>age
>location
>what are you currently writing

Other urls found in this thread:

pastebin.com/Mm1HsHKT
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Moscow
I recently lost my keys, which inspired me to write a short story about a man who became obsessed with collecting 'valuable litter' such as lost keys, receipts, photographs, USB-drives etc.

>20
>France

Something about a sculptor who uses a man's corpse as model for a statue, and a boy's frustrating infatuation with it.

Canada
Sonnets

>22
>DC
>Short story on Adam and Eve

23 america

i have many ideas and one of them is a story about a girl who is a used up basket case and an opiate addict who eventually ends up having an emotional breakdown, fails a suicide attempt and proceeds to take a tepid dive into madness

somewhere along the line she convinces herself she is infact a succubus from hell after a series of platonic and meaningless sexual relationships, and then she forms a bond with an epileptic therapist

something like that

>22
>central Illinois
>shit i need to start writing

>41
>Kentucky
>a religious fiction piece depicting the devil as a protagonist wandering a ruined, post revelation landscape in the company of strange but vibrant characters to discover his true purpose. (Via run on sentences)

london
i am writing this sentence

23. 24 in May.

The United Kingdom.

Short story compilations. I've finished working on novels, they're not as much fun. I've got loads of them unfinished, but have lost interest and enjoyment in them.
I've made just over twenty five short stories so things are pretty alright.
My first novel made me around a hundred quid and I turned my second novel into a serial that I release episodically.
I've got 5,000 website hits so that's pretty nice, and I'm releasing a book on Amazon through KDP in March now that they're doing paperbacks so things are going pretty well

>26
>brooklyn
>blood meridian

>18
>tiny euro shithole
>Nothing atm, though I finished a story yesterday and sent it to my prof for a competition. That was the first story I ever wrote completely. Now I'm toying with some other ideas, but don't feel a particular urge to write them down right now.

it's been done

>but vibrant

How süß

>24
>USA
>my schedule for tomorrow.

19 USA

novel: DON DELILLO - AMERICANA

poetry: Emily Dickinson complete poems

queue:

Cormac McCarthy - Blood Meridian

Virginia Woolf - The Voyage Out

Yukio Mishima - Confessions of a Mask

>19
>midwest
>speculative fiction about the commoditization of friendship and love

>24
>Michigan

Trying to get into the habit of writing in a journal every day. Also trying to break out of this writing block I've been burdened by for the last couple of years. Some short stort ideas: Kafkaesque dream thing about a ten-year-old driving a car, a drunk father cutting his daughter's hair with a pair of metal shears heated on a stove burner while her brother—pretending to be asleep—listens, a man on his deathbed, fully content and ready to pass on, realizing that he forgot to erase his computer's history/hard drive; and something about a kid at his grandpa's funeral, a mobile home church, and snake bites.

I'm awful at thinking plots through and developing characters. I'll just get these single images and a vague meaning I want to convey and I don't know what to do with them.

>come to Veeky Forums thread about what we're writing
>read two posts of people who clearly misread
>they post what they're 'reading'
>we're in the fucking literature section of an imageboard

oh my god kill me jesus christ just fuck my face

this, desu

>>Argentina
>Egil Skallagrimsson saga

middle-aged, canada
spiritual, social and nutritional--3 books

you're...almost still babbies

>23
>Miami
A story about a swan in a plague, personification nonetheless. His mother died due to being infected(however the young-ling never sees her die) and he is born alone, and unbeknownst to him he is actually the plague carrier, killing everyone he loved dearly.

NJ
Obsessing over a short story about an android woman who works as a mechanic in a grungy, semi-futuristic city. She was found "deactivated" by a fatherly pipe worker, but even 20+ years after he rescued her, he refuses to tell her where she was found. Afraid of the truth he's protecting her from, she investigates the possibility that she was a "used-up" prostitute before being left for dead.

Initially it was going to be more noir (a la Bladerunner), but it's since turned into some kind of drama/maternal love story.

Texas, USA
a bunch of decent stuff that I won't commit to

Santa Barbara
A man being put to death because of ignorance

Youngs like young adult fiction

Can you post what you've written so far user?

