"99.5% of Victorian literature is out of print. You have to get realistic...

"99.5% of Victorian literature is out of print. You have to get realistic. You may think that you're going to be around for generations but 99.5% of Victorian literature disappeared."

what do you make of this

>victorian literature
Good riddance

ooh boo hoo literature is mostly by white males. shut the fuck up anc accept trump won. sorry for bad english Im drinking and fucking PISSED OFF.

who mentioned trump

If you're writing for any reason other than you enjoy the process then you're doing it wrong.

Doing anything with a goal in mind is a perfect way to be unhappy. Especially if the goal hinges on the emotions of others.

Most of that was shitty romances and detective books

>Doing anything with a goal in mind is a perfect way to be unhappy.

I understand her to mean

>Don't focus too much on being popular or selling a lot, because that's no guarantee of longevity

>t. popular author

they would all be public domain by now why hasn't a publisher picked them up for easy cash

Nobody wants to read what was popular in the Victorian era. It doesn't even have any literary merit, most plebs would be happier reading popular current pleb garbage that they can talk about with their friends

>It doesn't even have any literary merit
>most plebs would be happier reading popular current pleb garbage that they can talk about with their friends
Wouldn't that mean the problem is too much literary merit, not too little?

99.5% of Ancietn Greek literature is out of print

I can't wait for superheroes to fucking dissappear from the face of history, then

99.9% of 80s lit is out of print.

Does Amazon ever take anything down from kindle? I highly doubt anything will ever go "out of print" (except maybe literally) ever again. Which ironically makes it a lot more difficult to be remembered for your writing.

100% of Zadie Smith's will soon be out of print

t. Alan Moore

Being honest, I live (for the most part) without any goals and I swing wildly from being content to really fucking fed up so I don't think it matters

i want to fuck her ass

Zadie smith will hopefully be the last person to be around in 300 years. I don't think much literature period from this time will be remembered aside from the greats still alive and writing.

rupi kaur is probably the only writer who will be remembered in 100 (or 500) years.

that 99.5% of Victorian literature wasn't good enough to be considered profound & resonate culturally.

Have you memorised it now? Good.