Anyone else feel smart growing up because you were always the best in all of your classes...

Anyone else feel smart growing up because you were always the best in all of your classes, but as you got older you realized you were just surrounded by brainlets...

yes.
What situation better inspires you to perform well - working in an environment of dumber people or of equals?

I remember being in elementary school and I really couldn't understand why everyone else were so slow in learning and understanding stuff. Everything was so obvious to me, why wasn't it obvious to everyone else? I didn't really feel smart, just confused as to why other people weren't on my level.

I'm still surrounded by brainlets.
There's no escape when you're superior to everyone you meet

Yes, although I still think I am smarter than most in my class at uni.
Also, this

This.

I know I'm probably a big fish in a small pond, but I've been to plenty of conferences, lectures, universities, book launches, networking events and travelled the world... and it still seems as though most people are fucking retarded.

It's not even funny anymore.

Retards all the way, I don't think my self esteem could take being around non-brainlets

I thought I was surrounded by brainlets but then it happened to me...
The biggest brainlet...
It was me
I took a long good look in the mirror and there it was
There it was
I am not saying there might be bigger brainlets out there in the universe
What I am saying is, um, brainlets find a way

Wojak: I know that feel bro

You can't soar like an eagle if you fly with crows.

This.

It was pretty fucking alienating. Schools really need classes divided up among intellect levels. This whole "no child left behind" is dumbing shit down for everyone because little Timmy has an IQ of 65.

I agree. Even worse is that I live in Sweden, a country with a culture that looks down on academic achievement; a system with division of students acording to intellect will never happen here.

This
I realized i'm the brainlet

looks like my pokertracker graph back in the day

Don't you mean lil' Tyrone?

b-but das rayciss

someone beat me to it

So you got luck?

Felt that so hard, NCLB is bullshit

Not only does it force everything to be dumbed down and hold back those who can excel, but it makes those people so used to being surrounded by brainlets such that they're shocked if they finally get out of that shithole

my school did that
>grew up in affluent neighborhood, kids were expected to take 3 APs minimum before graduating
>standardized tests were considered brainlet tier, not even the asian kids in cram school studied for them. i legit passed the algebra test without knowing what the quadratic formula was
>school pushed for everyone to be accelerated and take at least 1-2 APs a year. only let you drop down if you were failing.
>the term "honor student" was so cheap that there were "super honor" students.
>you knew you were a brainlet if you weren't super honor tier.

it's fairly common around where i live for this to happen.

went to academically strong school, i was the bottom of my class.

only took 3 APs and have a brainlet sat score of 2000

Were any of you brainlets consider "Gifted and Talented?"

I was. lol

brainlettes

In engineering school and I STILL feel this way. It baffles me every day that these people were admitted.

If I hear
>oh man, this class is so hard! I stayed up all night studying and only got a 50% on the exam because I'm a fucking retard
one more time then I'm going to rip a head off I swear to FUCK.

Those more skilled than me

You don't segregate students based on ability? That's stupid. In the UK this is standard.

Whois the grothendick of ladel theory?

Agreed so hard. I wanted to make friends, but the other kids just weren't interesting and I didn't know why. I remember being really depressed through elementary (suicidal in 4th grade) because I thought the teachers were mocking me or something. We went over simple materials over and over and over... Anyways I've learned it's better to just tell yourself you like interacting with regular people— you'll be happier that way.