What are some great works of obscure or esoteric literature. bonus points for anything whimsical, mystical or wise...

what are some great works of obscure or esoteric literature. bonus points for anything whimsical, mystical or wise, however anything that is obscure and really good is fine

Other urls found in this thread:

sacred-texts.com/
levity.com/alchemy/zosimos.html
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/My_Life_in_the_Bush_of_Ghosts_(novel)
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

bumping to save thread from dying

my diary desu

Secretum Secretorum - Pseudo-Aristotle

What counts as obscure?
The Long Ships by Bengtsson is a little esoteric and a rollicking tale of some romping vikings

that is a good recommendation thank you friend
i am going to name an author cause all his works are pretty good, vladimir solovyov

i have heard of that one before but only because it is popular on /lit still completely appropriate for the thread thank you for posting

sacred-texts.com/

really good thank you

bumping again out of interest

please don't let the thread die i want something new something exciting life has become so dry

Chongyang Quanzhen Ji

>implying anyone here would know anything obscure

The Visions - Zosimus

levity.com/alchemy/zosimos.html

"A warning for England, especially for London, in the famous history of the frantick Anabaptists; their wild preachings and practices in Germany"

It's a short tract about the Münster rebellion written in 1642. It's incredibly well written compared to most of the other stuff from that period, so if you have an interest in reading about violent mystics trying to destroy European society, give this one a go.

One of my favourite passages:
>Now whilest the people were thus standing thick together hearkning unto their new Prince, Knipperdoling suddenly leaps up & creeps with his hands and feet upon the heads of the crowded multitude, and breathing into their mouths, the Father (saith he) santifies thee, receive the holy spirit...

these are all really good i have written down everything so far

corpus hermeticum

The Secret Teaching of All Ages

Its basically an encyclopedia of arcane philosophies and mythology

What a thread!

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/My_Life_in_the_Bush_of_Ghosts_(novel)

Normie esotericism

how am i normie esotercism i haven't even recommended anything

I'm on a shit phone browser that replies to the wrong people

Pyramid Texts

What literature will stop me from being a mindless zombie that has no volition

Spinoza.

huge fan of taoism thanks for posting man

ok i am going to bump one last time before i am done today. the best book i ever read was the day lasts more than 100 years by chingiz aitmatov

Hermes Trismegistus
Paracelsus
Sédir
bardo thödol