Accepted to Stanford. Would it be a waste for this genius to not study STEM?

He is literally smarter than anyone on this board & goes to a better school than anyone here.. He is literally a genius and smarter than any pure math major here. Would it be a waste if this genius doesn't major in STEM? He has been proven to be smarter than Tao. He could be the next Grothendieck? Should he not waste his talents and study Symplectic Geometry? His brain is rare.

Other urls found in this thread:

slate.com/articles/health_and_science/human_nature/2006/03/smart_kids_are_slower.html
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

I once heard a PhD say that for every 1 genius American, there are 4 genius Indians/Chinese/etc.

I used to not want to go into math because the thought of prodigies made me horribly depressed.

Maybe one day

And still there are less than 1/10^6 geniuses. (1 a million seems fair)

The point is there's a lot of jobs, and if all of them were given to "geniuses" and the "geniuses" wouldn't be lazy or anything, there still would be a >LOT of stem jobs to go around

i hate these fucking lame ass ''young adults'' who are worthless sacks of shit with rich parents and think they've accomplished ANYTHING to the world. he wen to princeton day school, it has an endowment of 43 million USD. most likely, he had connected parents that connected all the dots in his life. now he thinks he's a genius. child prodigies i understand, mother fucker is 21 and haven't come up with anything that the world will remember him for. here's a prodigy.

>proven to be smarter than Tao

How exactly was this proven? Being "smart" doesn't mean shit until you do something with it. Feynman supposedly had a pretty normal IQ and there are many who were "smarter" than him and contributed nothing.

Poo in the loo ahahaha

A mathematical prodigy that was rejected from the MIT/Harvard/Stanford/Princeton/Penn/Yale/Columbia/Cornell/Yale/Dartmouth of his day. He wasn't taken seriously either. How ironic is it that a kid that is from a rich family is given more opportunities in life than a literal prodigy?

>Feynman
>normal IQ
he was probably smarter than you as a kid he was already fixing adults radios among other science experiments

It has been shown that high IQ kids develop into their IQ potential slower than lower IQ plebs.

slate.com/articles/health_and_science/human_nature/2006/03/smart_kids_are_slower.html

Feynman didn't have average intelligence, this meme is retarded. he was a putnam fellow, and did very well academically.

why is sci more obsessed with fame than most celebrities

why is sci obsessed with IQ when it's a psychological subject which sci does not consider science

>nuh uh he's smarter than you
>he fixed adult radios as a kid dude

ok, he still scored a 125 on an iq test, normal. he's smarter than everyone here not because of what he scored on an iq test and not because he was fixing radios as a kid.

>I once heard a PhD say that for every 1 genius American, there are 4 genius Indians/Chinese/etc.
There are more Chinks and Indians than Americans.
Then white males do the best mathematics so who fucking cares.

125 is inaccurate for him. IQ scores aren't always accurate. Even testers admit this.He'd be at 150+.

He worked on the Manhattan project when he was 18 won Nobel prize
somehow not that smart

Kid in OP is a genius. He has a higher IQ than anyone on this board. That is why he got into Stanford.

Sure 125 is probably inaccurate, he still scored that on a test. They're were still people "smarter" than him who accomplished less, just as there are people with actual intelligence in the 130 range who accomplish more in their fields than high-iq-tards.

My point being, what you do with your intelligence is what matters.

You don't get it. 125 isn't accurate, regardless of it being an official score it isn't accurate. You are a fucking retard for being so narrow minded and putting so much trust in IQ scores.

You don't get it. 125 may not have been accurate, but how far off was it? Not 75 points, certainly Siddis had a higher iq than Feynman, but who accomplished more? Would you say Siddis, no Feynman was.

Just like this social justice faggot is not smarter than Terence Tao, regardless of his IQ.

He took a retarded IQ test and that's the score.
Had that been a test about mathematics he would have iced it.
IQ test are only good for failure in life who don't have real life accomplishments and need something to brag about.
Literal brainlet cancer.

