What kind of music does sci listen to? My guess is some kind of americanized EDM crap but maybe you can prove me wrong

what kind of music does sci listen to? My guess is some kind of americanized EDM crap but maybe you can prove me wrong

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=KI3H8myhJBI
youtube.com/watch?v=yLUbHdhfqaA
youtube.com/watch?v=QfFPJEgL1yQ
youtube.com/watch?v=zlG5txG63d0
youtube.com/watch?v=oGImSvcgzb8
youtube.com/watch?v=2toH5KbyT2s
youtube.com/watch?v=p8eVruajwvI
m.youtube.com/watch?v=cU8HrO7XuiE
youtube.com/watch?v=cZJK2OVoCeo
m.youtube.com/watch?list=PLt84FBcsD-MxrlughbVm6f-7tkNk_Gxko&v=tHuGr8XJxd8&index=30
youtube.com/watch?v=1tAbcWrrIQU
youtube.com/watch?v=WPni755-Krg
youtube.com/watch?v=5FdEzwgOmtY&index=23&list=LL4uEr1toZ88XqLR0iInYldQ
youtube.com/watch?v=pLfYdfO3bgE
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Metal

youtube.com/watch?v=KI3H8myhJBI

Depends on what mood I am, currently am reading a lot of books, posting a lot, and having a bit of hypomania so I listen to fast dnb and neurofunk

Mozart and Bach. Their musics are soothing. Chillstep and lo-fi hip hop are also great for cold days.

This, classical, alternative rock, and a lot of weird experimental stuff. And a little bit of punk.

I mostly listen to black metal lately though.

Welle:Erdball

Sylosis

Le lo fi hip hop study youtube mix XDDD

youtube.com/watch?v=yLUbHdhfqaA

depends largely on the mood, so I'll just list what I have on my DAP right now

a small selection of classical music (eg Beethoven), a lot of old 70s-90s Jpop, some new Jpop, a lot of pop music from the 80s, a lot of vaporwave and synthwave, some chinese cartoon music, SUPER EUROBEAT, and some other random stuff that only is a small portion of the total, maybe some OSTs from movies or something.

I don't really listen to music, it distracts me from whatever I'm doing and I've never really had the desire to seek out music for its own sake.

Anime openings
Anime Endings
Vocaloid
Other Jpop/Jrock I find online if I like it

Example: youtube.com/watch?v=QfFPJEgL1yQ

And you don't need to ask anyone else, everyone in this board is actually just a copy of myself so we all listen to the same thing. The other posters are actually crossposter trolls from /pol/.

only rush

Jazz, rock, and jazz rock.

Almost all music, it more depends on the artist than the genre. I've been listening to Math Rock a lot lately.

youtube.com/watch?v=zlG5txG63d0

I like indie music, the scene is pretty legit
>tfw you have to avoid talking about your major when first meeting art school girls

what's your major user? im sure you can use it for social gain amongst such people.

Listening to music is for fucking brainlets. Intelligent people just read the music.

Listening to Kalevi Aho's Symphony No. 7 right now

Classical - mostly orchestral symphonies with lots of string instruments, I find pianos distracting
Prog Death Metal, e.g Gorod, Obscura

My man

metal
anime
chillwave
post hardcore
IDM
acoustic
classical
kpop

Only classical music is worth listening to. I've listened to 300+ highly-regarded albums in a wide variety of popular genres so I'm qualified to judge.

Classical. Mainly baroque and opera from before the 19th century. Sometimes I put on some modern ambient music as well. Mainly Ochre.

I like a lot of music, including bluegrass.
youtube.com/watch?v=oGImSvcgzb8
Eden of the East gave me this nice song and the last episode, rest was a waste.

Classic (Romantic era stuff) and country (Cash and Willie Nelson though, not the other shit)

>he doesn't even listen to 1000 albums a year

dnb, oldschool happy hardcore/hardstyle, and stoner rock.

ABBA, exclusively

i listen to that many classical recordings a year

My top 5:

Wardruna
Amon Amarth
Finntroll
Hopsin
Technical Itch

What's next?
>hey sci how was your day
>hey what food do you eat
>hey whats this board for again

This is a bad post. If Veeky Forums had literally any mods it would be deleted by now.

my man

Post rock
youtube.com/watch?v=2toH5KbyT2s

Acid house/trance, oldschool techno, ambient techno, ambient, idm, pretty easy to cut of any source of distraction while I study.

