What is it about math, physics and philosophy that attracts so many autists?

What is it about math, physics and philosophy that attracts so many autists?

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Asperger_syndrome
verywell.com/what-is-severe-autism-260044
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

A more interesting question is what's with that huge 3 point gap between physics and math?

That's another good question. I always assumed that math took more originality.

(OP) Because

While Philosophy requires Very High Verbal IQ / the Highest Verbal Reasoning GRE Scores
&

While Math requires Very High Math IQ /
the 2nd Highest Quantitative GRE Scores after Physics
(followed by ChemicalE, MaterialsE & ElectricalE, MechanicalE & Baking/Finance)

Physics Requires both High Math & Verbal IQ / High Quantitative + High Verbal reasoning GRE Scores
(followed by English, History, Art History, Religion & Physics)

That's make Physics stand out when combining Verbal + Math IQ / GRE

It's rather simple. The master race is attracted to the master disciplines.

Can someone explain to me why materials is supposed to be so complicated? I'll probably start studying it this year and I am but a brainlet with a mere 120 IQ.

I don't know why but I noticed that Materials Engineering:

It's very easy, less competitive & filled with Brainlets in Undergraduate College.

It's very hard, very competitive & filled with Genius in Graduate School.

That's perhaps because Graduate Material Engineering accepts students from other Undergrad College Majors such Chemistry, Physics & Chemical Engineering.

It feels good to be the master race.

IQ tells us little about autism, but I think you know that. Just would like to point out that Simon Baron-Cohen did research on autism and occupations.
Sadly I can't seem to find it anymore but what I remember is that autism is common with engineers and was lowest for biologists.

The biologist bit fascinated me. Are they the most normal or might they have something else, dare I say it, an underdiscovered type of autismo?

Autists thrive where structured language acquisition is a pattern of establishing authority.

There is no such thing as autism. It's an outlier phenotype where certain traits are pushed to extremes. To say there is something sui generis about people with "autism" is the same as saying there is something sui generis about very tall people, or very fast people, or people with very big hands and so on. Autism is nothing like gigantism even.
Autism is largely not functionally impairing except when it is "co-morbid" with a low IQ, suggesting that the impairment autistics suffer is not due to autism.

Does anyone need to wonder why psychology is the butt joke of the sciences (outside risible domains like sociology and anthropology, which are now just political propaganda machines)?

chemists are brainlets though according to the chart.

This

Is Elon Musk autist?
If he is why doesn't he go bat shit racist about niggers who bullied him in school?
If you become rich like him would you not speak out against those who fucked you when you were young?

Autist is just the new slang around here for an intelligent person.

>What is it about math, physics and philosophy that attracts so many autists?

counterpoint:
Why are so many brainlets upset about not being smart enough for math, physics and philosophy?

>Autist is just the new slang around here for an intelligent person.
I figured, I find it interesting how autism and variants like autistic have diversified in so many uses
It means everything from social loser, to odd, to nerd, to actual autism and what you just said

I used it myself to describe games or systems that are repetitive and predictable

Well, in my experience, I have only EVER seen autist described as a good thing here. On literally every other part of the internet, autist is generally an insult.

However, I think during my first week browsing Veeky Forums, I saw a post that said:

>Which one are you, Veeky Forums?
>Brainlet: (List of majors)
>King of Brainlets: (List of majors)
>Junior Autist: (List of majors)
>True Autist: (List of majors)
>Mega Autist: (List of majors)
>The God "Autismo": (List of majors)

It was pretty funny.

>On literally every other part of the internet, autist is generally an insult.
And in real life, though someone in class used it differently; she said that grammar mistakes make her autistic
Linguistics is fun

I'm temporarily working in a physics lab in the material science department, and I haven't noticed any particular difference in difficulty. However my guess would be that it attracts a pretty broad crowd and requires a relatively wide berth of information to actually do. The gammut of knowledge is obviously huge in materials so at a grad level it likely only attracts people who are very passionate about it, maybe? My lab, for instance, is working with fluids, microstructures, electrodynamics, and a whole host of other physics, chemistry, and engineering problems. We often have to deal with turbulence, electric and magnetic fields, geometry, and chemical properties. The lab above me does theoretical computational physics and their work looks nothing like ours at all -- yet it still falls under the banner of material science.