>19
>Wagga Wagga
>My diary is the best

>27
>germany
>sort of chuck-palahniuk esque kinda post apocalypse world?
The year and what happened is never really explained, but the human population is way, way down, so there's just a bunch of people doing whatever they want.
The story is kind of a road trip story, about a bunch of young adults fucking around and taking drugs and finding a place in a pointless world.

I haven't quite figured out what the point is, but I do know the ending...

So the rich live in this giant chalice city, and the end is that the mc sits on a cliff and watches the chalice self destruct.

The end is actually why I started writing it. I dreamt it, and I really loved it.

If anyone wants to read the end, here it is:
pastebin.com/Mm1HsHKT

>24
>Yermany
>my master's thesis

>it's a fbi spook is gathering data because everyone is behind proxy these days threads
>gullible pseudo elites fall for it

M-Miami bro?

>20
>Argentina
>Love letter to my gf

a candle

>24
>UK

Autistic spacemen with home made ray guns and flashy super-weapons battling a corrupt corporate state, and also each other aboard a decaying space colony.

I'm looking to marry pulpy violence and intrigue to a narrative about social alienation and the struggle between the protagonist's destructive freedom seeking Id and deeply conformist appearance motivated Ego.

In the end the Super-ego sides with the Id and the protagonist betrays his would-be allies, spurning his lover, a femme fatale terrorist mastermind after she tries to rope him into a suicide mission that would kill everyone on board the station.

In the end he kills her and escapes by hijacking a spacecraft, but the plan is still executed by her lieutenants and the station explodes as he flies away.

That's pretty cool, I'd read a story about that.

>20
>Indiana
>Story about unrequited love, disillusionment as well as degradation.

Long Island

A hobo sleeps through alien takeover of the earth and is woken by a fairy. The fairy makes the hobo makes him join the resistance and they both discover they're fictional characters in a book written by someone very similar to Chris Chan.

kys

Arlington Texas
Writing something about a person whose reality is just watching a computer screen in a dark room. If he can pull away from it he can exist in his reality, however if he can't stop from watching it, then it takes over his mind and he begins to think whatever is playing on the screen is his life.

i like this one

That's my hobby, or rather it's something I do compulsively but pretend I have control over

>Kafkaesque

Please hang yourself again, David.

>18
>Maine
writing a story where this guy has been deprived of women, and is tired of it. He is a freshmen and college at this point. He makes a bet with his friend so he has a deadline. He hits it off with the girl, and things seem good. But the girl was hiding something the whole time, the fact that she was a transgender. This won't be a story where its like "oh haha turns out she has a dick but nothing changed right? you were able to have this love so what is the problem?" Actually, the main character is going to freak the fuck out and beat the shit out of "her". I mean come on, the dude thought he finally hit it off with a woman, but finds out that whole time it wasn't a woman. Oh and that bet he initially made with his friend, the consequence for not getting a girlfriend in time was that he would have to order a tranny prostitute and kiss it.

i already have a title, it's 'Life Succs'

>not catering to the fetishes of the masses for a profit margin

it's like you don't know what bioware is

>21
>Melbourne
>nothing

>19
>Pennsyltucky

girl gets abducted and sold on the black market to a team of assassins with special powers. Its either join them or be killed.

if you replace the assassins with ISIS you might have something there

the only special power isis has is blind faith tho

emphasis on "writing"
it's a bunch of jumbled text messages and draft i thought of on a whim when my friend wanted me to tell her a story
i can sum it up but unfortunately it's just forced adjectives added into simple sentences

>32
>Ohio
>A thank you card

>25
>Colorado
>Theoretical argumentative essay on the topic of flying cars

>over 9000
>namek
>this post

Heh. Heh heh. Silly cute doggy tryinda eat rainbows.

I do this. I have a couple pictures I found, and a birth certificate someone forgot in my dad's house. It's the best. I also stole the hyoid bone off a skeleton because I was too chicken shit to steal the hand like I wanted. I got a book where someone obviously used to practice the language, because there's a lot of notes in a different language along the side. I have a book with a little note on the inside "for your birthday", etc. I love these things. Little reminders that all these strangers are living whole lives entirely separate from you.

