Homeless guy asks me to buy him a meal as I'm leaving the grocery

>Homeless guy asks me to buy him a meal as I'm leaving the grocery
>"OK. What do you want?"
>"Whole chicken." A. he was black B. how tf are you gonna cook this thing?
>""Fine."
I bought the whole chicken and when I came out of the store he was gone. First I threw the receipt away bc I paid w/ my card.
WTF do I cook with a whole chicken?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=U6rVZng-AnY
youtube.com/watch?v=xfDsNRXPKE8
youtube.com/watch?v=5UKssrLusBo
youtube.com/watch?v=V23HlsUdbaM
seriouseats.com/2014/10/how-to-make-rich-flavorful-easy-chicken-stock.html
youtube.com/watch?v=nfY0lrdXar8
youtu.be/k7MafUNvuXs
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

It must be so fun being a retarded nigger. I bet he was just loitering with his pack and they wanted to fuck with someone so they picked the hunched over, shuffling, greasy autist and told him to do something totally ridiculous and the mad man just went and bought a whole chicken.

Well I suppose that is one way to look at it. Got any tips for cooking a whole chicken?

Do you seriously not know how to roast a fucking chicken? Rub whole bird down with oil and generously season with coarse salt and roast in a big stainless pan in a 425-450 oven for 45-60 minutes. Use the fond and drippings in the leftover as a base for a sauce flavored with some lemon/white wine and fresh herbs like thyme and tarragon while the chicken rests.

There you go. Fucking chicken.

Make chicken sashimi.
youtube.com/watch?v=U6rVZng-AnY

butcher it and make fried chicken
have some friends over
get some sun

youtube.com/watch?v=xfDsNRXPKE8

youtube.com/watch?v=5UKssrLusBo

I like you. Whenever I hear shit from people like "I have so much extra food" or "What do I do with all this" I just say i'll be there in 45 minutes with beer, warm up the grill, also do you still have that badminton net?

TY. Will post pics as I do this.

clean the birb, season and oil birb, put into pan, cook at 365 for 1 hour, then put butter on it and baste every 15 minutes for a second hour

I like you, too
It boggles the mind (no offense, op) that people fret over shit like this
It's a fine opportunity offered to you by the strange currents of the world

No offense taken. Just glad that I came to the right place. new to Veeky Forums

If u have a freezer u can cut it up (it's easy if u have a sharp knife) and make few interesting meals during next week. I'd freeze up everything except back,neck and feet, and make a chicken noodle soup for today and tomorrow

>it's happening!!!
good luck, m8

Fucking normie fags

I like the direction this thread took. Instead of shitting on OP for trying to buy food for a homeless dude now OP is making fried chicken. Cook on OP.

Thanks, user

Sounds like someone is a sourpuss who hates fun.

He probably meant one of the cooked rotisserie chickens

Yes i realise this after the fact. But npw i get to learn to chop a chix

Save the carcass and make some chicken stock later OP.

very much this

youtube.com/watch?v=V23HlsUdbaM

Aww shitterz. Literally just threw it away. Next time

seriouseats.com/2014/10/how-to-make-rich-flavorful-easy-chicken-stock.html

This is a breakdown of a bunch of chicken stock experiments but it gives a good idea of what the range of stock you can make is. I like to also throw in some veggie leftovers to get a little bit more going on in it. You know the bit of an onion or carrot that had the stem attached. Keep it and make vegetable stock.

TY, anonfag

nevermind that shit
you're doing well, op

I make stock and sauces about once a week and cook with it the rest of the week. Nothing feels better than using stuff you made yourself even if you cut it with store bought if you didn't make enough.

OP's optimism has inspired me to make some fried chicken tomorrow. I'm thinking of mixin up a honey bbq or sweet and sour sauce for dippin'.

Please do. Bird chopped; thanks guise. I'm ab to get some well deserved sleep. Will post the frying ITT later this morning.

Did you even read what i wrote earlier? Save back,neck and feet for soup! A.k.a. carcass
Dumb fuck

godspeed

mange de la merde.

Shh. Don't shame OP he is like dewy eyed doe. You will scare him away from posting a legit thread on Veeky Forums. We need him here to combat the mcchicken shitposting. He can literally fish it out of the trash rinse it and start making stock if he cares enough. Unless OP has an toxic garbage can or compost it's not exactly unsanitary if your are boiling it for hours. If you care enough make your own stock thread. Veeky Forums could probably use a stock general thread. If you make it I will comment in it extensively.

OP here. I would not be opposed to this but it is sitting on a pile of weewee pads from my doggos. Will make stock next time.

