Does anyone else read exclusively off an e-reader? I do now and cant stop

Does anyone else read exclusively off an e-reader? I do now and cant stop

Other urls found in this thread:

amazon.com/gp/product/B00OQVZDJM/ref=as_li_tl?ie=UTF8&tag=marketorder-20&camp=1789&creative=9325&linkCode=as2&creativeASIN=B00OQVZDJM&linkId=f894576fca7673c5e231e3ca7eb182ca
twitter.com/AnonBabble

the original image is on superhuman levels of dumb

This picture is honestly deep and profound. (I'm sure most of you won't be able to understand what I mean).

explain?

How much up it goes the original?
I think the world is shit and that the more you know the shittier it becomes (for you)

How high does the original.image go?*

First two levels

We are getting off track, my question is, does anyone else read exclusively off e readers?

Yes

Daily reminder ifyou don't read physical books, you're not reading.

You're not allowed to count books you've read on e-readers.

Have fun dying and only having read books in your teens. Have fun having wasted your life, not reading books and just reading a shitty e-reader.

Daily reminder that the lowest of plebs on this site probably have read more books than you dirty e-readers.

Kill thyselves.

You're a nerd.

The kind of insult you'd expect from someone who doesn't read books ;^)

Yeah, I do. I bought mine when I was in a depressive episode and just flat out couldn't read physical books. When I first sat down and read a book on my kindle for a few hours, I legit started crying. Now I always have my kindle with me.

There is no such thing as physical books. They're in your head or not at all. The rest is ink on paper, particles on a screen, scratches on clay tablets.

Ive been on an audiobook kick as of late. I used to talk mad shit about these folks, but I'm halfway through JR on audio, and it feels great, but guilty. Also listened to Suttree, Outer Dark, and Inherent Vice since mid-December. In pensive moments I think to myself: "kys my man, but finish that audiobook first."

I really hope, for your sake, that this is bait

gondola threda

irl lel desu

Yes, I like to read in the dark and it's difficult to do that with normal books.

I bought a kindle and it definitely was worth it
amazon.com/gp/product/B00OQVZDJM/ref=as_li_tl?ie=UTF8&tag=marketorder-20&camp=1789&creative=9325&linkCode=as2&creativeASIN=B00OQVZDJM&linkId=f894576fca7673c5e231e3ca7eb182ca

I can finally read with one hand

>You're not allowed to count books you've read on e-readers
>Have fun dying and only having read books in your teens
>Kill thyselves
If I'm going to care about random opinions of some anonymous internet autist at my deathbed, I'm definitely going to kill myself.

how do you do close readings and add annotations on an ereader?

>tfw no cottage

You can highlight passages with different colors and add bookmarks with notes

What will happen if one would combine that meme with the trolley problem meme?

Like, you can read one book that will keep you at level one or ten books that will take you to level four but you have to go through level two and three.

Delete this comment if the potential meme would be too volatile.

OP here, made this thread last night and had no idea that the pic I MADE would be so popular. I made it after seeing a YA section at a bookstore, reading that dystopian shit makes you dumber.

Does anyone have recommendations for e-readers? is there really much of a difference between the cheaper kindle and the paperwhite?

The trolley problem but with the last copies of five essential classics of literature versus one human life

Source on the dystopian fiction making you dumber? I don't really doubt it all that much, but I'm curious what the test was.

Get kobo not kindle. Why does everyone here have kindle, didn't they research at all?

kindle is just the most popular I think idk anything about e-readers but I'm reading now.

I only read on a tablet in bed. I don't get people who say it "strains your eyes" but maybe that's because I've been on the computer for most of my life so I'm used to screens.

Why is reading on an ereader a problem?

check /r books on plebbit. check modern millennial society. there is your proof

>have kindle
>happily reading
>next day shit is broken
>have to format it
>lose all placeholders
>am the type of pleb who reads 10 books at once, minimum
>all is lost

Also fuck pdfs and fuck margins.

It was a gift and I've had it for like, six years.

>am the type of pleb who reads 10 books at once, minimum

Not exclusively, but since a lot of classic books are like only a couple cents on kindle I prefer to read those on my phone

I hate myself, too.

