Any software engineers/developers here? How much money do you make? It says on google the median salary is $100...

Any software engineers/developers here? How much money do you make? It says on google the median salary is $100,000 a year, what did you make starting after graduating college? How can I get the job before college because I know there are people out there who are getting lucky with job offers.

Other urls found in this thread:

gaswork.com/post/220291
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

>How much money do you make?
I fucking hate you morons.

Pajeets like you ruined the industry

Fuck you

ITS NOT ABOUT THE MONEY YOU RETARD ITS ABOUT BEING IN ABSOLUTE CONTROL OVER SOMETHING THAT TICKS 4 BILLION TIMES A SECOND. TIMES 8 BECAUSE THATS HOW MANY CORES IT HAS. CAN YOUR MISERABLE TINY LOWIQ BRAIN EVEN BE AWARE OF SUCH CONCEPT? THAT SOMETHING IN FRONT OF YOU IS TICKING 4 000 000 000 TIMES IN THE TIME IT TAKES YOU TO BLINK AND IT CAN ADD 4 000 000 000 NUMBERS A SECOND.

If you don't have money then how are you supposed to buy a computer? Money isn't everything, but it's important.

You build one yourself. It's people like you and OP who turn this world into a shit hole it is. It's people like you who are the reason most successful software applications today are on level of iq 30 child (Snapchat/Instagram/Candy Crush).

People like you call themselves "developer/programmer" while they write in some shitty language like Java/JS/PHP/C# or any other abomination spawned by the jews and their desire to earn money.

And money is only there for basic needs, food/water/electricity. If you do anything for money itself then u are nothing but a worthless worm and please gtfo from Veeky Forums to reddit or some other worm iq group and jerk off to eachothers "revenue"

You'd have to buy the components too. And hell, you'd even have to buy the raw materials if it came down to that.

In general, wealth means that you have power over your own life. To me that is extremely valuable.

averages does not mean that much. could be that just a few people at google are earning 500 000 a year that pushes the avg up. it does not mean that it is your beginner salary

Have you ever considered that maybe there are people who are just trying to get a degree and escape poverty and live better for themselves? Not everyone has to be some aspiring upcoming CEO, get a grip of yourself.

>Software anything
get ready to either never get a job, or get instantly replaced by indians straight from the shitting streets

Go to med school and become an Anesthesiologist if you want money.
gaswork.com/post/220291

The google median salary only reflects bay area salaries, outside of that area you're looking at $65k/year if lucky as a developer and you'll be lucky if a machine doesn't replace your job in job before college
Write your own software and sell it

This meme is bad.
I have yet to see a business that hired a pajeet instead of a graduate when given the choice.
Everyone wants the educated, the only companies that don't are Amazon and Microsoft because they have a massive amount of offshore labor in India.
Plus, I live in America and all the job offers around here are in English and want at least a bachelor's in EE, CE, CS or some other related degree.

Outsourcing is even in this area. One medical tour and adieu expensive medicine.

lol thank you. I live in a huge city in Texas, people get jobs thrown at them right before they graduate as comp. sci majors. I personally know a friend I worked with in retail who has a 75K a year job working at Boeing. Idk if he is still with that company to this day or not since it has been almost a year, but the fact is being a comp.sci student is a very lucrative decision and you can never go wrong with it if you know problem solving is your niche in life. And when it comes to jobs being shipped over seas and taken by automata, comp. sci students will be the last to be replaced, someone has to program those robots you know.

Who gives a shit.

Frankly CS and computer stuff is fucking boring.

I was a fucking CS nerd once. Even enrolled in CS, but then I realised I was the laughing stock of the mathematicians and I saw my true path.

But even us mathematicians end up working in software development most of the time. It's just the way things are.

But don't fucking come talking to me about the wonders of the computer. I fucking understand it, but you don't understand that there are even more autistic things to jerk off about.

In retrospect as a mathematician, CS is pretty pleb tier.

Theory of Computation is a very cool field though

If it's so 'pleb' why haven't you solved all the hard challenges in the field of CS? It's totally easy right?

It's because you're larping and you've never done actual CS, you've looked at python tutorials. The biggest give away was "software development" because CS isn't about computers or software just like biology isn't about microscopes.

>Theory of Computation

I'm only acquainted with complexity theory and only because I wanted to understand P \neq NP. But I agree it's an insanely interesting field. But I honestly wouldn't say it is really CS. I mean, the typical CS student will only get some introductory ideas in the course of their studies and in any case it's definitely still well within the realm of math.

The problems in theoretical CS are fascinating math.

However the CS curriculum is very light on the math.

Sadly true. For me though, theoretical CS IS CS and the rest is mostly webdev. We also have statistics and linear algebra

Depends on the school, CMU is not light on math, first year you're proving program correctness via induction and finding differential invariants, reducing curves, convex optimization, second year you do groups, lattices ect all of this in the standard curriculum.

The really difficult math doesn't come until grad school but that's the same for a math bachelors too.

I'm still in college, but I get ~$10500/mo as an intern.

$100k is for across all experience levels. It's only ~65k starting average, but it's very easy to get >100k starting salary before bonus/stock/etc if you can get into a decent company (will probably be in Seattle, SF, NYC, etc though, so higher costing of living)

You should be more worried about the Chinese than Indians.

>implying linear speedup

Why are EEs doing CE and sometimes SE jobs?

Because there aren't enough EE jobs.

You're a pleb if you think your math education means you understand the computer

Wouldnt you think EE education isnt enough for that?

For entry level jobs, you don't need most of what you learn in college. This is the same for most fields. There's a reason they're entry-level. Jobs are based on what is useful, not which uses everything you learned from your degree.

>Why are EEs doing CE
Because CE is EE with different electives.
>and sometimes SE jobs
Because every STEM major can get SE jobs easily.

If I have a bachelors in computer science can I work as an electrical engineer? I heard electrical engineers do a lot of coding and I guess the rest wouldn't be so hard to learn since I would have a bachelors in CS

short answer: no
long answer: not a chance

designing circuits or doing stuff with power is very different than CS