Yea, I wouldn't make that into stock either. I suggest anytime you have bones, cartilage, skin, or other pieces that aren't going into the dish shove that crap in a plastic bag and throw it in the freezer until you want to make stock. Same goes with the stems of garlic, carrots, onions, whatever of veggies you usually cut off and throw away cause you don't want to eat it. It's got the same flavor just none of the nice parts. That's the spirit of stock and broth. All the crap you don't eat just flavors the stuff you do want to eat.

>he doesn't like having grill time bro downs with his dudes drinking beers and playing badminton

Yea that guy can suck my fucking shuttlecock. If he doesn't know how to enjoy a sunny day with friends and food he is complete waste of a human being.

thanks, friendo. I'll remember that.

here's some crazy shit
not sure that you'd actually want to do it, but why not know how?

youtube.com/watch?v=nfY0lrdXar8

Dawww. Someone who thought the whole thread was TL;DR

"no"
it was just another whole chicken video worth watching
I'm the on who suggested fried chicken in the first place

My bad. I never got that sleep.

Hey man. I'm considering dressing a whole chicken tomorrow night. I could use this advice. Be constructive.

fair enough
you did well in your butchering

I hate doing this. So gross.

Yea for real. I tried to spatchcock a chicken about a week ago and mangled the bastard. OP makes me look like an idiot and I cut up chickens all the time.

>replying to strangers who accost you in public
>ever

>buying homeless people anything

Homeless people are a drain on society. I hate those dirty, lazy pieces of shit. They're either drug addicts or crazy and neither deserves my money. Fuck the homeless.

Eat the chicken raw so you get salmonella and die.

especially outside of grocery stores, nothing gets me in the mood to ingest food like a piss stained alcoholic trying to shake down families

Get your own thread on /pol/ this is a chicken thread.

if OP wasn't a retard amd just kept walking like he shpuld have he wouldn't have had to deal with using up a whole chicken

OP here. Fuck off, Ayn Rand. Why are you samefagging so hard. No work today?

shut up faggot, you buy a nog some chicken and then try and shame a productive citizen for not working on a Sunday?

goddamn grow a spine, all the beggars should get is a boot to the face

Jesus christ what is with this shit. I was talking to OP about fried chicken and stock. He delivered OC. He was interested in food and cooking. Stop fucking it up, this could have been good.

>only one person thinks I'm am idiot

bad news...

You've got a very small penis, haven't you? Enjoy your day, friend.
Just bought buttermilk and canola oil for fried chicken.

I'm going to help OP and post fried chicken images. Because this is about food and cooking.

you saw how well it worked out for you retard, by all means reward the parasites. You know they'd do the same for you if they were sober

It did work out well for him. He gets to eat fried chicken.

Oh. You're still here? It did work out for me bc I've made a nice thread about cooking and you fags have helped my butcher my first chix.
Here's your (you). Off you go.

I assume it's like cooking a turkey. So like Thanksgiving.

Step 1: mom or wife/gf puts it in oven
Step 2: drink beer and watch TV for hours
Step 3: hours later it's cooked, eat.

Well this thread went to shit. Have some chikkin from my neighborhood place, OP

You for real? Why are you even on this board, bubba?

I cook but I don't bake.

That looks so fucking good. The sides are out of focus, what is that?

I'll try to bring it back. Sitting at the local lake with the last ingredients. Be home in like 20 to marinade

What exactly do you think roasting is? 50% of all cooking takes place in an oven, m8.

The blurriness on the sides is just the depth-of-field from the camera. If you're actually talking about the food sides, they're collards and mashed potatoes with some pickles

This is the dude who made the chicken. Marcus is pretty famous here in Harlem and on TV and his chicken is definitely not your everyday recipe. Pretty interesting spice flavor, but classic technique. This oughta get you in the mood, OP. I know people who get some of his chicken to go and eat it
near the Meer in Central Park during the summertime.
youtu.be/k7MafUNvuXs

What's the marinade? What's the batter/breading seasoning? I got a hard on for lime chili these days and its fucking amazing.

Now that sounds good. I was going to do a simple buttermilk lemon soak

He probably meant one of those precooked chicken anyways

I'm pretty sure he meant a rotisserie chicken you sperg

Collards and mash are pretty solid sides. I can dig pickles but I always find more exciting pickles than the bread and butter or dill variety to be more fun. I will say pickles are a side instead of an ingredient though. Not a big fan of a pickle on a burger. Have you had fried pickles?

he said whole chicken
op bought a whole chicken
who was in the wrong here?

>Marcus is famous in Harlem
Lol

He's pretty well known internationally

He tried to open a joint in Minneapolis like 15 years ago, along with Vongerichten (unrelated place), but the flyovers were freaked out by food that wasn't "hotdish" served in one giant heap, some griping about plate size and "why can't we have normal food". So they both collapsed instantly. I believe the Vongerichten joint was replaced by a greasy pub grub spot, and the Samuelsson joint was replaced with a Ruby Tuesday

The chicken at Red Rooster is pretty good but if I may say so it's a big too expensive and also just too much for two people if you're also getting other stuff. It's basically the same price as the duck carnitas at Cosme. If I'm going to feel overstuffed and terrible after an expensive meal, I'd rather have the carnitas.

oh, I see OP isn't a retard at all then. good point.

