but couldn't land a high-paying job so going back for a PhD

just end my life pham

>tfw get accepted to a prestigious PhD program in chemistry doing super cool research that I get to complain about to friends and relatives all while looking extremely smart, impressing impressing strangers, and developing a drinking problem to deal with the crippling depression associated with not having a secure career ahead of me.

Don't worry user if you think those tech companies actually value stemfags

>Apply to awesome program
>Don't hear back for awhile
>Call and email professor to where I feel like I'm stalking them
>Still no replies

I think I fucked up

:( im sorry user, that feeling is terrible

>Go to grad school with no prospects of a high paying job
How much of a meme is this? Cause of all the math PhDs I know the majority got good jobs immediately after graduating, some of them were able to get academic positions.

>Psych BS
>no internships or research
>job 2 months after graduation
>55k

yall must be ugly or non-white or something

>psych
>Veeky Forums
>bragging about McDonald supervisor wages
bait

>engineer
>working, being productive, or making bank
Choose one and only one.

t. recent ME graduate

ya got me

>black detected

>Choose one and only one.
Why

I think choosing working and one or the other would be more appropriate.

>still can't read

>Choose one and only one.
>making bank
Ok, can you tell me what should I do for this one?
I am from a poor family and my dream was always to live an affordable life.

>tfw set up to be a debt slave

Assuming you can get a job, more likely than not your job will be using Excel and writing reports. Also you'll make about $60K.

The STEM cheerleaders in high school lied. This work is pointless bullshit and the only reason they popularized engineering in the first place was to get more applicants and pay us less. Engineering is dead and dying in the US because we don't make anything anymore.

Meant to reply to

Finance. It's the cancer that's destroying our economy, but at least it's growing.

I'm done, good post.

But I am already an electrical engineering major and don't really want to switch to Finance. Is doing MBA afterwards equally profitable?

>electrical engineering
Even better, they'll literally suck your dick. The field is filled with absolute retards, so you'll stand out above the rest.

>Same here, right now I'm attaining my masters in Accounting (working towards my Doctorates though.)

Why don't you just get your CPA and work for bigger Jews?

>not doing a PhD just to have the title of "Doctor"
Yall doin it wrong

> accounting

MY S8DES

Yeah well that's life.

But also realise that your friend is enslaved for 50+ hours per week in a high stress environment serving the capitalist pigs whereas you are still at university.

Yeah sure you get paid less but your lifestyle is from day to day is much better.

Ooh look another person with a victim complex.

but you're gonna get a sick piece of paper at the end

Finance is the biggest meme degree

work 80hr/wk for like 100k

>Things brainlets say.
lmao

Engineering seems like the shit. Gain skills that are actually useful in industry but also learn some of the theoretical background needed to succeed in grad school. Then you get to choose after graduation whether to start the 401k or be poor for life.

Engineers like EEs,MEs and CEs are one of the most highly paid majors and very future proof compared to business and law degrees.

Whats wrong with that? Its like 80k starting(median)