>god is an astronaut
Jesus christ user. So much good post-rock bands out there and you choose to listen to this shit?

this is the correct answer

that's some pretty light mathrock, listen to dillenger escape plan once you wanna go further

Yeah, they're my favorite
youtube.com/watch?v=p8eVruajwvI

Jazz Fusion Acoustic Death Metal

m.youtube.com/watch?v=cU8HrO7XuiE

Metal.
Usually heavy metal but if I have a head ache or am just not feeling it rock/light metal but if am angry or in the right mind set so much screaming you can't understand it type metal

grime

techno

pic related

For Study: instrumental metal or orchestra
>Antonin Dvorak - Requiem
For not study: death metal and heavy orchestra
>Ludwig the holy/accursed blade

The gerogerigegege

>grime

My dude. I haven't been on top of it for a few months; any recommendations on new shit? Freestyles welcome too.

I listen to:
Philip glass
Frank klepacki
Steve Reich
90s idm like autechre and mu-ziq
Alex jones

Led Zeppelin (my iq over 150)

youtube.com/watch?v=cZJK2OVoCeo

seshollowwaterbois

Same here

m.youtube.com/watch?list=PLt84FBcsD-MxrlughbVm6f-7tkNk_Gxko&v=tHuGr8XJxd8&index=30

Mostly ds3 soundtrack

Trash metal
youtube.com/watch?v=1tAbcWrrIQU

Unironically ironically to kpop

The recorded sounds of different household appliances. I'm a big fan of refrigerator sounds, but dishwashers and dryers have been growing on me

Reminder that people who say they only listen to classical music are pretentious plebs who don't actually listen to much music and thus aren't familiar with art music as a whole.

1000% cringe every time I see these fuckers posting.

You should give trout mask replica by captain beefheart a try then

Anything good goes. But my physical & digital collections consist mainly of classical music, metal and plethora of psytrance subgenres.

Confirmed 15 year old uncultured swine who does not play a classical instrument and cringes at everything due to social ineptitude.

>and thus aren't familiar with art music as a whole
What kind of a person is this pretentious?
Can i have your approved list of high-art-value music?

But he's right. I personally know classical musicians playing at an international level and they enjoy popular music. People who say they only listen to classical are insufferable, see the keyword, 'only.' Nothing wrong with listening to it, it's great, but when you make a habit out of telling people that you only listen to classical that's just lame.

I play piano and used to be in contact with a lot of people who play piano, string & wind instruments, but i have never come across a person who is classical-only-elitist. That must be some internet meme-stereotype that doesnt actually exist in real life.

>What kind of a person is this pretentious?
Nigga that shit's common knowledge among anyone who listens to music.

Broadly speaking,
Art music:
>Attempts to use music in new ways, sometimes failing sometimes not. The goal is to explore the boundaries of what is possible with music. Sometimes incorporates techniques developed through folk music. Generally not very widespread or popular among the public, not because it's bad or anything but because the public has typically always favored folk music.
Folk music:
>Attempts to create music that is fun to listen to. Sometimes incorporates techniques developed through art music. Note, that this is different from the genre "folk". In the olden days folk music was what people sang and played at gatherings and at public social establishments. In modern times folk music refers to pop, rock, hip-hop, etc... and is still used in very similar ways.

Classical music is art music from way back in the day when music was still not very sophisticated. A lot of the great classical pieces actually contain a lot of stuff that was very experimental at the time and went on to be incorporated into modern musical theory. However that isn't to say that all art music is classical. In fact there has been a long tradition of art music following the classical era and even now there is an art music community out there.

Saying you only listen to classical while being unaware of modern art music shows that you neither understand classical music for what it is nor have you taken the time to look into it.

