What are some sandwiches. besides peanut butter, that don't need to be refrigerated? Ideally something healthy...

What are some sandwiches. besides peanut butter, that don't need to be refrigerated? Ideally something healthy, not like marshmallow fluff and ketchup or whatever.

Peanut Spread

Every sandwich, pussy.

If it's going to go bad before you eat it, you shouldn't make it to begin with.

op is looking for something that won't go bad my his middle school's lunch period

Gee, I'm sorry, I thought this was a thread about sandwiches.

My mistake, take care samefag

>If it's going to go bad before you eat it, you shouldn't make it to begin with.
Care to walk me through this logic?

I like to make a weeks worth of sandwiches in advance and leave them at work so I don't have to remember to take them every day. The only actual problem with this routine is I can't think of anything to use other than peanut butter.

'oast 'wich

Is there a fridge at work? If so, you could do just about any sandwich you might want. Any sort of lunch meat (ham, turkey, salami, pastrami, roast beef, etc...), cheese, etc.

Peanit butta on bread is technically a burrito

Cheese, but since you are talking about super basic sandwiches, why not make them in 30sec-1min each morning and use some actual ingredients?

Very mature cheese, mustard, maybe some sliced cucumber or tomato, or some chutney on there. It'd be good for a day in okay temperatures, likely. What's the point? Just freeze a water bottle, throw it into the bag with your sandwich and enjoy both later, at perfect temps safely. Get an insulated lunch bag and still enjoy it cold 12 hours later. It's what I do everyday at my desk. I pack that sandwich up at 530 am, eat noonish, and still enjoy the 2nd half of my sandwich even at 5PM and it's cold still. The lunchbags with foil lining are alright for about 5 hours for the water bottle, but the ones with a foam sandwiched between plastic are good for a good 24 hours of coolness. I have vacuum thermos that would keep anything ice cold for 8 hours. Sometimes I pack a pasta salad, cracked wheat salad in there, or chicken salad and scoop out onto toasts or into a pita half on the spot. Marinated bean salads are great cold, but when marinated well, you can consume them safely as they warm up a couple of hours. Think texas caviar of black eyed peas, peppers, onions, cilantro, lemon, add some quinoa or whatever, just something to enjoy with some cassava chips or something like that.

Sometimes I'll put whole veggies like a baby cuke, and I may or may not eat it, but if you can slice food like salami, veggies or packaged cheeses like baby goudas in wax, you can go without a fridge multiple days, but of course refrigerate once opened. I love pimento cheese, which can be made on the spot with cheddar, mayo packets, jarred pimento. Cracked pepper.

If you're into tuna (I'm not), there are pouches of tuna packaged with packets of sweet pickle relish, mayo, crackers, kind of a mix-in on the spot tuna salad idea, different flavors, lemon or olive, etc. You could mock that up on your own with some shelf stable, olive tapendade or pesto in a tube, or save your hot dog condiment packets from 7-11, etc. Just pour salad dressing over canned beans or tuna :P

>I like to make a weeks worth of sandwiches in advance and leave them at work so I don't have to remember to take them every day. The only actual problem with this routine is I can't think of anything to use other than peanut butter.
OMG, set a reminder to take your lunch on your phone or something. Park your car keys in the fridge right on your lunch. Any day you forget? Eat a Nature Valley or meal replacement bar, no big deal, or one of those nukeable container soups.
Sandwiches and any prepared foods made at home shouldn't be stored and eaten more than 2 days in advance. Wow!
I suppose you can park some Sabra and a bag of pitas at work each Monday, bag of carrot sticks. Bag of salad with toppings kit, and stretch that into day 2. My mom used to buy the deli chicken salad and pitas and do that 3 days in a row at work. I would be bored. You can buy deli meat, cheese, bread and take it all along. Peanut butter is stupid. Most people just nuke their last night's dinner at work the next day where I work.

Crisp sandwich.
Or "star spangled potato chips Xtreme 5000" sandwich if you're American.

If there was a fridge we wouldn't be having this thread in the first place

Any cooked meat will be fine for 4-5 hours without a fridge

>If there was a fridge we wouldn't be having this thread in the first place
Are you saying that you leave prepared PB and J sandwiches unrefrigerated for 5 days?

Whoa there crazy man, who said anything about jam and or jelly.

really depends how long, most stuff in a plastic sealed bag our something will last couple days. assuming no extreme heat our moisture.

that might be to long. but look it up plenty of food isn't refrigerated. i would take tuna in a can, cause i'm the tuna man.

Not really a sandwich, but take some Herb/Garlic Marinade and spread it on bread as if it was PB. Marinades like that can last a long time.

All that vinegar salad-like goodness upgrades the bread and almost reminds you of eating a sandwich because its reminiscent of what you'd put on a sandwich.

Vinegar Salad dressings dont quite do it because they're not strong enough.

As for preparing this to last several days... just leave the bread and marinade there. You can put it on there at lunchtime.

> this is an excuse by the way, to make homemade bread

Also you can take a piece of bread and put a Hell of Alot of PB on it.

>Care to walk me through this logic?
It's common sense. Even peanut butter can spoil, bread gets stale, you're wasting your time trying to stick to any regular sandwiches.

What's more, eating just shelf-stable food for your lunches isn't healthy. If health doesn't matter for you, just eat some packaged bullshit.