Getting to Harvard

What grades would I need from an average university in an Engineering program to get into Harvard for an MBA?

Other urls found in this thread:

mbadataguru.com/blog/admissions/how-important-is-gmat-vs-gpa-for-harvard-business-school/
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Note, this is an undergraduate program. Also country of study would be Australia.

you could have perfect grades and still fall a mile short of being accepted. you do not need perfect grades per say but you would have to make it up with overwhelming evidence that you are someone the MBA program wants

This

You need connections or be relevant person

So you are saying that it is an elite circle jerk? What would be a good strategy to get there starting from an undergraduate degree and with an upper middle class background?

suck a lot of cock or be black

Be a woman or black. Dont be a asian.

Also you need a RESUME. Not just some work but something like meal on wheels shit. Help refugees or something

Read Pedigree book. Its a study how people get into elite schools and jobs. It actually focuses on Harvad MBA program, it has insight sci cant provide.

Also its on the net as a pdf

Thanks user.

Eurofag here, what's so special about Harvard?
is there something they provide that you can't get anywhere else?
I get that it is a nice thing to have on your resume and of course simply for the humble brag but is that it?

No I'm not saying its an elite circlejerk. Nowhere in my post did I say you need to be a member of the skull and bones society or freemasons to be accepted. You also dont need to be a minority or a woman, as the class composition clearly shows on the website. There is no sure way to get in, similarly in the real world there is no sure way to be successful, theres no substitute for innovation. Figure out how to show the MBA program that you are worthwhile, thats all.

You get to take classes side by side with kids of CEOs and other high paying positions. And possibly get you a job out work with them on a startup

People like you tend to not even understand what they want to do in life and are just drawn to what "looks good." I mean really, what business does an australian engineering student have in a Harvard MBA program. You clearly dont have an interest in pursuing engineering as a career. Why dont you choose an australian business school? Its no surprise they fail to get in by a leap and a bound

I have taken introductory business courses at Harvard business school before (you can just walk in). The old wisdom about the students either being an illuminati member in training or the modern twist that they are an AA recruit is very inaccurate.

Grades are necessary but not sufficient. If you want to do an MBA at Harvard get a job at McKinsey and get regular promotions. This will increase your chances.

So you are saying it's only benefit is that you may end up besties with the next CEO of a Fortune 500 company?

That's actually one of the top 3 main points of college. Networking

Harvard and Ivy league is (((hem)))ran and operated.

Obviously make friends.

Harvard is GPA heavy in admissions. Check the available data from various forums. You need a high GPA. GMAT? You can see the ranges. If you aren't a minority, count on 750 as your goal. You need great work experience and recommendations. Honestly, unless you are a black lesbian, just having a 3.8 and a 720 GMAT gives you close to zero chance of getting in.

It is questionable now. Honestly, the "diversity" craze has made the degree a lot less valuable, as a lot less of your classmates are high achievers, and people don't view the degree as highly as they once did. That said, it is still worth it. It just isn't the no brainer it once was.

Admissions are heavily dependent on your ethnicity.
White: Bad
Asian: Bad
Indian: Bad
Indian National: Double Bad
Jew: Great!
Hispanic: Good
Black: BEST!!!
Native: Good or nothing. Seriously some colleges considering your grandparents speaking Spanish more important than being majority Native.

What if you put down that you're 1/16th black and therefore identify as black?

Despite the fact that no poster said that and you are an autist for inferencing that, yes Harvard is a elite circlejerk.

This post is unironically /pol/

AA barely matters and only disfavors asians. Its neutral to whites and favors slightly everyone else. Jews aren't in the equation and aren't a racial option so they aren't favored nor disfavored although in thebpast universities tried very hard to exclude/reduce them.

>

AA barely matters and only disfavors asians. Its neutral to whites and favors slightly everyone else. Jews aren't in the equation and aren't a racial option so they aren't favored nor disfavored although in thebpast universities tried very hard to exclude/reduce them.

This post is unironically mental gymnastics. Admissions is a zero sum game. Favoring one group of people is disfavoring everybody else.

No you don't.

Elite universities still discriminate against blacks.

I know this is /pol/ but you're severely underestimating the number of asians that get accepted.

They have the most money so it makes sense to only admit asians who will pay higher fees from a business perspective.

I've seen from personal experience that one could be best in the world and still be rejected, or a loser with a flashy resume and still be accepted. Yeah, I'd say so.

Why would you want to go to Harvard? Their prestige is pretty much solely based on their name alone and a school can only have so many cheating scandals before the world stops taking them seriously.

Look into Wharton or another one instead.

There is tones of data in that source. You can spend 10 hours and go through it. It is safe to say you are completely wrong. Non-jewish whites are the most discriminated by far. The data in this image confirms it too. Non-jewish whites are proportionately more likely to be top students than asians (you just need the % of each at Harvard to check this). Both groups are much, much smarter than jews. Check the data. Hack.

>I know this is /pol/ but you're severely underestimating the number of asians that get accepted.
That image doesn't include international students. Read the article; go through the data. Nothing pisses me off more than know-it-alls who won't actually research a subject.

mbadataguru.com/blog/admissions/how-important-is-gmat-vs-gpa-for-harvard-business-school/

Note: This data is not controlled for race or religion. Harvard definitely has different standards for different groups of people. I urge caution in assuming these trends apply to you.

I worked in admissions for a Tier 2 college for a time.

We do tend to favor nonwhites over whites. Can you blame us? Your people have not exactly been saints for the last thousand years.

what if I'm a spic?

>We do tend to favor nonwhites over whites. Can you blame us?
Yes. Your time is limited.