You're preparing for the happening right Veeky Forums? What are you prepping? What is the most efficient...

You're preparing for the happening right Veeky Forums? What are you prepping? What is the most efficient? What are the essentials?

dehydrated cheese ftw.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=_w61HI9ewCo
twitter.com/AnonBabble

thinking about a guy hunkered in his basement with giant bucket of cheese is to funny. maybe i interest you in delicious chocolate laxative. I was gonna freeze dry our vacuum seal some stuff some time.

do americans really do that...???

That food looks disgusting, OP.

only people who own a lot of guns

that shit will expire in 1 year. 2 years tops. You prep for longevity.

Chewy chips but no reese's pieces.

>/pol/ fags straying from their containment board again

Nothing to see here.

yeah, I guess, but if two years isn't enough time to come up with some food. your in some deep shit.

All that sugar and salt? Has they've probably got like 5 years or more

wheres the amino powder, you do want to have maximum gains during the apocalypse don't you?

i can all my food so it looks like i'm a prepper but it's really just for my own enjoyment

Hey guys, maybe throw a couple of these bad boys into your stockpile

you can thank me after SHTF

upset food want last longer, not enough food to last that long anyway. oh well I guess it's cannibalism.

youtube.com/watch?v=_w61HI9ewCo

God you faggots and your pol obsession are boring. Always shitting up threads for no reason.

>implying /pol/ isn't the site and all the other boards arent just containment boards

when you dropped out of high school because natural resources extraction jobs are paying good money and the mine closed and now you're too old to learn to read and too lazy to pick crops or mop floors, fantasizing about the zombie apocalypse provides a welcome escape from your miserable dead-end life

And Mormons.

Basically anyone without much in the way of wealth or education has a tough time feeling a sense of control over their lives. Stockpiling food and arms for the coming apocalypse provides them with a sense of security they can't get from their careers or small amount of accumulated wealth.

Hiroshi has bent over backwards for you faggots, creating /bant/ and not rangebanning you when you raid other boards. What is so hard to understand about how no one wants you shitting up other boards. You are a petulant child wandering into a conversation and demanding that people talk about what you want and then throwing a hissyfit when people tell you to leave. moot is without a doubt spinning in his grave

I'm vegan so I'm completely fucked if I continue that shit so I will promptly be eating whatever I can stock up at that point. I mean unless I start farming my own shit..which I pretty much at this point..I can see how anybody would be able to survive on a vegan diet during something happeneing. Its such a finicky diet and I seriously cant see anybody walking through some run down supermarket going
>SWEATHEART...I FOUND THE BEANS..THEY ARENT FAIR TRADE NON GMO VEGAN ONES THOUGH

Unless you have a million guns you will just be farming for the guy with the most guns

If it were a true apocalypse I assure you there wouldn't be any vegans or picky eaters. People will eat anything edible they can kill or scavenge. They'll be extremely fortunate if they don't have to resort to cannibalism.

>implying /pol/ isn't the site and all the other boards arent just containment boards

I'm sure /mlp/ thinks the same thing.

It can be good to have a week or so of food and water if you live in disaster prone areas but anything more than that is autism.

This is true. People who think they will survive for years in a total apocalypse because they stockpiled some neutered military style weapons and a shitload of food are whacko. Localized units that were previously military will be rampaging through the countryside and attacking you to obtain your weapons, ammo and food. Since their weapons are far superior and they've had military training, and your military training consists of reading SoF, hanging out on /k/ and playing paintball every other weekend, they will wipe you out in short order.

500 jars of vegemite

What if you actually have real military experience and a buttload of weapons too?

then it's just numbers and superior position.

>You're preparing for the happening right Veeky Forums?
No.
>What are you prepping?
2 frozen pizzas, 2 1/2 lbs frozen ravioli, 2 jars of marinara sauce.
>What is the most efficient?
Pizza, for many obvious reasons.
>What are the essentials?
Flour, yeast, tomatoes, and cheese.

If you had a group of guys functioning as a sort of military unit, I suppose they might negotiate and invite you to join them, then. But one person barricaded in a house? They'll just take you down. And the fact is, the vast majority of wannabees doing this prepping shit don't have military training.

America is really huge but the food producing regions aren't spread too evenly. Anyone with even the slightest understanding of supply chains know that it would take very little in the way of disruption to get us to the point where grocery shelves are completely emptied of food in the course of a few days. And if you don't live in or near a food producing region, you're out of luck.

It costs very little to have a few weeks of food and water stored and there's really no reason not to. The people who think it's foolish are the same people who don't keep a spare tire or jumper cables in their car.

Sure why not. The government is the biggest terrorist organization and you need to be prepared for when shit hits the fan. You need guns, raid-proof house and bunker. Also, a little tower so you can pick off pigs from above haha! People think preppers are nuts but just wait til the gov decides you no longer have any rights (not that you had any to begin with..) And I'm actually very liberal and compassionate for other people so don't call me a cuckservative who browses /pol/ those Nazi scumbags should be euthanized.

