Was he a poofter?

Was he a poofter?

always the poofter never the poftee

>Reminding me why I come to this board
9/10

>implying Alfred Douglas wasn't a complete aggressive degenerate.

apparently he was posing as a somdomist.

whatever that was. they put him in prison for it.

Well someone usually bends and that's a pose.

He said he lived his life as the Ancient Greeks did, so yea, whatever that means.

eating mush, fighting the guys in the next town, pushing women into the back of the house, forcing them to weave chitons and then dying of sepsis? okay.

Thigh fucking seems like the norm. So he wasn't into sodomy.

>In the company of Oscar Wilde, [Andre Gide] had several sexual encounters with young boys abroad.

>Wilde took a key out of his pocket and showed me into a tiny apartment of two rooms… The youths followed him, each of them wrapped in a burnous that hid his face. Then the guide left us and Wilde sent me into the further room with little Mohammed and shut himself up in the other with the [other boy]. Every time since then that I have sought after pleasure, it is the memory of that night I have pursued. […] My joy was unbounded, and I cannot imagine it greater, even if love had been added.

>How should there have been any question of love? How should I have allowed desire to dispose of my heart? No scruple clouded my pleasure and no remorse followed it. But what name then am I to give the rapture I felt as I clasped in my naked arms that perfect little body, so wild, so ardent, so sombrely lascivious? For a long time after Mohammed had left me, I remained in a state of passionate jubilation, and though I had already achieved pleasure five times with him, I renewed my ecstasy again and again, and when I got back to my room in the hotel, I prolonged its echoes until morning.[26]

He fucked more adolescents than Humbert ever did

They had no sex offender registry back in the 1800s so the moment he got out of prison he moved to Italy and started fucking more kids

>oh poor Oscar Wilde the LGBT martyr ;_;

What the fuck, he was literally a pedo. I had no idea about this. Keep in mind I've been reading "The Importance of Being Earnest", "The Picture of Dorian Grey" and the script for "Lady Windermere's Fan". I'm way behind on Oscar Wilde simply because there was never any discussion about him in HS or at Uni, so I know virtually nothing about this man other than some memes about his sexuality or that he was Irish, he was always a peripheral thing for me.

But I got these vibes from his work that he was a hardcore homo, never did I think he went so far.

Give the marquess a break, phones didn't have spell check in those days.

Gide actually was a proud pedo and considered it superior to regular faggotry:

>In his journal, Gide distinguishes between adult-attracted “sodomites” and boy-loving “pederasts”, categorizing himself as the latter.

>I call a pederast the man who, as the word indicates, falls in love with young boys. I call a sodomite (“The word is sodomite, sir,” said Verlaine to the judge who asked him if it were true that he was a sodomist) the man whose desire is addressed to mature men. […]

>The pederasts, of whom I am one (why cannot I say this quite simply, without your immediately claiming to see a brag in my confession?), are much rarer, and the sodomites much more numerous, than I first thought. […] That such loves can spring up, that such relationships can be formed, it is not enough for me to say that this is natural; I maintain that it is good; each of the two finds exaltation, protection, a challenge in them; and I wonder whether it is for the youth or the elder man that they are more profitable.[25]

>He was a defender of pederasty

Fucking hell, what was going on at the time with the writers of that period? Flaubert was a complete degenerate throughout his life time, there's this author from Portugal named Camilo Castelo Branco and he was an utter degenerate aswell.

Basically if you're a writer from the 1800s-early 1900s you're a sexual deviant?

1800-2017

always would be more accurate. just succumb to the fact that human sexuality has always been and will always be degenerate

I like to think we punish pederasts nowdays, although you have a point about the rest.

I don't disagree, it's just that I'm seeing a myriad more of examples from that time period coming from "artists". Can't really blame an ideology either for many of them adhered to completely different genres of literature too.

Don't forget the completely unregulated opiates and pure cocaine available at every corner. They literally gave babies heroin for toothing pains.

Must have been fun times.

you will be surprised what kind of stuff will be revealed about todays "artists", once they are death... it's not that they are purer or less degenerate.

I romanticised the fuck out of the time period from ages 18 to 21-22, I assume if you had a reasonable amount of money at the time you could have a swell time. IIRC doctors carried Opium with them at all times just in case and many of them succumbed to the addiction aswell.

I hope I live that long. It's not necessarily that they're more pure, but if they engage in pederasty as openly as Gide or Wilde did it'd be a scandal.