What do you live for?

Living is evil

I want to punch the mother of whoever made this chart

the æsthetic

Anime

>immediately defaults to holding people at gunpoint for nihilism

Rude

For art.

Everything is secondary to aesthetic concerns. Happiness is nothing compared to greatness.

time is a flat burger

“He who has a why to live for can bear almost any how.” —Friedrich Nietzsche

I used to have it man and I was unstoppable. Strong even in my depression. Now I lost it and I'm just wallowing.

ideas, aesthetics, meaningful relationships

>Power above happiness
That's my boy.

>he's a nihilist
>he doesn't hold someone at gunpoint at least once a day
Fucking pseud.

Nothing, everything

That's not the point of the film, not even a character's belief. you trippin

Listen bub, anything short enough to be read in a moment doesn't warrant a summary, and to anything which is longer a summary is an injustice.

In my mind even though they are unfortunatley ambigous descriptions, the modality in which they are presented does not give the ability to make them clearer.

Then don't do it at all, what the fuck are you talking about?

Getting plugged with as many thick cocks as possible, my dude.

Memes, obviously.

>be self-sufficient
>Cynicism
Fucking what? Cynics were all about mooching off of others.

>When asked what type of wine he preferred, Diogenes replied "other people's".

Almost all of this is wrong, hilariously enough.

これです

Why do Redditors love these fucking infographics so much?

I live to assume my responsibilities given to me by the universe to influence and inspire prosperity and fullness in my own race, and to do as little harm to the earth as I can muster. As long as life lasts on this little dot, true divinity is the goodness of living things and we can't fail the strange moment of time we have been given.

They don't have the attention span to read anything with more than 100 words so they can just look at the pictures and tell themselves they learned something.

They don't have the willpower to actually research things so they gain a shallow knowledge of a wide array of topics so they can feel like "renaissance men".

In other words, pseudointellectualism.

It lacks of Taoism.

fuck off chang

I never understood this part of his philosophy. Isn't the point of art to bring positive emotions (happiness) and he hates utilitarianism so why suffer in order to produce art which will be enjoyed by others?

It's just my basic instinct to continue living.

>Melancholia
>leaves the viewer in a state of ecstasy
What did they mean by this?

>Isn't the point of art to bring positive emotions (happiness)
No.

I'm saying that you shouldn't complain about a summary stripping meaning SINCE THE POINT IS TO STRIP IT DOWN TO THE VERY CORE OF ITS MEANING IN AS CONSICE AND ACCURATE A WAY AS POSSIBLE GIVEN THE IMPOSED RESTRICTIONS

There is no "point" in art

WHY IMPOSE THE GIVEN RESTRICTIONS IF IT IS IMPOSSIBLE TO FIND A CONCISE AND ACCURATE MEANING WITHIN THEM?

brevity

Kantianism desu

No, art is a phenomenon, it does not have a purpose, similar to an earthquake.

inertia

What's the school of thought that endorses playing video games and shitposting on Veeky Forums all day?

Hedonism

Some combination of humanism, existentialism and stoicism. The first two are for the 'why', the third is for the 'how'. Most other philosophies are for cowards.

>humanism
A.k.a. "cuck logic"

What was it?

>It's another reductionist philosophy chart thread

All of you should kill yourselves

having sex with women
I used to think everything i did was for myself. but then I realized i feel the greatest when a female starts touching me and she allows me to touch her and then im licking her and shes making soft noises that sends tingles all my over my body.

I need women in my life or i'll go crazy

>no Taoism section
>Taoism generally overlooked by most of western civilization
>and we wonder why our suicide rates are 10,000x higher than cultures that study Taoism much more

Happiness, really. Just the idea that one day I'd have things figured out and wouldn't be such a mess. Now it seems either impossible or too far away to really be worth pursuing.

This Nietzsche quote made me ready to die happy, soothed all my existential dread in one fell swoop:
"If we affirm one moment, we thus affirm not only ourselves but all existence . . . and if our soul has trembled with happiness and sounded like a harp string just once, all eternity was needed to produce this one event - and in this single moment of affirmation all eternity was called good, redeemed, justified, and affirmed."

James Joyce was a huge Nietzsche fan as well and Ulysses is laced with his philosophy, which is something insanely overlooked by the literature community.

>tfw 2 depressed to feel anything from that

I really like that, thanks!

I LIVE FOR MEMES, OP!!!

Don't live for anything. I'm alive due to Instinct and fear of death.

He was on PCP during filming

>you and your horse's nigger
>this is my ice cream

Stoicism and platonism

>This live is insame/meaningless
>Decided i agree that suicide just negates the problem
>I'm the be all and end off of life/truth
I assume this is Egoism?

>epicureanism=hedonism
this will never cease to trigger me

For me it was music but it just doesnt feel the same anymore

L O V E

It says "fuck your mom nigger this is my ice cream"

Maybe it did before google translate turned it into "you and horse's nigger, this is my ice cream."

Epicureanism is a hedonism, just not a Cyrenaic/libertine version.

I don't have any compelling reason to keep living. Equally I have no reason to seek death. So I carry on. Life's alright.

>phenomena
>not empty
wew lad

this is why nietzsche was doomed the moment he decided to take schopenhauer as a foil and disregard hegelianism completely

does hedonism have any intellectual grounding

r9k or tumblr depending on your gender

>want to "affirm life"
>make a philosophy based around one great orgasm which gives people carte blanche to say when they're done with it or make them feel like giving up on it when they think they will never see it/have seen it
you scared little fuckers can't simply do something can you? you always have to have some sort of justification or assurance that you're correct in some way or other. and if society won't give you what you want then you'll scorn the very thing that made you and say you have your "own" way (like it didn't tell you that all your life too) and relate to whatever dead figure pleases you. who are you trying to convince? who are you trying to manipulate? who are you trying to trick? why can't you be quiet, if you're so alone?

is the soul of wit

You gotta ride the tiger.

I would think it has all the intellectual grounding. That doesn't mean are philosophers into it, but is it a rational way of seeing life.
When you really delve into it, though, in practice it leads to nothing but misery. Like it does to 4channers that read (about) Stirner at a young age and don't realise they're gonna get rejected from waifus and fail for many reasons to get any benefit out of a hedonistic lifestyle.
To some others, as Kierkegaard puts it, it leads to a life where the only constant is boredom.

/thread

why does everyone get stoicism wrong?

Epicureanism is rational hedonism, and epicurean texts provide a solid intellectual grounding, which you are clearly unfamiliar with. Everything you do you do for pleasure.

This pic is just pants on head retarded

>the modality in which they are presented
please fuck off and never post on the internet again

the hope that things will improve.

Everything up to kantiansm (included) is painfully wrong

Classical liberalism is a political ideology, why is it presented as a way of life?

Neither hedonism nor Epicureanism are psychological theses, you dip