Virtual immortality via medical nanobots when?

Virtual immortality via medical nanobots when?

Read around and maybe you'll see that this is unlikely
Or I am wrong

I was under the impression the body needs little stressors

can't I just stick to my hyperimagitive unrealistic futurist beliefs and ignore scientific research and "realism"?

Often ignorance, optimism and hope is more adaptive

After we determine how to do diamonoid mechanosynthesis or a similar scalable atomically precise manufacturing process

I give it 500 years.

It will be discovered and made instantly available to everyone the exact day after you die.

Technology+biology disgusts me.

Why can't we be a purely biological species based on super advanced biological features?

That would be technology though.

>you will never become the embodiment of biomechanical perfection

just kill me now senpai

immortality can only be accomplished by ditching flesh for machines.

B-but I like my flesh.

Flesh is objectively better for self-repair, just need to smooth out all the self-repair bugs that lead to cancershit

>That would be technology though.

Not in the sense of the word as he is describing, which is consistent with typical public perception of transhumanism.

Stupid weeaboo and your stupid cartoons.

But if you have nanomachines then machines could self repair.

Cells cant exist forever thus you cant exist forever retard.

then just get new cells, problem solved you ultimate tard

You are your cells retard.

That fact is well known. All material in the human body is regenerated such that virtually no atoms that were once a part of your body are still part of it. This process takes approximately 7 years.

You may now have a ship of Theseus existential crisis.

>muh ship of theseus

Existential crises tend to arise from considering your materials to be yourself.

Never because your cells will still age, you would probably get really sick from your immune system always fighting/reacting to the nanobots, and your immune system itself would grow weaker with time from never training to fight off attackers. The one day your nanobot subscription wears off, or you forget to pay your bills, you're getting anally raped by the common cold.

That's the mostly exterior when talking about skin, hair, nails, etc. People don't grow new neurons in old age. If we did, we'd just scoop people's brains out and keep them alive in vats.

>People don't grow new neurons in old age
If you put those neurons in an environment

If you had a way to put all those neurons in an environment conducive to growth, probably with the supplementation of certain transcription factors, they probably would.

In any case, hematopoietic stem cells and their subsequent progenitors are the best candidates for exploring cell immortality. Of course, all this a distant second to cancer cells.

>If you put those neurons in an environment
>If you had a way to put all those neurons in an environment

you also caught me between two different lines of thinking. behold the slight polymorphism at the surfaces of entirely unique trains of thought

>that arm hair

absolutely disgusting

>doesn't like a little hair on his women
wew lad, did you just roll in from faggot town?

January 1st, 2045.

Yea but mechanical parts are easily replaceable. Getting a new arm would be like changing the tires of your car

Probably about 10-20 years after pic related becomes possible to manufacturer on a large scale.

the elite will use the nanobots to take over the world and turn us into zombie slaves before liquidating us once we are no longer useful