Can someone explain to me in layman's terms what does it mean for the universe to be a hologram?

Can someone explain to me in layman's terms what does it mean for the universe to be a hologram?

None of this actually exists or what? I don't get it.

Other urls found in this thread:

un.org/en/development/desa/news/population/2015-report.html
butterfliesfree.com/holographic-universe-workshops/
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

no it doesn't mean that, holograph refers to space being encoded on lower dimensional strings or something like that, don't ask me to explain it because string theory is a mumbo jumbo full of jargon that I don't understand, but i know enough to see that you're thinking of something wrong

The underlying ingormation is stored in less than three dimensions, but it interacts nonlocally to give the appearance of three spatial dimensions.

it works more like what a computer does, a video game is written on 2d 1's and 0's but is projected into 3d.

>what does it mean for the universe to be a hologram?

it means the ultra rich don't need to feel guilty about screwing over the rest of the people on earth.

poor people from non-white shitholes cause way more damage to earth than rich people

Can both you and the SJW's just like jump into a volcano or something? A lot of us are really getting sick of this identity politics bullshit.

What does this change for our knowledge of the universe and it's interactions then? What does it imply?

But I'm not wrong, most pollution and damage to Earth comes from third world non-white countries. How can you be so blind to that fact? Do you even know how bad the overpopulation and contamination is is countries like Nigeria, Indonesia, Bangladesh, etc? Bangladesh has 164 million habitants, all of them shitskins, poor and harming the earth.

who exactly do you think is pushing the "hologram universe" idea? its appealing because it makes "other people" into non-humans.

Nobody is pushing it, except perhaps popsci magazines. It's not even one of the most popular string theories.

Stop derailing retards, the ruling elite don't care about the damage they're doing, no one can tell them anything, and they sure as hell don't need a holographic universe as an excuse, I'm asking about the scientific aspects of it and it's consequences.

you're mixing up concepts there, sweetie, the brain in a vat idea has nothing to do with holographic string theory

>MUH RACE
>MUH CIS-SCUM
You're both cancer that needs to be wiped off the face of the earth.

But the data obviously points toward those countries damaging the environment more than the rich elite. You just cannot deal with that fact. If you wiped that people off the earth everyone would be better off.

Do you think if they were rich they'd be doing the same?

You're missing the point. There are bigger fish to fry than incessant whining and finger pointing about shitskins and the patriarchy. Identity politics is so god damn stupid.

That's because they're uneducated and have other things to worry about - getting food and through day to day life. We're all in this together and we have the power to change the system; they don't. Now please stop derailing.

bump for a good thread

rampant uncontrolled overpopulation is a small fry?
un.org/en/development/desa/news/population/2015-report.html
those are people who will only leech off the earth without giving anything back, they will not provide technological advancements, they will not recycle anything, they will only consume, produce waste and shit up more of them

Create a new thread about it instead.

String theory cannot be explained in layman's terms. Read into AdS/CFT correspondence if you want to know more, but the meaning will go way over your head.

>$ posts in the thread is already derailed
>Veeky Forums
This idea of holography goes back to t'hooft, it's actually been shown to be independent of string theory (or at least certain versions like ads/cft), as for the video game analogy, there's quite a bit more to it, basically the idea came from the realization that you could store enough entropy (measure of information) on the boundary of a black hole to characterize the contents inside the black hole itself, thus solving the black hole information. Another way of stating that is if you have an enclosed volume in 3+1 space time you can encode all the information of the dynamics on the 2+1 boundary of the volume, thus in a sense they are equivalent since you get the same information about the system from either the volume or the boundary.

It means science has hit a dead end where its now trying express fundamental philosophical question such as what is consciousness or knowledge and where is it located/ how much does it weigh/test and the nature of existence itself.

obviously this realm is monopolized by theology, however the generally kabbalistic occult nuances have made their way into mainstream scientific theory and liguistic acceptability using updated terms such as dark matter and gravity which in all intents and purposes are a philosophical construct used to explain higher existence without having to directly call it judeochristian interpretaion of God. and alienating other scientists in foreign lands such as how the Jesuits influenced astronomy..

Georges la metre a catholic priest came up with the big bang to reconsile in some aspect roman catholic doctrine and scientific opposition in the form of illuminsm.

>Another way of stating that is if you have an enclosed volume in 3+1 space time you can encode all the information of the dynamics on the 2+1 boundary of the volume
are physicists too lazy to add? why don't they just simplify these expressions?

Given any closed volume, the possible amount of different arrangements the particles can have within it isn't proportional to the volume.
Instead, it's proportional to the surface of the volume.

a dimension of times behaves differently from a dimension of space, thus it's written like that to clarify that it's not 4 dimensions of space

Only if you are stuck in the third dimension though

you know you don't HAVE to post in every thread, dont you? if you dont know what the holographic principle is you can just skip, or better yet, lurk the thread. no need to embarrass yourself with posts like this.

Best explanation I've seen yet.

butterfliesfree.com/holographic-universe-workshops/

The biggest implication is that it means a lot of things we believe are fundamental forces are actually emergent.

Space itself is emergent, and so is gravity, but possibly so are all gauge fields.

this