Why is Rudin such a meme on this board? It's not even a good textbook

Why is Rudin such a meme on this board? It's not even a good textbook.

What do you consider a better textbook? Tao? Pugh?

What are better Alternatives for the Apostol & Rudin memes?

abbott is less dry

No, its the best textbook of the subject. A must have.

I'll check out.

>on this board
c'mon you may be right but rudin is the normiest of the normiest memes, assuming a math student can be called a normie

How About Barry Simon Comprehensive Course on Analysis?
Or Stein&Shakarchi Princeton Lectures in Analysis?

They look more advanced & for Graduate Students. Are also they useful (must-read) for undergrads?

They're amazing books, totally usable for senior undergrads

>Apostol
>meme

Honestly Spivak is the meme.

Eh. Depends on your definition of dry. It's definitely less dry than Rudin. He actually motivates the mathematics. But the tone is still academic.

>Rudin such a meme
Lrn2meme fgt pls

Have a look at Analysis I-III by H. Amann & J. Escher it is my favourite one. I also liked Analysis by L. Schwartz. Analysis by Zorich is considered to be good as well. Rudin is an outdated meme

You're only the 400th person to say this and I will disagree everytime. Is very comprehensive for its length and has good exercises. Who cares about the prose, its a textbook not young adult fiction, you should get used to it

lay seems pretty gentle.

if youre self studying, multiple texts of varying coverage and difficulty are always advisable.

>Why is OP such a faggot on this board?
shillposter, or shitposter?

I learned from Rudin. It's a great textbook.

How difficult is it to self tech yourself with book in OP pic? Also what is the prerequisite knowledge required?

cant find any torrents

:/

How much does Barry pay you to post this everyday shill?

You can find them on lib gen
They really are good books

>How much does Barry pay you to post this everyday shill?

Zero. & I pay Internet bills for post here.

I'm not a shill because I downloaded a PDF PIRATE book from Libgen.

Simon should be angry If he knew that most of his readers download a PIRATE pdf version of His books,

instead of buying a Physical Version of the Book.

Which one is best for selfstudy?

>instead of buying a Physical Version of the Book

With good reason, its expensive as fuck.

Do you know the /ic/ related "read Loomis" meme?

its the same shit here

>tao
it's just one big "left as an exercise". If the textbook doesn't tell you shit and you're supposed to figure out everything on your own then what's the purpose of that book?

>If the textbook doesn't tell you shit and you're supposed to figure out everything on your own then what's the purpose of that book?
brainlet, you learn by doing