Multiverse

Let´s pretend for one moment that the theory of multiverse is true.
There is a universe where Freddie Mercury is still alive and singing.
If for some reason somebody figures out how to travel between universes, nobody would travel to a universes where Freddie is dead.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=vDmMnSKEYnI
youtube.com/watch?v=HTCjTFZwBt4
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Feddie Mercury only ever existed in this universe. Somewhere else, Schmeddie Mercury never stopped singing.

There is also a universe in which Hitler won WW2. Not only that but also exterminated all Jews, mudslimes, and niggers, also in this universe humanity is far more advanced than we currently are and have 1 world government and are already colonising Mars and the Moon.

I'm packing.

>There is a universe where Freddie Mercury is still alive and singing.
This makes no sense. The initial parameters of our big bang or whatever have lead to exactly this universe, it would be impossible to change a tiny thing so that the universe would be exactly the same except Freddie Mercury doesn't die. The planet earth probably wouldn't even be there.

multiverse =/= many-worlds

No. But there can exist universe (or many of them) where there's almost no dark matter.

there is no multiverse dumbfuck
if it was it was

there's supposedly an universe where OP isn't a huge fag with Freddies dick up his bumhole, but we can't prove that, now can we

Implying the Germans had any amount of resources close enough to conquer the world. They couldn't even fight a war on 2 fronts where one front was shitty for both opponents so it was more like 1.5 fronts. In no universe would they have won the war.

I wish /r/science/ memers would shut the fuck up about things they only understand through science fiction.

"understand"

Not possible. Confusion about MWI and Multiverse theory not withstanding, when people say that "all possible histories and futures are true" they're not saying "all histories and futures are true." Freddie Mercury in any timeline will still get AIDS and die because our actions are still deterministic. He would still be a cock hungry man in an area where the AIDS epidemic was afflicting cock hungry men and thus would still acquire AIDS more likely than not. Just like there's not going to be any universes where Hitler is a saint or a universe where you're not a failure.

>determinismfag
>missunderstanding statistics
>willing to discuss anything but copenhagen
Checks out, you're one of those interpretation fags, my guess would be Bohmianfag.
At least you acknowledge that multiverse is stringy, two points for that.
Anyway, at this point, it has been shown ad nauseam that copenhagen is the only consistent axiom system for QM. There's no place for any other interpretation, if you think there is, read undergrad text like Landau again until you finally understand.

Prove to me that our actions are indeterministic. It's already set in stone you can't refute me because you were born with such a simple mind. Not your fault.

Also I don't believe in MWI, as it's just trash written by popsci children who want to pretend that somewhere and somehow they're in a universe where they're important or a universe where everything they don't like doesn't exist. It's just wish fulfillment masturbation. I was just using it because I'm tired of people confusing it with the real Multiverse theory.

The very fact that QM is based on probability distributions means that it is impossible to predict evolution of a system. As for our actions, human brains are far too complex and chaotic to be predictable in any meaningful way. Also the buzzword quantum randomness isn't such a buzzword and even after decoherence, with systems as complex as our brain, you're left with some stochastic terms in the equation, the origin of these stochastic terms are quantum randomness.

>using the term "stochastic" pretentiously, and embarrassingly incorrectly

>confusing stochastic terms of QM with classical stochastic terms
>showing such blatant ignorance of QM
Pick up that Landau already, it's very clear textbook even for a brainlet like you.

>bumhole
Heh

You're living in the better universe. Freddie's later stuff gets really, really gay.

you say that, but we don't even know what quarks are made of to properly make a testible hypothesis. if we know what the smallest parts of our universe do, will we then have an answer?

what's wrong with gay?

yes

>If for some reason somebody figures out how to travel between universes
Not possible.

youtube.com/watch?v=vDmMnSKEYnI
youtube.com/watch?v=HTCjTFZwBt4

>As for our actions, human brains are far too complex and chaotic to be predictable in any meaningful way

No doubt it's very complex but it can be predictable. If you and another you who was identical in every way except they had poptarts for breakfast instead of pancakes were shot in the leg, you both would have the same general reaction. Sure, one of you might say "shit" and the other might say "fuck" but those are just expressions of the same thing. The only real difference between universes there can truly be in this context is if a different sperm hit the egg, resulting a different set of genes expressing themselves and having a different makeup. Our behaviors are little more than expressions of our genes anyway

>travel to a universes where
If travel between universes was possible, what would lead us to say they were different universes?
Everyone would be able to travel and pick and choose, and realities would homogenize into the same bland universe.

Wow congratulations, you just predicted reaction of every human. So easy, right? Well that's why i wrote in a meaningful way. Sure on some level, knowing that if you shoot someone, it hurts them might be useful, but you're pretty damn far from predicting for example what they will buy in a shop. And as for every chaotic system, as time goes on, your predictions become completely incorrect. In two universes where the only difference was what i have eaten at some points in time, you still wouldn't be able to predict such a trivial thing as when would i die or who would i fuck.
And that's a very bad way of thinking about multiverse, the differences between universes in multiverse are much more fundamental than that, you're looking at differences such as the geometry of the universe.
Behaviour is to some very small degree genetic, but the deciding factor is environment. So if by "little", you mean "much", you are correct.

You don't know OP, maybe that's the universe where you killed a toddler in a car crash.

>who would i fuck.

Yes I would, if I knew your tastes in partners and your social skills as they relate to acquiring them. Same thing applies to the shopping. If there was a universe where a man in China ate one more grain of rice than our universe with everything else remaining the same, that version of you wouldn't go "WOAH I FEEL INDETERMINISTIC NOW" and suddenly start drinking gasoline and fucking dogs because lol unpredictability; they would still have the same tastes and follow the same path. Conscious choice is an illusion

Multiverse bullshit is retarded. Here you go senpai: You live in one of the possible universes in which it is impossible to observe other universes or travel between universes. Now stop talking about meaningless kaballah nonsense and go do something useful.

Infinite

>Let´s pretend for one moment that the theory of multiverse is true.
infinitely many things being possible =/= everything being possible

There are infinitely many numbers between 0 and 1, but that does not mean every number you can think of is between 0 and 1. Even if we assume there are infinite possible worlds, that doesn't mean that any world you can conceive exists.

Why does he have that disgusting Pajeet moustache?

>Hating Indians
>Doesn't know about karma

Just because there could be an infinite number of universes doesn't mean every universe exists.

Proof: Suppose every conceivable universe exists. Then there exists a universe without multiverses. Contradiction. Hence some conceivable universe doesn't exist.

don't talk out of your ass

>Then there exists a universe without multiverses.
You don't even know how the multiverse cosmology works.

>i like to think about alternate present realities
pleb tier babby shit