How do I talk to fundamental Christians about dinosaurs without insulting them?

How do I talk to fundamental Christians about dinosaurs without insulting them?
I'm going to HAVE to as a museum volunteer.

Other urls found in this thread:

google.com/#q=two creation accounts in the bible
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Police are murdering blacks in cold blood every day, and this is the biggest problem white people can come up with?

>scenario
>be me
>cart with rocks
>"how old is this mollusk"
>100,000,000 years BCE.
>"oh the Bible says the earth is only 4,000 years old"
What do

If God made the earth, the earth shouldn't lie to us.

Well, sir, you see, the bible, it, well, uhh, your religion is shit

>What do
well I would tell them the truth, and probably get fired for offending their religion.

pro tip: the bible doesn't say anything that contradicts dinosaurs or billion year old rocks
it only says humans are ~6000 years old
everything else (including the universe and the planet and the animals and the plants) is completely fair game and up for discussion/study

Honestly? Ask your bosses, say whatever the hell they tell you to say.

"The Museum (see, shifting the blame) is in currently presents with the conclusions disclosed by members of the International Academy of Sciences, as well as by academic scientists and researchers before them. Since 1982, the IAS has allowed it's members to engage in Scientific debate, and the Museum relies heavily on the empirical research and academic papers circulated by academia. Science is a time consuming process, and while there is always room for debate, the consensus reached by researches relies on testable mediums and analytical, deductive logic. The material presented is a representations of conclusions built from those research standards."

There.

If they can "Gish Gallop" dishonestly, then we can do so honestly.

Hi there, I'm Christian AND a geologist.

Tell them there are two creation accounts in the bible, which one are they mad about? When they complain that there aren't two creation accounts tell them 'you aren't a Christian then, you've never even read the bible.'

Laugh at them. Laugh and laugh and laugh and laugh and laugh. They deserve it. Fucking retards giving Christians in the sciences a bad name.

google.com/#q=two creation accounts in the bible

heretic
is the correct answer

But that's not true at all. Even humans aren't listed as ~6000 years old in the Bible. Only that Adam and Eve were created and placed in a garden. The garden already existed on a planet God had previously already made and God put two people in it. That's all we can get from it.

see
There are TWO creation accounts. We cannot, nor should not ever accept the idea that it's a literal historical device. Remember, this is an account dictated to SHEPHERDS and it's main purpose is to let the reader understand that God is God and the father of mankind. What we should never get out of it is that man or any other realm of creation is 6000 years old.

I agree with you on everything you said other than that one point. Claiming that man is 6000 years old but the Earth is not leads to all sorts of other misunderstandings.

>it only says humans are ~6000 years old
phew, I'm glad it's not super retarded, just very retarded

fuck off

The whole main idea of the Bible rests on the idea of sin inherited from Adam and Eve repaid in the ransom of Jesus' life.

If the story were not literal, or if there were people before Adam and Eve, this wouldn't make any sense because there would be people that did not inherit this original sin.

See:
"Therefore, just as sin entered the world through one man, and death through sin, and in this way death came to all people, because all sinned" -Rom 5:12

"For just as through the disobedience of the one man the many were made sinners, so also through the obedience of the one man the many will be made righteous." - Rom 5:19

>murdering blacks in cold blood

Have u actually looked at the crime statistics

it's bait; do not respond

I have nothing wrong with Christians. But we have real fundamentalists that come to the museum giving alternative tours and shit. They literally come and tell other people that our displays aren't real.

>almost exactly in line with the 10,000 year figure that basically all historians give
>very retarded

>6000 is almost exactly the 10000 I pulled out of my ass to make my fairytales look good
k e k

>6,000 = 10,000
Fuckoff

(psst the real number is actually around 50~100k)

>10000
Not even close pal

Find a marker of humanity that can't be disputed ( is dated, no matter how primitively) older than 10000 years

>implying that there are two creation stories
wut?

This is actually a hugely debated subject, whether or not dinosaurs were a part of the original creation. Job 40:15-24 details a "behemoth":
"He moveth his tail like a cedar: the sinews of his stones are wrapped together. His bones are as strong pieces of brass; his bones are like bars of iron." (Job 40:17-18)
Just direct them to that passage and they'll be appeased.

>hugely debated subject
by complete retards, you mean
no one else gives a fuck about which fairytales you choose to take as canon

>ITT: Americans

Why would Christians visit something that directly affronts their religion? Do non-religious people visit Christian museums?

Yes I have - large herds of dumb amerifats go to museums every day, it's heartbreaking.

Are you retarded or something?

Like, what is preventing you from just reading the Bible yourself to find out? The dude you're responding to even googled it for you.

>How do I talk to fundamental Christians about dinosaurs without insulting them?

Just explain to them how most of the dinosaurs died in the great flood, and the ones that Noah took on the ark died out afterwards.

Just answering OP's question. Made no claim of truth. Don't be such an edgy fuck. Came from Veeky Forums to provide a civil method of dispelling religious fags. As if being religious divides one from rationality.

Tell them the truth, duh.

>fundamental Christians
American """"""""Christians""""""""" aren't real Christians. Only Catholics and Orthodoxes are.

Adam and Eve are supposed to be the mitochondrial eve and her mate, the first two humans to have sapience and thus awareness of their own deaths. Sin is in this context thought, not necessarily wrongdoing, as gaining knowledge or sapience draws us to our own goals and gives us a sense of "self" (that can die when compromised) as opposed to mindless creatures with no sense of self that endlessly cycle in various states through gods creation. Since we have our soul or sense of self, but our body is destined to cycle in manners that are in tune with gods creation but incompatible with maintaining our sense of self, God gave us Christ to forgive us of our retraction from nature and offer our "selves" to be eternal as well.

Adam and Eve disobeyed God by disregarding His authority and His sovereignty. They did this in Eden. This sin cost them the bliss God intended for their lives because they no longer deserved it, deciding that they wanted to rule themselves rather than their Creator. They were perfect humans and they sinned, putting the rest of humanity in debt to God because no other human after them was perfect and could pay back what we owed.

We inherited that sin and that debt from them and Christ, another perfect human (at least in his earthly form) paid back that debt and overwrote that sin with his life for us in order that we may have our accounts settled with God.

The sin wasn't thoughtcrime. God gave us the liberty to think and have goals and have "selves". We are made in His image after all. His only commandments for us were to respect his sovereignty (do not eat from the tree) and to fill and tend for the Earth. All the other "regulations" are necessary only because we are surrounded with sin in Satan's world and serve for our benefit to resist the temptations Eve yielded to.

The entire Bible revolves around this basic point.

Seems like a prick if he got mad someone ate a fruit. Sounds more like Satan than God.

>Gives you perfect life with no sickness suffering or death with no rules except not to eat from one out of potentially infinitely many trees
>Seems like a prick