Lemme guess, you're one of the kids jumping in the supply chain management bandwagon aren't ya? Don't lie just curious.

Holy fucking kek
All that salt
So few things to make the sugary salt rice food work. Enjoy yourself.

Better than having nothing and no chance at all

"Supply chain" is not some esoteric technical term that only someone working in the industry would know, user.

>not piling up MRE

>You're preparing for the happening right
during a real happening, you'd probably have to flee and leave most of that food behind.

>left shelf is just sauces and condiments
>right shelf is sauces, oils and juice
apart from the stuff in buckets, there's not much actual food in there.

Yes but it wasn't until very recently I started hearing it pop up more and more. Most of my friends are either going to school for supply chain management or business. I'm just curious if that's what you were interested in user.

The idea of roving bands of ex-military pillaging the countryside is equally some kind of fantasy.

>supply chain is obscure
lol

add that to the list along with schnitzel being obscure

and spirit. don't forget fighting spirit :)

More like decades. Same with the rice.

All those condiments are fucking retarded though.

>you will just be farming for the guy with the best aim
FTFY

A "total apocalypse" in which all government structures spontaneously cease to exist and yet people are still capable of leaving bunkers, is a fantasy.

Salt isnt just for taste user, its used to preserve meat.

I got a few of pic related for camping. Just checked the date, it expires 11 years from now. Probably be just fine to eat a decade or more beyond that.

some of that shit will stay good for years you stupid fucking prick

United states of manchildren ...... exemplified times 50

Rice and beans. 5kg of beans and 10kg of rice. It's not much, but I live alone so that would last me at least a month.

any type of happenings actually.
>[insert happening here] provides a welcome escape from your miserable dead-end life
That's your average /pol/tard

Does anyone have that image which shows you one persons food for a year? It's various sacks and containers on a metal rack labelled with the right amount?

What is it with people like you? You see someone taking a few simple precautions for the wellbeing of their family and you explode into autistic rage. You could just ignore them but no, you spit on them like a snarky school girl.

This one subject really triggers your sort. It's like it is heresy to your religion.

Only the essentials

The stuff in the buckets wasn't bought by anybody who cooks, either.

Equal volumes of salt and sugar? Sure, he was smart enough to get iodised salt, that'll help with living in a fucking hole in the ground until his hoard runs out... but sugar? You'd want way more than that, if only to preserve the last crops and forage you were able to gather. Not everything benefits from being boiled in brine, and you can't make booze from salt.

In order to precipitate a collapse of that kind something would have to be a lot more wrong than those fuckers/our shit; you're talking white walkers and shit, not a small war that miraculously leaves your wilderness untouched. Military training wouldn't really help even with a group, unless you'd been vetting them and their families psychologically for years beforehand to weed out the Hudsons from the Hicks, and even then assuming you could do all that things would still have to go pretty close to your plan. Nobody planning for the apocalypse has any idea what could go down; most of them refuse to educate themselves about reality as it is, which is why they're stockpiling canned eggs in the first place.

>Most of my friends are either going to school for supply chain management or business.

Because that's what businesses want - people who understand how it all works. It's no good just hiring the manager's son to run the store when he retires - you've got to know that this asshole isn't going to be on the phone asking where the canned eggs he ordered last week are because there's a run on them and he doesn't understand models of production and supply.

Why not just shoot your pancreas?

Most of it's good for one meal - big containers. Open, it's got a shelf life in maybe days, maybe hours without refrigeration; with, maybe weeks. Each reheat to kill off microbial life reduces human-extractable nutrient, too.

The big tubs of rice will go bad before you get to the bottom, unless they're supposed to be used quickly, like at the restaurants they're packaged for. A family of four would throw out the bottom tenth of each tub - better to throw it out earlier, but rice is particularly good at giving you food poisoning, since the bacteria that love to colonize it don't necessarily have their spores die off with short boiling. A rodent or insect infestation will also wreck one of those; fungus is a likely hazard too, as each opening will tend to attract more moisture from the air into the dry rice.

The sugar and salt have the same moisture problem but 10x worse; one hairline crack in those containers and they'll quickly fill up, and while this won't damage the salt - you can just dry it out again, eventually - it'll make your sugar into rum. The first you know will be when the tub starts to bulge, either venting through the fissure (and costing you all of that resource in addition to fouling your clean storage area) or exploding (if you didn't check it soon enough), potentially damaging and contaminating the cans above.

Similarly, you'd want to be damn sure with a long-term store about the integrity of the seals of anything brined, as well as the (in this case commercial which is likely more effective than home) canning process. Exploding hot-dogs and pickles will, again, contaminate, foul, and potentially damage other containers.

Not a lot of containers available after the apocalypse, and you'll probably want a lot of the larger ones you have for keeping rainwater in prior to/post decon.

Because the preppers are delusional manchildren