Tfw Everyman's uses possibly the worst translation of Don Quixote but I bought it anyway because I'm loyal to the brand

>tfw Everyman's uses possibly the worst translation of Don Quixote but I bought it anyway because I'm loyal to the brand
Yolo.

I did this too. It was such a slog, but I doubt any others are better. It's just a dragging book, besides most of the second volume

>Reading a bad translation of Quixote
>2017
In the name of Dulcinea, what the fuck is your problem, you scum. Buy the Ormsby or the Rutherford translation, you dickhead.

>Not reading Grossman because you're some kind of alt-right dickhead
Ok.

It was literally FREE.

Someone had a mega link up, I enjoy the Grossman translation so far.

>tfw you just joined a secret Don Quixote reading club / discussion group on FB that's being lead by a former lit. prof of yours from undergrad
>tfw your hardcover copy of the Grossman translation is in the mail
>tfw you lost all your reaction images recently

Grossman and Rutherford translations are more or less interchangeable, no? Both are pretty good modern interpretations; however, the one thing I don't enjoy about Grossman's is how Sancho Panza's ass is called a "dun."

I haven't read her translation fully but I was once told that the only real difference between Rutherford's translation and hers are the small nitpicks like the one I stated.

Let me know, senpai.

I did this too.
I ended up reading the gutenberg version.

Smollett is the best and the funniest.

>uses possibly the worst translation
>but I bought it anyway because I'm loyal to the brand

lmfao.

fuckin rube.

Everyone knows Tom Lathrop is the best translator of Don Quixote

Was it good?

What is the closest Spanish to English translation of Don Quixote?

Even I'm loyal to the brand but I'm very particular in terms of translations.
I usually do a lot of research before buying classic books especially those which are translated from other language to English. I bought Tolstoy's work, the illiad and Odyssey, from Everyman' Library. It's my preferred brand for almost all classic English works.

Why they use this translation I don't know. Only one they can get to use?

>pretending you're this competent

>he doesn't defend his arbitrarily chosen translation like it was his sport team

Smollett master race

I was better than Everyman's that's for sure.

>defending a sport team

It irks me to no end that Everyman's got shilled by the P&V hype team instead of curating their own selection of translations.
The covers are Russian lit perfection and their quality is top notch but fuck it all why P&V

Referring to Dostoevsky here. Probably should have mentioned that

how do you know its bad tho?