Reminder that being atheist is the sign of limited mental capacity

There is literally ZERO rational argument for denying the existence of God or a higher power. You CANNOT prove there is no God or creator. Neither can you explain what caused the big bang or where 'life' comes from.

This isn't even to do with an organised religion or muh Pascal's wager argument.

How can people be so ignorant as to be atheist?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=m74KOFZYOWM
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

>Neither can you explain what caused the big bang or where 'life' comes from.

But you trust illiterate sheep herders to explain it?

Atheism is faith in an explanation that cant be and probably will never be proven. Religion is the same.

What do sheep herders have to do with theories of life?

If you can't prove that God/a higher power doesn't exist and call yourself an atheist its irrational. Why would you deny the existence of something you have no proof of not existing?

Bertrand Russell would love to have you over for tea.

I would probably agree though that being a hard atheist is irrational, but there's a difference between having a belief in no god and having no belief in a god. The latter is perfectly rational.

These arguments are useless without first clarifying what the hell God is. if we strip him all his duties such as granting wishes, then we are just left with the idea of a willful creator. A willful creator offers us answers sure, but it also presents us with more questions.
You cannot prove that God doesn't exist (obviously) but how does that then discredit disbelief? or is it just the wearing of the label 'atheist' that you disagree with?

What is the point of believing in God?

What book is that again?
I thought so

Reminder that being a theist is the sign of schizophrenia

>You CANNOT prove there is no God or creator.

You also cannot prove that unicorns do not exist. That does not automatically mean that they do.

>having or not having a belief is rational
wrong
being rational is about how you seek to accomplish your goals, not which goals you chose.
reason is an instrument, not a goal

So fucking true.

Now visit Heavensgate.com for the truth

youtube.com/watch?v=m74KOFZYOWM

this. please only post about books. if you want to feel superior for being a theist make threads about theism

Just sage and report
Christposters and philosocucks are banned on sight nowadays.

Rational = "based on or in accordance with reason or logic" (Google dic)

It seems perfectly fine to me to describe a belief as rational, but I will admit I'm not well versed in the philosophical applications of reason and logic.

Your notion of atheism is too rigid. There are no pure atheists who absolutely deny the existence of God, because there is no wholly sound argument which could eradicate the possibility of his existence entirely. There are only agnostic atheists and agnostic theists.

agnostic atheism is founded on rational/scientific pretences, and as such demands corresponding evidence in order to support its claim; yet this dependence is precisely that which prevents them formulating a sound argument, and moving from a position of agnosticism to certainty. How do you provide positive evidence for something which doesn't exist?

agnostic theism, on the other hand, carries no such criterion – it depends on a purely irrational leap of faith. Such an act does not put forth an argument: it merely accepts uncertainty as a given and makes an unfalsifiable judgement.

agnostic atheism and theism are essentially indistinguishable: what differentiates them is how they react against the void of unknowing. God conceals his face from the atheist and the atheist turns his back on Him, satisfied that absence is proof enough of non-existence. God conceals his face to the believer, but the believer stares all the more intently and passionately at the space He once occupied. The atheist embraces the void as his definite reality, even if he cannot be certain that God is not lurking somewhere in the darkness. Comparatively, the theist, more aware and radically open to the passages of God, scrutinises the contours of the void as he skirts its precipice, not simply searching for evidence of his presence, but indexes of where he might be travelling to.

Sage.

>There are no pure atheists who absolutely deny the existence of God
Wrong

>God
>a higher power
>creator

make your fucking mind up. which are you talking about? if you mean all three at the same time, just say which of the thousands of gods that sections of humanity do believe in, or have believed in in the past, that you are talking about.

also Veeky Forums - Literature
so fuck off

Is this bait?
Also can everyone please be sure to put 'sage' in the options field

They're idiots then. You can't rule a god but you can rule out most major religions as they're comedicly fictional

>you can't prove God or a higher power exists
>you can prove it doesn't exist either
Agnostic master race

Typo
> you can't prove it doesn't exist

>what is the burden of proof

This

>They're idiots then. You can't rule unicorns but you can rule out most major fantasy novels as they're comedicly fictional

I had meant you can't rule out a god and your bs isn't an argument

Why would believe the existence of something you can't prove?

You can't prove that invisible unicorns don't exist either. It's the same exact logic.

Except that invisible unicorns clearly don't exist? Lol.

>invisible unicorns clearly don't exist
>but god could

I agree.
Agnosticism is the truly superior way of life. Everyone who isn't an agnostic is either an ignorant or just too stupid.

>Comparing something completely irrationally to something highly rational

>implying it's any different
Do you have any less reason to believe in invisible unicorns than a god?

clearly it's more complicated than that

Correct.

