Do you buy graphic novels in e-book form or print?

Do you buy graphic novels in e-book form or print?

no

I don't buy graphic novels at all.

Mostly print.

Was re-reading Maus the other day in a bootleg pdf.

The feels in more than a few parts of Black Hole are kind of unbearable.

Where do you put a guy like Charles Burns on the artist scale? That's like a calculus problem I can't begin to solve.

I read Maus my freshman year of High School, some random senior gave it to me out of nowhere. Was a great read, thanks for reminding me to reread it.

i pirate them and put them on my ipad

Who even reads "graphic novels"?

Who doesn't?

for one, adults

Charles Burns is amazing. Black Hole is a stellar piece of contemporary absurdist/surreal fiction imo ;)

Anyone read Goodnight Punpun? I've been reading the English volumes. Punpun is also pretty remarkable.

comics cost too much of a fortune for a poorfag like me

Yeah. And then if you can even afford them you begin to amass them and shelving then becomes an issue because they just gotta be nice pristine artifacts.

>graphic novels

*tips fedora*

>graphic novels

>don't be a square
>draws imaginary rectangle

this always got to me for some reason

I did. It was a good read.

Print.

I usually read things online for free first, then if I get nostalgic for them later I'll buy a hard copy; I also often buy wads of random cool looking back issues from the bargain bin to read in hopes of discovering hidden gems.

I need to buy the newest volumes out, thanks for reminding me. I read the entire series online as it was being released but I like Asano's work a lot. You should read A Girl on the Shore.

Print. You notice a big difference in detail if an artist cares about that you won't see in e-book format if your eyes aren't well adjusted.

Oh I plan to check out all of this guy's stuff. I hear good things about Solanin, and I'll definitely move A Girl on the Shore up due to your recommendation.

You guys are misfiring on this meme, fedoras are pseudo-intellectual elitists that read over their level in order to fake intelligence. Veeky Forums is packed with them. Graphic novels, literary classics, genre fiction, etc is what normal human beings read.

Download it. All my life I've been downloading it.

>mfw people call their comic books "graphic novels"

just call them by their proper name and stop caring about what other people think.

I do think the name graphic novel is an attempt to separate the "adult comics" from the "child comics", in particular the superhero subgenre, because we all know comics as a medium gets a lot of prejudice while others mediums with as much crap as comics (ex:books) get an intellectual status.

>I hear good things about Solanin

It's good. Very comfy, funny, and sad.

Black Hole is outstanding.

I came across it in my "give comics a chance" period a while back. While I didn't stick with the medium, that one is a very biting coming of age story that I would unhesitatingly recommend to anyone.

Also Epileptic by David B.

Gonna wishlist this. Never heard of it.

for manga, I installed an app that downloads them from various websites

Black Hole, especially toward the ending, touched some spot of unease and bleakness that I really haven't found in much other literature.

>redefining fedoras to exclude himself
>saying "graphic novels" in non-satiric context

I read graphic novels. You read comics. He reads picture books. I am superior.

>buying anything in e-book form

Is generation Y so attention deprived that they need a device with a plastic screen for everything, even the most basic activities?