>Buying a raw uncooked chicken for a homeless man

The answer is anyone involved in this shit was in the wrong on multiple levels.

Spatchcock, season, and roast that dumbass bird for 45-55 minutes. Easiest and fastest way to cook a chicken.

You're steering the ship bruh. Haven't fucked anything up cooking wise. I will continue to watch and enjoy. Can't criticize if I'd do it myself.

>panhandler
>homeless
Big difference buddy

There's this fuckhead elderly black guy who runs around on the train all day with no shoes on, moaning and groaning for money while limping and hamming it up

He's been doing it for YEARS, and without fail at least 2 or 3 people give him money, per car

That works out to around $60/hr, why even work for a living?

>homeless black men who don't know what to ask for when flim flamming detected

and now we wait.

Yeah, I've had fried pickles. I like to fry spears instead of the chips and mix panko and parmesan for the crumbs. Bretty good, but those bastards are hot as shit when you first get em out of the oil and they don't cool down very fast. Double edged sword in that they're great for football games sitting out on a tray, but if you're negligent you got a burned palate for 3-4 days.

Yep. I remember being super impressed when he won Top Chef Masters years ago. He's pretty much iron chef level. I agree about the chicken pricing, and so do a lot of the guys around the neighborhood, but they keep coming in droves after church anyways, and he's wayyyy better than Sylvia's and Amy Ruth's. My family is from the south and I'll be damned if I'm paying that much for slightly better than average 'soul food.'
Marcus' take on that genre is fresh and interesting, so I don't mind the slight premium. Not to mention it's still inexpensive for Manhattan.

Careful about too much acidic stuff in the marinade, OP. If you let it go too long the texture can get weird, I know from experience. Also be sure to salt the marinade pretty decently that way you don't have to compensate in the breading later.

>Why work for a living

Dignity?

Who gives a shit whether or not OP is so fucking retarded he spends his days sucking on doorknobs. He's frying chicken. I will watch him fry chicken and then later, now that I am inspired by his cooking I will make some fried chicken. Then OP can go back to sucking off his dad and I can go back to painting my genitals orange and crying. Why do you have to ruin everything?

Thanks

>Original post is about a homeless man rolling over a naive cuck
>Whhhhhyyyy do you guys have to forget this is a foood and coooking board?

I'm rooting for OP too, hopefully he can pull this off this momentous cooking feat, but you can't change the topic of your thread after you start it

>Marcus' take on that genre is fresh and interesting, so I don't mind the slight premium

The way I justify the prices at a place like that is that the drinks are at a much, MUCH higher standard than the staple soul food joints. You are paying for the access to that, not the slight improvement in food.

Kind of like how the ramen at Momofuku is really not all that amazing but the drinks list makes up for it. Or any number of other joints that take cheap food and make it "gourmet". It's not about JUST the food.

I prefer doing wide flat slices instead of spears or chips. I just grabbed something off google as an example. I find that when you do those wide vertical slices you get quite a bit of surface area/volume and I find veggies only increase in deliciousness with more surface area when being fried. Especially for tempura. Also I feel with you about burned tongues. Nothing sucks like taking the first bite of delicious and then tasting nothing but pain in every other bite. Letting food cool is something I think everyone has to learn the hard way.

We are going to derail this into a good thread.

audibly kek'd. Guess I'll have to stop by my 'rents place later.

I feel you. The drinks there ARE expensive, but they are pretty great. I mean, he's a celebrity chef and I'm glad he's 8 blocks away from me and not all the way downtown where everything else is 2x the price. I never get more than 1 drink when I'm out anyways, since I like to go home and have a nice drink on my balcony overlooking Lenox Ave. Pic related, my view

You sayin' getting out the ol mandoline and doing them wide and flat like fried zucchini would work? I'll give it a try. Seems like they'd be floppy though.

OP should have bit into the raw chicken in an effort to make that homeless man look like a jerk.

I don't have a mandoline so I do it with a knife which leads to expected inconsistencies in thickness but usually they turn out great. Floppyness can occur but to be honest, there is so much breading/batter on it you don't give a damn most of the time, if having a floppy fried veggies isn't your jam don't bother. It's definitely one of those things you would either like or dislike. Kinda like pickles in general. Some people love em and some people don't like em. Whatever you like man. I like doing fried pickles that way because I get alot of fried crunch along with the vinegar zing of a pickle. I don't know what it is about it but I know it's the same reason people put malt vinegar on their fish and chips. Whatever it is, it is delicious.

oh man, now I want some fried pickles.