I dunno. I'm just spitballing here. It could absolutely just be coincedence as well as I really don't feel like it's any more difficult than any other field.

So are Chemists Brainlets?

Are Chemist Brainlets when compared with Chemical Engineers?

Chemical engineering programs are notoriously difficult. Not abstract/theoretical difficult, but workload + absurd levels of complexity in the seemingly basic task of modeling shit going through a pipe difficult.

u might be onto something my schnitzel

This chart says nothing about the IQs of grad students. These are just prospective grad students. The ones who actually get accepted could be quite a bit higher.

>be me
>have an immeasurably high verbal IQ (perfect verbal GRE/SAT; hit the score ceiling on the verbal portion of an actual IQ test)
>have dyscalculia, so my ability to do manipulate numbers in a time-efficient manner is fucked
>kept in shit-tier math classes all through high school
>unable to get into a decent science or engineering program, despite deep conceptual understanding, due to lack of strong test scores in math
>become a successful science journalist instead

Schizoid personality, atleast for theoretical work, same goes for most math and physics "autists". They have autistic thinking but not autism, it's like being able to reason with fantasy.

Too much of a brainlet to study sociology, I see. I guess you'll never learn critical post-structural Marxist intersectionalist race-theoretic gender theory. Sucks to be you.

Is GRE really a good estimate?

javascript:quote('9016415');

The verbal portion is a better estimate than the quantitative portion, since it's more closely correlated with IQ. Overall, the correlation is about the same as the SAT, which is .82 to .84. An official IQ test is .9 to .95.

There are 2 types of Autistic people:
Type 1 -> High to Average IQ = Asperger / Aspie = Genius Autistic.
>en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Asperger_syndrome
Type 2 -> Low to Average IQ = Severe Autism = Dumb Autistic = Just plain Retarded.
>verywell.com/what-is-severe-autism-260044

Because be an Autistic means that regardless of Intelligence someone has Very Low EQ

Lacking: Social Skills, Charisma, Leadership, Extroversion, Empathy, Emotional Intelligence, Motor Skills, Sport Fitness, Attractiveness, Chadiness, Be a Alpha.

EQ is highly valued by Normies (those who are not Autistic)

So Autistic are those who have poor social skills & introverted by defaults

So If Normies (Liberal Arts people) have low IQ & EQ.
Aspergers (Genius Autistic) have high IQ but low EQ
Retarded (Dumb Autistic) have low IQ & EQ.

Where are those who have both High IQ
(Intelligence) & High EQ (Extroverted)?

The Answer is simple: Those Who go to Ivy League tier University then become:

Lawyers, Medical Doctors, CEOs, Financial Analysts, Top Bankers, Top Government Officers, Top Military Officers, etc.

And Where Genius Autistic go?

They Go to either Math, Physics, Chemistry, Engineering, Economics, Computer Science & some Biological research fields (except perhaps Medicine)

Genius Autistic = High IQ but low EQ = Asperger / Aspie go to STEM (except Medicine) or Economics

Chad & Genius = High IQ & High EQ = Ivy League Tier Medical, Law, Wall Steet, CEOs, Top Government, Top Military.

Retarded regardless of level of Autism = Low IQ regardless of the level of EQ = Become Janitor, Blue Collar Workers, Salesman, etc.

EQ isn't a real thing. I'm pretty sure it was just invented so that women could claim to be good at something

This just confirms the point in this post AQ and EQ questionnaires merely measure aspects of the Big5 personality traits. "Autism" is something like extremely high introversion combined with extremely low agreeableness.

>tfw watching a non-autistic person ineffectively communicate with animals

honestly it's like they have no awareness at all

>muh IQ