Can we engineer a Kong sized gorilla?

can we engineer a Kong sized gorilla?

Engineers are too busy sucking dick

As long as it's just a big balloon shaped like a monkey, sure

It's certainly possible. There were bipedal dinosaurs 13 meters tall, and King Kong is 13 meters tall. So the Squared Cube Law wouldn't really be a problem.

The body shape of King Kong wouldn't be optimal for that size, though, probably. I really doubt it would be able to climb anything.

I was about to say something about higher oxygen levels for dinosaurs, but I double checked and it seems to actually had been lower. So yeah sure something could be that big, but like you said a long armed biped might not work well at all.

Kong is far larger than 13ft.

Im going to say no. Even if he was mechanical made of titanium bones. The weight is tooo much.

Sauropods of kongs size are over 130 tons and seem to basically be incapable of anything beyond slow strides.

If they leaped or even stood bipedially they would probably risk breaking everything.

With the agility shown in the film its basically going to break apart insantly.

Yes but it would need an atmosphere with a higher concentration of oxygen

A better question would be, why would you want to do that?

In real life, Kong would collapse under his weight

>I was about to say something about higher oxygen levels for dinosaurs
>Yes but it would need an atmosphere with a higher concentration of oxygen
I would say that this is more related with insect, because they breath through their skin, so the square-cube law is more important there.

> (OP)
>A better question would be, why would you want to do that?
For the glory of Kong, of course.

weapon of mass destruction

This is the real answer.
This is why whales are the largest animals on earth. They are just oblong blobs and they don't have to support their own weight.

What if we gave him really big feet and calves?

>Kong is far larger than 13ft.
He said 13m

If it had some sort of alloy bones
Light-ish but strong
Why not

I prefer if we focused on keeping regular gorillas alive, I need them and their pictures for my gorilla folder

In fact, we should probably bring some great apes in the Amazon just to be sure as long as it are not bonobos or chimpansees (their pictures simply aren't that great)

Still, Kong is MUCH larger than 13m. That's about 43 feet.
In the movie Kong: Skull Island, King Kong is 104 feet.

>While creator Merian C. Cooper envisioned Kong as being "40 to 50 feet (12.2 to 15.2 m) tall", animator Willis O'Brien and his crew built the models and sets scaling Kong to be only 18 feet (5.5 m) tall on Skull Island, and rescaled to be 24 feet (7.3 m) tall in New York.

According to the creator of King Kong, he was 13 meters tall. He does vary wildly in size between movies, but I think putting him at the size of a Giganotosaurus is fair

The important question that nobody asked: "What the fuck would it eat?"

Also may I inform people about Gigantopithecus?

>Gigantopithecus
>3 meters tall

big deal, there have been humans that tall

>13 meters tall
No. Giganotosaurus is 13 m long. It's about 4-5 m tall, and it's 8200 kg at that height (Hartman).
Kong can't exist.

well if we can figure out the chemistry to grow carbon nanotubes in with bones to make them lighter and basically unbreakable and then work that into the DNA, we'll have a solid foundation upon which to design a muscular structure that'd work. Maybe something like electromechanical memory wire? And some chemical process to deposit it.

Hmm fuck it. If we can figure out super biomechanical organisms, lets do one that won't shed what would basically be razor wire in order to keep up with the rest of the chemistry.

Neat idea OP, but figure out a better thing to build.

fuck physics

completly impossible, because of the inertia of the sheer mass, we wont be able to even create a selfsupporting skelleton/shell. and then we still have not solved the problem of moving this thing. we havent engineered any robots that can walk anyway similar to a human (he walks on 2 foot in the picture). neither have we ways to provide the massive amount of power needed to move this thing then, nor the engines. so after all, sorry op, but no mechanical kong soon