Time Travel

Why hasn't someone written a massive time travel series yet? It could be a masterpiece.

They did; it was called "Back To The Future: The Novelization"

I have a multi-volume time-travel series mapped out. I have some ideas for it that touch on literary fiction in a way I don't think genre fiction often does. It also has a hard-science angle that I think hasn't been explored before and that would be innovative.

I know this feeling, although my personal project is a ton of loosely connected short stories by a solitary time traveler who is recounting people and events that he met on his travels. The only real details of the traveler, who excises himself from the stories are details that he 'accidentally' leaves in or can't ear to have left out. It eventually turns out that the people and events recounted are those that the traveler was forced to erase to accomplish certain goals, leaving his own memories and guilt as the only evidence that they ever existed.

That sounds like an interesting angle, again with an angle amenable to a meaningful literary angle.
For me, the unlikelihood of being published is a major barrier to me tackling something so big. You are probably in a better position with your project.

>the unlikelihood of being published
I wouldn't let this stop you, it's unlikely that anything anyone writes here will ever be published.

Japan did it with Rezero.

Someday I hope to prove you wrong.

because text is the medium of the past

Time travel isnt that interesting

>over 300 books

Ironically, the longer a time-travel story is, generally, the worse it is. The reason for this is that the reader will start to pick apart the logic and realize how silly it all is. That's not to say that they should, but it will happen. Historically the best stories about time travel itself have been pretty short because they exist to make a point and then bail. "All you Zombies," "The Time Machine," etc. are punchy little stories that present their idea to the reader and then leave them to ponder it. Also the "harder" the science goes the more this needs to be true. If you're actively proclaiming you have a realistic story you're just opening your story to criticism on the grounds of realism. Hence why no one gets mad at Kafka for "miraculously" turning someone into a roach, it just happens so that the story can be told. If he had spent 400 pages explaining how the dude "realistically" got bitten by a radioactive roach it would have been a crap book.

Back to the Future defies this trend because in all seriousness the writers didn't give a crap about consistency or actual science. They wrote a good story in which time travel was one out of many tools (the others being comedy, sentimentality, etc.), not just "a good time travel story."

because taken collectively and individually, the Dr Who novelizations are shit. even the one Michael Moorcock wrote. not even Jerry Cornelius could save that one.

Even the dude on the cover is hiding his shame from these monstrosities.

I hear that it's homestuck

Because GabbleGobbledoom already had a massive hit with the whole Outlander thing.

i just read the time machine and it was a fantastic short read and contained story.

Is there more stuff like this?

It's not time travel, but We is somewhat similar to The Time Machine. You might enjoy it.

Try "All You Zombies" or "Things to Come."

Doctor who bro. It is.

bitch ever heard of "hexe lilli" that is a time travel series and it includes over 30 books
kek

kontempliere suizid kartoffel