Stephen King

I've read IT, The Shining, Pet Sematary, Different Seasons, The Long Walk, and Misery.

IT is my favorite thus far, but I think Misery is the most well written. Where do I go from here?

inb4 King sucks. I know. I don't care.

Insomnia, short stories.

The running man?

After that....I dunno

There's really not much else I'd recommend, he's written a tremendous amount of complete shit, you've already banged out the good stuff.

Read his short story and novella collections, that is where King shines. Pick up All Dark No Stars, and A Bazaar of Bad Dreams.

what the fuck is wrong with this guy's face?

it's really high and drunk

the long walk is his best work
read the first three books of the dark tower?

'Salem's Lot is really the only other one worth pursuing.

The truly die-hard swear by The Stand but I think they are just trying to justify having wasted 1200 pages of their life on King. Approach with caution.

The Stand

Read the first half of The Stand.

Then read The Great and Secret Show by Clive Barker.

There's no point to reading King when you can watch movies based on the books.

Also read the short stories Survivor Type and The Jaunt.

I've seen all of them.

Dark Tower series

Pretty much this, but maybe 11/22/63 or The Green Mile?

You've covered the best though. Personally, I thought The Shining was at least equal to Misery, but I can see how you would prefer Misery.

Dark Tower or The Stand.

How do you read 6 King books but skip over his best two works?

this or 11.22.63.
under the dome is basically garbage though. dont bother with it.

I've watched the TV series. Not impressed.

The Girl Who Loved Tom Gordon

Always found this to be a very underrated King novel. It's relatively short too, so it's not a huge time waste if you don't enjoy it for some reason

>Where do I go from here?

The Running Man
Rage
Cujo
Night Shift (short story collection, genuinely good stuff in there)

Those are all good fun. You can stop reading King after that.

The book was miles better than the TV series.

is correct. The problem was probably compounded by my reading the extended version but The Stand is a really bad meme and I thoroughly regret the time I spent trudging through it

The only reason I have fond memories of The Stand was because my mother read it to me when I was younger.

Your mother read you all that kinky sex stuff with Harold?

I enjoyed Dolores Claiborne and Gerald's Game.

From what I remember The Dead Zone was pretty gud.

The Green Mile is really good, if you want a series then Dark Tower is also great and if you really just can't get enough The Stand is very good but as stated by everybody fucking long

Coked up King is best King.

IT and The Long Walk are my favorites. Try these (the first being the most highly recommended).

>Salem's Lot
>11/22/63
>Rage
>The Stand - The closest you'll get to the feeling of reading IT, besides re-reading IT and watching the miniseries.
>Under the Dome (from what I've seen of the TV series, it is absolutely atrocious. This book is great, but something unfortunately holds it down. Still worth checking out though.
>Night Shift
>Joyland

Well I suppose you could classify this as a guilty pleasure but I found The Tommyknockers to be really entertaining, especially when the story goes full batshit crazy.

This plus Different Seasons

>Gerald's Game
Good choice.

If you haven't read the Talisman read that for sure.

Also read Blaze.

Dead Zone, 11/22/63, His short story collections are good, Hearts in Atlantis is not too bad

>the Talisman
I quite like the stories King writes with child protagonists (It, The Talisman)