>goes to a better school than anyone here
think again fagt

ITT: Triggered brainlet poorfags

>implying no one on this board is attending stanford right now
These guys come out when the dick-waving is centered on what school you go to, just like the guys at bad schools come out when the dick-waving is about grades and gpa.

I will no longer respond to you. You put too much stock in IQ scores. IQ scores aren't that accurate or meaningful for highly intelligent people. Feynman would be in the very least the 150-160 range. Even that range is about the ceiling of most IQ test. Which means the scores become meaningless at that point. Feynman's true IQ score would be whatever ceiling of whatever the IQ score report is. No IQ test worth their salt even measures anything beyond 160. So Sidis being 200 makes no sense. Feynman was a genius, His 125 score doesn't mean anything, it isn't accurate. Plus, high IQ kids develop into their IQ potential later than lower IQ plebs like you. Don't bother replying to me. I won't respond.

Fuck

Kid could have an IQ of 115 and get into any ivy he wants because of his connections, while poor kid with an IQ of 160 would barely get into Nobody State University because of no connections.

notice me senpai

>tfw both brainlet and poor thirld worlder

Here is your (you).

Whatever man. The whole point I was making things like IQ scores don't mean shit. So you are arguing with me over nothing.The only reason I brought up IQ is because OP said this kid was proven smarter than Tao. He is not period.

Georgia Tech grad here. Only made it because of in-state tuition. Even with it, a dual degree maxed out my scholarship funds.

nice mate

Can relate. Double major with 23 credits next semester. $280 per credit hour and growing

Everyone that goes into a STEM related field or study has, at one point or another, dreamt about discovering/developing/etc something revolutionary/important. We're all just autists that didn't get enough attention growing up.

there are no poor kids with 160 iq
poor people are poor because they're dumb
and stupid poor parents breed stupid poor children

put more effort in trollin' next time

>the madman actually posted ramapajeet
he's literally a leftist meme
guy never existed
HA

>He is literally smarter than anyone on this board

you don't know that. Veeky Forums is a free for all. he could be here. other, more intelligent people could be here too.

>guy never existed
what?

>Galois
>Abel
>Tesla
>Fourier
>Faraday
Should I keep going, or are going to claim all of these people didn't exist either?

Race is a better indicator of intelligence than IQ.

Income is far more important.
>inb4 fringe cases of black rapper millionaires having dumb felon children
Outliers.

true

>goes to a better school than anyone here.
This I doubt. They call Stanford "the Harvard of the West". They don't call Harvard "the Stanford of the east".

Look at his Big Brain!!!

He has the phenotype Ashkenazi women crave.

What in the fuck is this ashkenazi meme

Jealous, white boy? I wouldn't blame you. How can you even compete?

John Milnor

There's no better place for math than Stanford. You can meet IAS people there. Harvard's STEM programme is meme. MIT iswhere it's at for engineering, Stanford for math.

>There's no better place for math than Stanford
That's strange. I don't remember Math 55 being a Stanford class.
>Harvard's STEM programme is meme.
Only when it comes to engineering. Mathematics, science, and computer science is all top notch at Harvard.

He doesnt live with his mom in Russia in an apartment where all the rats in the apartment complex live because they know he won't kill them.

He's not that guy

How can White Boi even compete?

How can White GOY even compete?

plural is goyim retard
stop posting the same garbage in every Jew thread Hitler

>IQ test are only good for failure in life who don't have real life accomplishments and need something to brag about.
It's funny because IQ scores literally predict financial and academic success.

>boy is singular
>goy replaces boy
>ITS SUPPOSED TO BE PLURAL YOU KIKE
Win a Putnam competition or a Fields Medal sometime kiddo. We're doing laps around you. Oy gevalt!

or better access to educational resources make you more prepared to IQ tests. the class you're born into predicts your success, which surprises fucking no one.

>IQ scores literally predict financial and academic success.
)))))

I can really imagine a Jew saying this to me. Well done.

Creativity is hard to pin down objectively. Why do whites dominate--I mean absolutely destroy all other races--in scientific and mathematical discoveries? IQ and numbers don't add up.