Note: I am making a distinction here that may seem strange to art music listeners. I have done this in order to avoid confusion. In particular, the term "classical music" is commonly used as synonymous with "art music" within the art music community and classifications are used for different periods of art music (e.g. the era we are in now is sometimes called "21st century classical" or "contemporary classical").

classic rock, prog rock, alternative rock, alternative rap/hip-hop, also some Mussorgsky

i really like this image

do you have the source?

youtube.com/watch?v=WPni755-Krg

I have, it's alright but I like the stuff I posted more. It's mostly not math rock, so I'm not sure why you would suggest it as an example of math rock and it has shit (and overbearing) vocals. It doesn't have the interesting spirals of changing melody and tasteful dissonance that I so enjoy, either. It's comparatively generic and boring.

Mainly classical (Bach, Beethoven, Wagner, Mahler, Stravinsky mainly), and some indie folk, Hip-Hop, and House in smaller doses.

>My guess is...
...so bad as to be laughable.

Deadmau5

Nice, I have the same tastes in music. Try listening to vaporwave it's something like lofi if you want a little variety

Muse

I'm not an expert on genres however electronica has been a mainstay of my interests since I listened to NIN in high school. I'm listening to a lot of Carpenter Brut write now. I've dabbled in metal too: Nonpoint, Skindred, Static-X, Slipknot.

Touhou remixes.

My nigga, did you like their new songs?

Symphonic metal like epica, serenia, nightwish

I like a lot of punky, noisy stuff like Sonic Youth, Boris, Unwound, The Fall, Big Black, My Bloody Valentine, The Stooges, and The VU.

Crazy psychedelic stuff is great too, like Olivia Tremor Control, Boredoms, Animal Collective, Bardo Pond, Spacemen 3, and 13th Floor Elevators.

I seldom listen to music while I work or read tho, the words are distracting from the sounds and vice versa. But in that last hour before I go to be I'll often just space out to a good album or maybe smoke some hookah while listening.

>My nigga, did you like their new songs?
Holding On is an A+ shameless Springsteen ripoff
Other one hasn't grown on me yet but probably will

>Sonic Youth
These guys have some great tracks but I can never listen to a whole album

stay /mu/-core though

The only cringe is when people like you get so enormously butthurt at other people's taste in music. That takes an incomprehensibly profound amount of autism.

Jazz and Ska-jazz.
And ofcourse this:
youtube.com/watch?v=5FdEzwgOmtY&index=23&list=LL4uEr1toZ88XqLR0iInYldQ

I only listen to classical music, and 90% of it is modern and contemporary.

I'm sorry your favorite dadrock bands are actually shit, guys, but you don't have to take it out on classical-only listeners.

Well, actually...

Music can't be objectively bad, since the preference in music is subjective.

Reminder.

Maybe we should bend over backwards to extend this sort of misguided deference we have for pop music also towards popular fiction and cinema like Harry Potter and superhero movies

Absolute bullshit. If you never hear any bad music, than how are you going to know what good music sounds like? Do you just have to wait for someone on Veeky Forums to tell you?

We hear bad music all the time through passive consumption of mainstream media.

Joke's on you... I don't watch TV (except for Twin Peaks of course).

This.

As with all subjective things, when someone calls a piece of music good or bad they aren't really telling you anything about the music, rather they are telling you something about themselves. Though this isn't necessarily the case when speaking about a specific attempt the composer/artist is making.

Moreover, speaking with regards to the argument. It's true that there is a ton of content out there but musical structure (and therefore style) are processed in a very similar way to language grammar inside the brain. Being able to appreciate certain styles of music is in some ways akin to learning to understand it as a language. As such, one can become a much better music listener by listening to more varieties of music as opposed to few varieties.

tl;dr: Enjoy being overtly pretentious.

Have some microtonal electronic music:
youtube.com/watch?v=pLfYdfO3bgE

lmao, refer to

You know what good music sounds like because you like it.

Baroque, Classical, Jazz, Impressionism, Thrash, Death Metal, Heavy Rock. But particularly Testament, Bach and Necrophagist.

Very Nice ;)

Classical music but honestly I rarely listen to music I don't find it adds much to my character

But that's dependent on your taste. And how can you have "good" taste if you don't listen to good and bad albums?

spp

There is vastly more variety in classical music than there is in all other genres of music combined. You'll get the most variety by listening to classical music exclusively.

Must we read junk like Dan Brown to understand what makes Shakespeare a genius? I don't think so. If we don't read genre fiction, why must we listen to genre music?

timbre