What's the point of attending university if you don't go to one that is ranked in the top 25 of your country?

What's the point of attending university if you don't go to one that is ranked in the top 25 of your country?

You mean top 5 right?

Jokes on you you my country only has 5 universities

Seriously though, 25 unies arent enough for the workforce

I go the top 1 university in my country for pure mathematics. Jelly? Well, that's because there are only two universities in this country that have pure mathematics as a major.

I go to the top 1uni in my city block bitch. I dont even need to bike.

Any one here go to UC Berkeley(not a political question), Stanford, MI, Caltech, UCLA, or any of the Ivy Leagues?

I also meant to ask about the experience in your field if study at those places? I had this view most of the people who went to these schools were child prodigy nobel/turing/fields medal winners who get accepted. But PHD by Cham let me know being at one of THE top ranked schools on Earth is not too different from other grad school

>of your country
Because the top 100 of my country is worth more than the top 25 of most countries.

>I had this view most of the people who went to these schools were child prodigy nobel/turing/fields medal winners who get accepted
LOL. They're smarter than the average college student I suspect. But they're not THAT smart. They are well within reach and even a few retards bleed through.

t. ivy leaguer

>LOL.

>>LOL.

where do you people live?

I honestly don't know.
I attend the best university in my country (One of the best in the world, honestly. Known worldwide) I didn't even apply anywhere else. I wasn't keen on moving to another country and I wasn't going to go to a degree mill.

My plan was the become an electrician if I couldn't get into McGill.

I'm attending best uni in my country, but still what's the point if it's ranked in 5th hundred in world ranking

>falling for the ivyleague school meme
it really all depends on your goals and what your career plan is. Universities are just big jews, and they will be irrelevant in 50-100 years when everything is virtual.

>top 25
>all humanities
Good point

Even being ranked as the 2nd or 3rd best in leafland doesn't mean shit, US is the only country with good institutions. There are some exceptions but not really. Best leafland uni is not even top 25 worldwide.

McGill is shit go to Waterloo or UBC for engineering

McGill is not the best university in leafland you fucking cuck shut up, It depends on the field, and for the only ones that matter (Eng, comp sci), McGill is barely top 5.

This is such a shit post.
For undergrad, as long as you didn't go to some absolute shit tier uni you can get into a masters/phd program just about anywhere with:
-Good GRE
-undergrad research(at least 2-3 publications in non shit tier journals)
-good grades
-some social networking(this is where it helps significantly to be at a top tier school)

For a PhD this is mildly true, but your going to a school for a particular professor. Ie: I do signal processing and went to Georgia Tech. Someone who was into neural networks would look at UCSB. You get the idea. These are all top 40-50 tier schools in the field, but it isnt the MIT/CalTech everyone jerks off too.

Now there are anomalies bio-emdical engineering is one. Hopkins is your best bet by a long shot, or a top tier medschool, but this is getting into med school/law school territory where it REALLY FUCKING MATTERS what school you go to.

>only ones that matter (Eng, comp sci)

literally lmaoing @ u rn

Y'all realize that university ratings are political dickwaving that don't relate to anything relevant, right?

What qualifies as absolute shit tier? My uni is piss poor in rankings but we still produce research, have projects, etc.

>tfw went to UC Riverside, had a 3.9 GPA in ChemEng, 169 V and 170 Q GRE, published research, did internships, got letters of rec from well-known professors and applied to grad schools
>rejected by literally all UCs for ChemEng except for UC Riverside and UC Santa Cruz
>got into some other shitty schools

I wasted my time going there