>35
>Texas
>debord as genre fiction

*Yann Tiersen starts playing*

USA
Italian historical fic about a guildhall under construction that is occupied by something monstrous during a storm and must be cleared out by hired condottieri. This reveals a conspiracy about the treacherous patrons, who attempt to have these men killed.

>19
>USA
>undead man with pica tries to stay sane and not get burned by peasants
bad summaries

Toronto
Corporate Blog

Meet me at TCU and let's share ideas.

Germany
An essay about the black plague and a little Sci-Fi Story.

>19
>Amsterdam
>A short story about a boy, who interprets reappearing signs as a command to murder his brother, who still in a crib.

>23
>USA (Oregon)
Creative nonfiction about my shitty life.

Not sure if bait

Atlanta
Middle grade historical fiction

US (MA)
Paper on Kant's 'I think'

How can you tell he's an idiot? Oh wait, YOU CAN'T!

I can, however, tell you're an idiot - as you've foolishly insulted someone you know next to nothing about, and had the gall to post an image revealing your weab status while doing it.

SHUT. THE. FUCK. UP.

>triggered by pseuds

>26
>New Jersey
A man who has given up on his college major is gambling away pieces of his coming-of-age money in scratch-off tickets. On his way back to his dorm building, he finds an ambulance carrying away his dormmate, who was bleeding out right in front of the main entrance.

He then gets a sudden daydream of his father dying over the last 24 hours up to that point in time, and then finds himself living a 24-hour loop. His dormmate's murderer is the protag's younger brother, who was waiting for the protag to stop him just so he can explain the nature of the loops (after which he'll stop killing his dormmate).

>22
>central Iowa
>shit, same

Why is the midwest so uninspiring?

>19
>Alabama
>I'm trying to build a science fantasy setting. It's really fucking hard, and I'm beginning to realize why no one ever put swords, sorcery, and space travel together like this.

whats wrong with it? sounds kinda interesting

>18 (as of yesterday, been posting for 3 years tho)
>New York
>a collection of sonnets about my feelings

Short fiction and creative nonfiction
Ohio

post immedaite

no, donn;t say that!

I think it's an interesting idea.

>i am kafka reincarnated

send me a peak

that's why I wanna read it. santa barbara seems like the last of all the places such a thing could occur. Inn N Out burger, you know?

fair enough

San Francisco
story about a man and a shaman

fair enough? what are we arguing about?

your crimes, user. please come this way.

Northern California
The second book in my epic saga.

where, Eureka?

>25
>Pittsburgh

Writing a neo-noir set in rural Kentucky in the 90's about the rise of the heroin epidemic.

r-really? if it's 50-50 between killing myself and continuing, I guess I'll keep going since I'm too much of a pussy.
I've been writing it as a joke hoping and get it published to mess with soccer moms. Call it something like "my life with and triumph over autism" to trick them into thinking it's a Temple Grandin novel and shock them with South Park humor. I swear people give any garbage a pass just because it was made by someone with autism. . .

Pittsburgh
I write jokes

>25
>New Zealand
>I'm wavering between two projects. One is science fiction, the other is contemporary fantasy.

Do any stand-up?

>age
>location
San Francisco
>what are you currently writing
Short story about a physician in the early 1900s inspecting a number of asylums looking for an inmate that supposedly has a connection to a grisly series of murders and a religious movement embroiling the urban poor.

Rate my idea m8s.

Both sound incredibly dull

some, yeah. Not very good though

Canada
Tortilla's Suttree

Sounds interesting desu, please finish it!

Thanks senpai, just started last week.
I've been doing the edits on my last book for about two months now so I'm really looking forward to moving on to something new.

Reykjavik
Shitposts for a Canadian shilling bee

>25
>NYC
>short story about a crisis PR firm that charges $80k/hour and the owner is the biggest piece of shit on the planet
>short story about a kid with ADHD in stream of consciousness style

>Reykjavik

Why is everything in Iceland so expensive? Also, what's up with your rotten dried shark dish?