This is a classic fallacy. This is true, but we are only talking about extremely high IQ individuals here. Do the same patterns we get when we look at the 99% apply to the 1%? Maybe not.

There are 2 billion+ people in india and china and about 500 million americans.

Your phd could have just said, for every american there is 4+ chinese/indian people

Feynman was average at reading/writing but a god at mathematics. People rely on this meme too much to make themselves feel better

>)))
Slav retard btfo.

>Industrial / Manufacturing

patrician taste

God at math aside, he still scored a 125. If someone who scored a 140 accomplished even a quarter of what Feyman did, that person would be smarter than many people who scored higher.

Similarly, even if this kid scored higher than Tao on some test, he is not smarter than Tao.

>I used to not want to go into math because the thought of prodigies made me horribly depressed.

Lol. There's also going to be hundreds of your peers who are not prodigies, not geniuses and still noticeably smarter than you and the more you advance in your studies the more you encounter of them.

That's just life. It sucks.

Kek

Feynman's IQ score was a fluke. If he took the test again he would have scored very highly. Nothing is worse than analyzing a distribution by a single outlier. It is dumb to do. Stop.

ITT insecure fanboys

Very much this. Other guy needs to stop posting.

I scored 150+ when I was 14.. I did nothing with it, now I'm indistinguishable from any other mouth breather. It's pointless to think of iq as a metric of actual intelligence.

>Why do whites dominate
Why do Ashkenazim* dominate

>tfw this means that my 99.3 percentile RAVEN score in 3rd grade was an absolute fluke/indicator of low IQ

kill me

They certainly disproportionately achieve academic fame, but take out the jews and whites are still by far the most industrious race. It really changes nothing. That is how far ahead Europeans are than the rest of the world in science and math.

Genius is NOT real. Genius just means passionate from a young age.

I guess I'm a genius. Not some Indian who likes math and was pampered beyond imagination in his youth.

this

this board needs to be nuked

who

The next Tao. He has a higher iq than Tao and Feynman

People who talk about iq, even the people who talk about people who talk about iq, in my opinion, I can't understand. I don't understand the point of it all. Iq is definitely a decent measurement of separating most brainlets from most brainiacs but there's not much point in espousing it or denouncing it.

Can't there just be a moderate proposition that everyone can agree upon? I'm not a total genius but I still amazed people with my objective capacities for learning and finding answers. But there's also a subjective quality to it, being extremely interested in subjects and having a good mindset. Nobody's perfect. Some of the most brilliant minds still suffer from pleb tier problems like being depressed over a girl or death or whatever. I love all of academia but I also wanna be rich and party.

It just seems like if you have a sufficiently high enough objective and subjective level of brilliance, to the point that you're confident in your abilities, you wouldn't have much to say on the subject. Perhaps it would take me much longer to really grasp something someone else could in a day but my work ethic has never let me down so it hasn't noticeably affected me. If a solution is in front of me I'll still manage to identify it. I'll still make contributions even though my iq isn't 200.

I've had my intellect questioned my entire life in one way or another. Even trivial things like smoking weed or not believing in the bible will get you called an idiot. It seems some people are offended by this guy, whom I don't even know who they are, because some retarded plebs are making a fuss over his supposed intellect. But you'd have to be a pleb yourself to care because it just doesn't matter. I feel like a pleb even writing this because if what I say is true there is no point wasting my words on people who must just not have faith in their own abilities

>really makes you think isn't

Normalfags belong in the so get moving

Was that Josiah Bartlett? It's only because there's that many more people in china and India.

Do you not think it's due to their academic history? Having a culture of academia is very important, and can have many causes

It could be, but that is quite the hypothesis with exactly zero evidence. I originally stated the pattern as a question: It is a question. The liberal dominant opinion, basically your point, is a possibility, but it doesn't have any support. We live in an era of extreme political correctness and it distorts things. Evidence is what matters.

what is the meme with the black guy pointing a finger to his head?