Explain further. Unfortunately I think my old one may be dead for good. I want a simple interface, no internet or bloatware shit, just for reading books, non-eye-straining screen. Also am poorfag. Durable like a nokia would be good, since it is in my backpack most of the time.

this image is so fucking funny

can you guys post more?

Intense, constant, sustained, deep reading over the course of many years will do a lot of things to your mind.

One of the things it absolutely won't do is give you the feeling that at last you understand everything.

post the religious one with angels at the top

this was great

This is a lil bit of a diatribe but there's this really specific kind of nerd that grows up being told that they're smart so that's like. Their core trait. Everything relates back to their intelligence and nothing else.

The problem is that when you pour your sense of self into one thing, especially something that's viewed as a "fixed" trait your identity becomes really volatile. You constantly have to prove and reprove to yourself that you're worthy of the title you've been given, and a lot of otherwise smart kids grow up to be pretty average and unremarkable adults.

So, you know, you're depressed -- it's clearly because you're just too smart. The world's filled with sheeple. It's very easy to think that you're in a world filled with cardboard cut outs when your only reference point for humanity is yourself. Everyone in their own head is a fully actualized person, but you only see glimpses of other people's worlds.

So of course you're depressed because you're "too smart" to be happy, or you're obviously intelligent since you're socially awkward, or whatever.

It's like the perfect formula for building a narcissist. You have people who are told they're great, then made to feel like they're terrible so they learn to lick their wounds and bolster their ego and then once they're on top again their fragile ego shatters into a million pieces. This is the story for literally every single fucking neckbeard that has ever existed.

Like, I grew up trying to surround myself with smart people, I grew up on the internet 24/7, I've had so much time to think about this. These people turn misanthropy into a way to shield themselves from how deeply unremarkable they are. They'll never grow. As human beings they're just fucking pointless.

I feel personally attacked

Fuck, I thought this was gonna be a qt Asian girl.

p good +1 my mensch

keep posting here

>So, you know, you're depressed -- it's clearly because you're just too smart. The world's filled with sheeple. It's very easy to think that you're in a world filled with cardboard cut outs when your only reference point for humanity is yourself. Everyone in their own head is a fully actualized person, but you only see glimpses of other people's worlds.
I've got to work on this tbqh, I'm really interested in people but I have a tendency to view normies/people who are more in line with mainstream culture to be simplistic. It's easy to think that they're nothing just because you only talk to them when they're being "random" or talking about rappers.

>tfw I started off like that, and have now accepted that I'm barely average, at best
>now have self-esteem issues and minor self-loathing

Now I assume that almost everyone I meet is smarter than me. At least I'm pretty down-to-earth and modest, now that I've broken out of that phase.

I have over 600 downloaded epubs on my nook but i still have a crateload of books i need to finish before i tackle the it. My goal is to kick this fucking crates ass and read it all this year.

>really specific kind of nerd

no its anyone born during the self esteem movement when educational figures were praising children for their personality traits rather than their expended effort. now its becoming dystopian and praise is focused around "achievement" which ffs is terrifying.

youre just not old enough to have had enough time transcend this particular trait of your oppression. the "im too smart to be happy" bit goes away once you get a few miles into self liberating. you learn how to make yourself happy, but the idiots youre surrounded by dont stop sucking, especially now when theyre all radical leftist ideologues whove been manipulated by a political population who doesn't recognize reason and logic as valid modes of interpreting the world but rather as oppressive power politics.

I pretty much always assume people know better than me and are smarter than me when I first meet them. While getting to know them better and talking to them I slowly begin to feel equal and I usually end up thinking that they're not very intelligent.

I can still relate to what you wrote but it's kind of weird for me. I also think it's reasonable to consider "normies" who usually just follow what is popular and the status quo less intelligent in comparison to someone who has original ideas and thoughts backed by well reasoned arguments.

literally me

I've had a kindle for three years, no problems. I download everything online. Sometimes the format is wrong, but since I'm pirating the books anyway, I can't really complain. Buy a stiff back case for the kindle, and it should be fine, unless you do stupid shit like sit on your backpack.