Silicon-based life forms

Are silicon-based life forms even possible? While Si and C are fairly similar, for some reason all the life forms on Earth are C based. Why are there no Si based life forms?

Other urls found in this thread:

odditycentral.com/pics/the-trovants-of-costesti-romanias-unique-growing-rocks.html
odditycentral.com/news/japanese-professor-claims-that-crows-respect-written-do-not-enter-signs.html#more-58256
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Silicon doesn't seem to react with other elements as readily as carbon.

>implying that Silicon based life forms did not exist billions of years ago and coexist with carbon based life, but in a brutal and savage competition, carbon based lifeforms evolutionarily surpassed silicon life, forcing them to have to hide for billions of years.

>Implying that now silicon based life forms haven't evolved to be today entirely parasitic

>Implying that there is not a silicon based parasite today that infects the minds of doctors and controls them so that they can persuade other people to willingly take in the offspring of the silicon parasite in the form "implants".

>Implying that today there aren't millions of humans with silicon "implants" and that the silicon mastermind isn't just waiting for the number to be big enough so that he can turn those baby parasites on and start a nuclear war against us carbon humans so that then the silicon parasites will rule the universe

>Implying they won't win

David Icke?

Something to do with orbitals I learnt about it in physics

Really makes you think

>implying that Hillary does not have implants somewhere and that the democratic party and the entire left is made entirely of silicon controlled zombies

>Donald J. Trump literally saved the universe by winning

there are dozens of really bad sci-fi novels with that plot already.

Turn this into a novel please

Imagine a world with more silicon than carbon, where carbon is extremely rare but silicon is abundant so life chooses silicon instead of carbon for life.

Oh wait, you live on one and carbon is still the only choice. The likelihood of silicon replacing carbon for lifeforms is probably 0

That isn't life

Doesn't Si have lower bonding energies than carbon, requiring low T? Or it's the other way round.

Cancer.

t. Silicon zombie

Silicon is tetravalent like carbon. But, it does not form the variety of covalent bonds that carbon does, its bonds do not have the reactive polarity of many of carbon's covalent bonds.

Silicon is good for making rocks, but it's not suited to the sort of complex structures that you need for life.

Makes for great /scifi/, if there was such a board, but not for making life on Veeky Forums.

FUCKING COMPUTERS

Si doesn't have the capability of combinations like C, I'm chemical engineer, but I believe life isn't possible with Si.

I'm not a...

So why the fuck would silicon lifeforms parasitize humans if they are based on silicon? Why wouldn't they just eat dirt or rocks? These are primarily composed of silicon

They require electric current to function and we are providing it freely.

SYMBIOSIS

>Hillary
>Trump
Life is good, user.
Get one.

WE WUZ GEOLOGY N SHEIT

Long silicon chains are impossible and Si-Si bonds hydrolyze and oxidize readily

fuck off back to

Hillary and Trump made me have less faith in humanity.

so the odds of finding non-carbon life in the universe is near zero?

>for some reason all the life forms on Earth are C based.
...no shit?

Next you'll wonder why all petrochemicals are oil based.

Uhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh Okkkkkkk.... humans make fuck all in the way of electric current. Humans make so little electric current that special superconducting detectors inside magnetically shielded rooms must be used to even detect such things.

What you said is incredibly fucking dumb

>doesn't get a joke
>calls me dumb

In fact it went so far over your head I'm surprised you can even read at all.

Don't go down a whole row, just go to one side, or the other.

That wasn't a very funny joke

if i fuck a silicon based life will it still be as pleasurable?

I think you mean siliconE.

it was and you're a fucking autist. don't comment on humor and ask people if they're being sarcastic about anything.

Silicon dioxide is a rock, unlike carbon dioxide. Many other problems of this sort!

double bond rule

DELETE THIS NOW
YOU PUT US IN DANGER

SHUTDOWN Veeky Forums
NOOOOOW
O
O
O
O
O
W

the growing travant balls of romania are considered silica life forms. if you look at tessellated rock or underground waterways they resemble ganglia. is the rock considered living? yes, it has a spirit and a driving force

*trovant

thats not life tho

well ya it is if it grows and moves einstein

>well ya it is if it grows and moves einstein
doesn't consume other living matter.

how is a silica life form going to consume matter

dunno but that's not a living organism.

yes it is, moreover the spirit ben ben was known to manifest itself into a rock. igenous rock can induce a paragamegtic flow and can act as a transducer depending on its quartz crystal content.

perhaps to a silica life form we do not constitute life

What the fuck are you smoking?

Explain yourself and deliver credible sauce hollandaise.

>spirit
Brainlet confirmed

The rocks don't adapt to their environment or react to stimuli; they just grow when it rains. No scientist thinks that these rocks are a form of life.

you're a low IQ troglodyte. fuck off back to /x/ or plebbit or whatever shithole you came from.

odditycentral.com/pics/the-trovants-of-costesti-romanias-unique-growing-rocks.html

weed
oh they grow when it rains, i didnt know that. geologists are bewildered, weatherologists denounce it
yup, i possess great knowledge from reading diligently and taking notes

odditycentral.com/news/japanese-professor-claims-that-crows-respect-written-do-not-enter-signs.html#more-58256

yep, that's /x/ as fuck. but that crow story cracked me up. maybe it's a satire/comedy site or something.

still not a funny joke.

so if a new planet was found and life was confirmed and you were market making a betting line for carbon vs silicon life form, you would offer 1000-1 for silicon? dont think so

Did you even get it? Explain it to us.

Has mankind found all elements? Is it possible for there to be additional elements silicon can react with?

Isnt entire Veeky Forums autistic?