Who is the smartest writer in the history of Western civilization?

Who is the smartest writer in the history of Western civilization?

Not the best
Not the most entertaining
Just the smartest

Other urls found in this thread:

nonsite.org/editorial/the-case-against-reparations
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Me

thread needs more ta-nehisi coates tbqh

contributing

"smart" is a pretty poorly defined concept

but in any case, pic profoundly unrelated

nonsite.org/editorial/the-case-against-reparations

author's name is Adolph reed, which might give one the wrong idea; he's a black leftist

Goethe/Joyce/Shakespeare if we mean art. It'd be hard to argue against Hegel otherwise. And I assume we're not including mathematicians and scientists.

I've been reading that guy's essays and, I don't know, he's being widely praised but in so many ways he reminds me of the German/Austrian essayists from before WW1 - it's mostly 'I'm cultured I know all these names from widely ranging arts', very little 'original' thought, just rehashing, not creating. And zero ability to laugh about oneself.

You need to go back to pol racist fucktard.

You think that just because he's BLACK he's PRETENDING to be smart? I just cannot even, ugh.

This is exactly why all white people need to be killed. They are just too violent and insulting to ever converse with and their opinions are offensive.

Lame ass bait, 0/10

go back to /b/

I'd say that Liebniz is smarter than Hegel, and he wasn't strictly a mathematician.
That describes every writer working from the intersectional perspective. Embracing it seems to render people incapable of being truly insightful.

Yeah good point, he's quite humorless

Probably... Marx. Definitely Marx.

/pol/ is always right tho

>Fails university
>Can't even learn English despite living in England for decades
Yeah, no.

honest question for all of you, have you posted something on another board where someone was like "got back to Veeky Forums"?

Yes. Whenever someone posts something pretentious, anons always tells them to fuck off back to Veeky Forums

Yup.

Funny enough it was in an argument about movies which was happening on Veeky Forums.

The smartest ones were all STEMists.
I'd say either Gauss or Euler (thye both have written essays on various topics).

If we're escluding STEM freaks I'd say Aristotle.

>Fails university
he got a phd

i love these

Napoleon

Highest IQ in the history of philosophy

Gauss, Von Veumann, Nietzsche, in that order.

Von Neumann, lel

>Nietzsche
>Smarter than Leibniz

Lets not be autistic here. Just because you're interests doesn't extend to math doesn't mean you're a retard.

Leibniz literally thought the world was created perfectly by God.

Let's be honest here. Your interests not encompassing linguistics doesn't make you retarded.

hurr durr

Probably Husserl, Aristotle, Frege, and Leibniz were among the most High IQ philosophers in history.

Doesn't make them necessarily the most correct however.

Ayn Rand

borges

L E I B N I Z

Hopefully his parents named him that because of the intentional irony.

pinecone

Ugh, a nigger is on my screen.