Some friend of mine bought me these babes for my birthday, how should I cook them?

some friend of mine bought me these babes for my birthday, how should I cook them?

what's it like in australia?

in the microwave on high for 30 minutes

in what world does a friend buy you raw steaks as a birthday present

>86.75

>Wal Mart
>$209/kg
u wot? I thought walmart was meant to be cheap?

Let them steam in the trash can all wekk so you don't forget to toss them out on sunday.

Those are like 5 months expired

what are you, poor?

which part of australia speaks spanish and has walmart

NEET bux doesn't pay me enough to afford meat like that.

>those depressing ribeyes

i'm sorry, man. here's a picture of some good ones so that you will know what you're missing out on.

is this the so called kobe beef?

>proceeds to cook them til well done

wagyu.. it's jap cows bred with black angus. a5 grade, like $600 for the entire ribeye wholesale price.

sous vide at 130 degrees for 1.5 hours with a generous amount of salt/pepper/butter/garlic/thyme and a little bit of honey.

people say sous vide is a meme but those people have never had perfectly rendered ribeye; the fat is honestly the best part of the steak when it's processed correctly

Butter removes flavor from sous video meat

how do you figure?

>people say sous vide is an element of a culture or system of behaviour passed from one individual to another by imitation or other non-genetic means.
To be honest, I think it's just you.

right.. so we're in agreement that it isn't a meme.

fucking 86 dollars for two steak and tehy aren't even aged and have terrible marbling

>doesnt even sear the steak for dat dere maillard

>130 degrees

this kills the steak

of course you sear it for the fucking maillard, nigger.. it's just done at 130 to temp it to rare while completely rendering the fat/breaking down the connective tissue.

it's at 130 for 90 minutes.

eat it raw with unchopped garlic cloves while dipping your balls in milk and your dick in a raw egg salad you flame phaggot

They have giant rats that kick box and store their babies in their front pockets and their alligators have stoopid long noses.

With a calculator

why dont you calculate the force at which my balls will slap against you chin as you try to figure out why butter would negate from the flavor of a heavily marbled steak?

I've done that. Me and my friends are all basically poor, so a good cut of meat is appreciated.

For my last birthday my closest friends bout me a bunch of lamb (I love lamb). Lamb shoulder, a couple racks, a couple shanks and a shit ton of stew meat. I was in heaven.

Last august; for my best friend's birthday I got him the best porterhouse I could find and a well aged blue cheese. He brought me a leftover piece to taste and he cooked it amazingly.

Anyways I'm rambling at this point, but IMHO good meat is a wonderful gift. Then again I was raised by a great meat cutter so maybe I'm odd.

If you have the equipment, sous vide. Otherwise, there's nothing quite like grilling steaks marinated in olive oil and lots of garlic.

eat it rare like in the old times (:
maybe some berries too

which 3rd world country is this in? Mexico?

Cut away the Red areas and only eat the white parts!

Got any more pics of that sexy bitch? I gots to have dat azz!

>walmart

into the trash you go

>130
>rare
Never buy any beef above had a choice

you mean it's wagyu and black angus. Doesn't look like a5, wouldn't be surprised if that grading wasn't regulated in the us.

I honestly prefer american wagyu breed mixes, the fat content is too high in a5 beef and you can't eat as much of it without feeling sick.

>pic related koroge wagyu is $25 for 12oz in nipland

enjoy your radiations and insane electric bill

wow OP you should have sold those steaks on Ebay. upside down they look like the virgin mary holding baby jesus

holy shit they do

Does it matter? They're cheap ass, shitty steaks.

>sous video meat
I wish my meat was in 4k

underrated.

4 minutes per side in cast iron grill pan on stove top over high heat, 5 - 8 minutes in oven at 500 F or so. Afterward, wrap in foil and allow to rest for 10 minutes, add a couple pads of butter if you're a fat fuck if you want.

Stop eating red meat.

He's right. I'm still learning how to use my sous vide cooker and I ruined a steak by putting butter on it before I vacuum sealed it.

If you don't have a grill chuck those babies into a skillet set to high heat with olive oil. I'd probably roast a clove of garlic in the pan before setting the steak in. I'd cook some thyme in the pan as well just so the oils catch a bit of the flavor. Flip over frequently just so it cooks evenly. I usually wait till the fat's outer edge is crispy and then pull the steak off but I always eat the steak medium rare.

A couple of tips.
1. Let the steak get room temperature before cooking
2. Season well before cooking
3. If you're cooking in a pan you don't have to be shy about turning the steak to the other side but if you're using a grill it can dry the steak out if you flip it too much.

Not OP but I have also been gifted ribeyes recently. A couple of usda prime bone-in ribeyes

Grilled em this time. First flip

So hard to get a cut that thin cooked properly, but those look delicious.

Thanks. They were about an inch thick, little over a pound each. Made some roasted broccoli for a side

The finished product. Rare

holy shit. You'd have to hit inch thick steaks with 800f to get that kinda sear.

I'm able to get some pretty high heat on my grill

You should have cooked them on lower heat first and then seared at the end. I can't stand gelatinous steak.