My mother believes in quantum healing so how do I use science to make her realize that QH is a pseudoscience?

My mother believes in quantum healing so how do I use science to make her realize that QH is a pseudoscience?

Other urls found in this thread:

phys.org/news/2014-01-quantum-mechanics-efficiency-photosynthesis.html
bigthink.com/think-tank/the-backfire-effect-why-facts-dont-win-arguments
archive.is/Yz2Z5
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

If she believes that garbage then she wont consider science to be more valid at explaining things. She's hopeless, just get a new one.

Did you ask her why she believes that shit?

What is it that make it pseudo-science?

According to quantum mechanics, there is a non-zero probability that you at this very moment could tunnel out into space and find yourself on the surface of Mars. So why not healing?

Tell her that deepak chopra himself has admitted the "quantum" has nothing to do with quantum physics. Tell her he said it means "biology", and as a result it should be obvious he has no idea what he's talking about and is just using buzzwords.
It won't convince her btw, because people aren't convinced by argumentative people telling them they're being stupid. They're convinced by sympathetic views, and a levelheaded rejection of what they're asserting in favour of more evidence-based arguments. Push her gently.

You need to leave.

Women in general tend to be very spiritual, even if you convince her that it's bullshit she will simply start believing in something else. Let her be, that's my advise.

>tfw mom believes in acupuncture and "qi wind energy" or some shit

>mom believes in colloidal silver, water memory and homeopathy in general, reiki, big food conspiracy theories and several other alternative medicine methods

Haven't read the book. I assume it says something like, there is a quantum field which regulates or otherwise affects biological activity.

Well tough shit skeptics, it looks like there is.

phys.org/news/2014-01-quantum-mechanics-efficiency-photosynthesis.html

>quantum physics occur at molecular level
No shit.

Think. Just once. Try really hard to think about what this means.

That you're gullible and naive?

What does it say

Tell her that it can't work because the NSA is observing her all the time.

Bwahahahahaha
>disproving Indian autism with Copenhagen autism

weirdly, if she believes it will work, it might actually be doing some good.

Actually, interactions with surrounding matter and radiation mean that the positional probability distributions for the particles comprising you are pretty well-localised in terms of human scales.

For there to be a functionally non-zero chance of you suddenly appearing in Mars orbit, you'd have to be cooled to near enough absolute zero.

That you're a fuckwit who likes to display their ignorance in public.

Unequivocal proof of quantum effects *on living systems* you stupid fat retard.

I, nor anyone else here challenges the notion that the laws of quantum mechanics can be observed on a molecular level, or that life is evolutionarily optimized to fit the quantum rules of nature in that regard. So we are on the same line. What are you going to extrapolate from this remarkable observation?

Putting the word "quantum" before something doesn't make it scientific

i think she means that healing is quantized. i.e we all have defined HP values

Facts don't work as well as you think... Her "facts" are not winning you over.
bigthink.com/think-tank/the-backfire-effect-why-facts-dont-win-arguments

reminder to archive all clickbait links
archive.is/Yz2Z5

>tfw mom think blacks are genetically equal to whites in regards to intelligence.

>those beaverteeth
get this hideous creature off my screen

t. rejected by cute asian

>be me
>get acupuncture regularly because I get off on a qt pushing needles on me
>I still don't know what it's actually meant to do

I don't think so. The guy uses "quantum" as a synonym for "biological" when he talks about it in interviews.

>mom believes in chiropractors

For the same reason that no one has tunneled into space?

I like this

kek

>mfw she tells to move out right fter you finish bachelor's and "be independent", because she wants "live her life"