Is there still a point to reading Kant if I want to eventually make some contributions to philosophy other than...

Is there still a point to reading Kant if I want to eventually make some contributions to philosophy other than sharpening critical thinking and reading comprehension skills? I can't think of a reason as to why heavily studying him would be beneficial when he was ultimately wrong about most things. Of course, it's necessary to have a basic understanding of his ideas so that we can understand what the more modern philosophers are reacting against... but do I need to read and study the entire Critique or do anything like that? Can I just skip to the more relevant philosophers like the analytics?

Do whatever the fuck you want, you little idiot. I don't give a shit.

Man up and just read Kant already fuckboi.

fuck you little bitches, I just want to use my time efficiently

Well then efficiently fucking read Kant my little bitch.

The other people in this thread were right. You sound like a bitch OP

All we can hope for at the very least is that OP is a good little bitch who reads Kant like his Alphas tell him to.

After reading this thread I can certainly see why you are drawn to Kant, it will be a good fit, he will validate your feefee's gently and thoughtfully.

>he was ultimately wrong about most things

only if you are just gonna read past the problems of the british empricists as if they arent there. only if youre intrigued by their problems, especially those hume left us with, can Kants thinking be properly judged

I still don't get how he can claim that all immoral acts are irrational. I could be rationally immoral in order to reach my goals.

Philosophy does not need people like you

This is true when I think of Machiavelli.

You said you were too busy last week. Please read the book or dont ask again. Most contemporary analytic philosophy will explain kants problem to you in so many words. Look up myth of the given.

this

fuck you, fuckin twerp bitch - get on your knees while i poop down your fuckin throat, lil bich

>if I want to eventually make some contributions to philosophy

This is not how it is done. Please erase yourself.

No Kant said that his work would correct all the problems revolving around metaphysics shut the fuck up dude you don't know what your talking about.

What does Kant say about aliens posting anonymously on global interstellar satellite networks? is that a no-no for Kant?

Well not op, but anything philosophical I've come up with has been a spur of the moment type of thing, and I would like if it becomes an addition to the western philosophical canon, but desu even if I do somehow get some reknown, I'll never aknowledge it. People tell me I'm a good writer but I read my shit and can't help but compare it to what is already considered part of the great works of history. I think no matter how far I get, even if I do somehow become some sort of well-known/well-respected writer I'll always think
>well I guess I'm pretty decent, but I'm no David Foster Wallace, what I've written can't even be compared to James Joyce
And I think thats where the ambition stems from, I know I'm not as good as Austen, or Swift, or Kant, but I am always improving. It always seems like if I work at it enough, if I hone properly, I could get there.

Yea in his Critique or Judgement he does mention it, although I forget the chapter. He said something similar to this: If there are aliens out there, y'know, like, in the world, right, yea, like real aliens n shit, right, you would, like, you'd know, I dunno man, you'd just sorta, I guess, you just know, know what I'm saying?

And yea, so to answery your question he did mention it as a know-know, sorry about that, I mean, if it pertains to you at all that is.

bump

>cant read kan t(because otherwise he has to be beyond retarded to say that he just doesn't have """time"" for it)
>is going to make any contributions in philosophy
Thanks for the laugh senpai, I really needed it.

what did u said pussyboi?
Modern philosphy is footnotes to plato and kant...
Analytics are in their own pond.

aint even shit compared to men who actually contributes... pls just shutup and listen

> Can I just skip to the more relevant philosophers like the analytics?

Are you fucking moron? Do you even do your masters on philosophy?

There is like analytics, then theres the french, germans and all other fuckers. Chinese are coming in with medieval scholastics and preenlightement germans. There is not revelent philosophers... Some fucking Ayer or Moor dont even tackle problems, which are dealt with by Heidegger or shit. Apply yourself and get yo act straight on what do you want.

tl:dr
Do what the fuck you want. You wont made contributions. Deal with it.

>Is there still a point to reading Kant if I want to eventually make some contributions to philosophy other than sharpening critical thinking and reading comprehension skills? I can't think of a reason as to why heavily studying him would be beneficial when he was ultimately wrong about most things. Of course, it's necessary to have a basic understanding of his ideas so that we can understand what the more modern philosophers are reacting against... but do I need to read and study the entire Critique or do anything like that? Can I just skip to the more relevant philosophers like the analytics?
How do you know he's wrong if you haven't read him?

Kant is a fantastic philosopher and worth reading, ignore the memes. Veeky Forums is fucking terrible at advising people who to read.