Nobody has reported seeing or hearing from invisible unicorns before unlike god

Also if there is no god then how could the universe exist?

>Nobody has reported seeing or hearing from invisible unicorns before unlike god
Probably many schizophrenics have, but we don't listen to them
>Also if there is no god then how could the universe exist?
Of course the universe could exist without a god.

>define "Donald Trump" as that which is necessary for the universe to exist
>the universe exists
WHOA, I guess I better enslave myself to a degnerate billionaire piss fetishist!

>god
What did he meant by that?

>implying there's only one god
Plebs.

>implying greek gods are comparable to the judeo-chrisitan one
Pleb.

It's not our fault you bozos can't spook us into believing your retard fairy stories.

It's your own fault for not providing a shred of reasonable evidence.

The only people you should listen to about God are the ones telling you he doesn't exist.

Everybody else is a liar or an idiot, no exceptions.

basically this:

JUST FUCKING DO WHAT I SAY YOU FUCKING FAGGOT YOU LITTLE BITCH JUST BE MY BITCH I'LL FUCKING KNOCK YOU A NEW ONE
>but you can't beat up everyone that doesn't play into your fucking ""civilization"" so you can get money and fuck bitches
HAHAHA NO YOU THINK YOU'RE SO CLEVER YOU LITTLE PIECE OF SHIT I'M SECRETLY THE SUN AND THE SON OF THE SUN AND I'LL TOSS YOU IN THE LAKE OF FIRE AFTER YOU DIE BEING ALL SMUG ABOUT HAVING DISOBEYED ME AND THINKING YOU COULD GET AWAY FROM MY FUCKING CLUB. JOKE'S ON YOU, FUCKER
I SWEAR TO MYSELF
DON'T DO THINGS THAT DON'T BENEFIT ME

(pic related)

>religion was a conspiracy theory to oppress people
>implying
You sound underage

Explain why it isn't, then.

Moreover, the fact that civilization is built on deceit and violence isn't a problem to someone who likes civilization.

I know I'm posting in a bait thread, but whatever, I've got nothing better to do.

You believe what works for you and I'll believe what works for me.

Stop being an asshole, aren't you judeo-christian types supposed to forgiving, and loving towards your fellow humans?

Judge not lest you be judged yourself yadda yadda yadda.

Why don't you practice what you supposedly preach?

Who really cares what russell thinks about the universe? He studies math and logic

I mean, I'm guessing you assume I'm an anarchist who imagines that there's some other, "more humane" way for humans to exist, if only the evil, insane, unhealthy civilization could be destroyed.
But I'm not. I really don't. I'm as resigned to the power and blessings of the Civilization-god as I am to the power and blessings of the Sun-god.

>>implying greek gods are comparable to the judeo-chrisitan one

>>Implying the current conception of god isn't just all the Greco-Roman gods and their individual attributes rolled into one generally faceless god.

>Implying every depiction of god isn't just a variation on Zues

>>Implying they didn't just roll every god into one all powerful one just so it made making sacrifices and libations much simpler, before just doing away with physical sacrifice all together.

are you sure?

>You CANNOT prove there is no God or creator

Prove it.

I was referencing the famous Russell's Teapot argument, I don't care specifically about what Bertrand Russell has to say about the universe.

>He studies

user, I...

Problem is not if god exists or not but that if there would be a god we must do x or we will get punished.

Why should others be made to believe what you do?

It is literature related though.
God is one of my favorite characters in the bible

if god is real why do bad things happen

Because they don't.
Only good things happen.
You're just a fucking retard.
Don't feel bad, it's a good thing.
But if you do, it's still good.

If god is real why would he give a fuck about whats happening here.

Because if He didn't then He wouldn't be God.

If god is real why do you suppose to understand him

What makes you think that?

at last i truly see

Because God is the cause of everything.
What's happening here is something.
Therefore, God is the cause of it.

exactly

a social construct

There is literally ZERO rational argument for denying the truth of the big bang or material causation. You CANNOT prove there is a God or creator. Neither can you explain what created god or why he never shows up anymore.

Your argument works as well for any assumption of the true nature of the universe. However, as a general rule, when truth searching you don't start with your answer and then ignore anything to the contrary.

I'm aware you're trolling, but face it. "Faith" is a child's escape from the terrifying existential uncertainty we all face. Stop slowing the human race down by insisting it define it's life by story time from an age where thinking got you killed.

because there's no such thing as "good" or "bad" only "right" and "wrong"

no ends justify the means

but do the ends justify the memes

>There is literally ZERO rational argument for denying the truth of the big bang or material causation.

There's tons

Solipsism is one

You should read more books STEMtard